Author Topic: Panicked CNN Analyst Suggests Joe Biden Should Refuse To Debate President Trump (VIDEO)  (Read 1068 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Panicked CNN Analyst Suggests Joe Biden Should Refuse To Debate President Trump (VIDEO)
Gateway Pundit, Aug 1, 2020

Joe Biden’s mind is not what it used to be and everyone knows it.

Over at CNN, analyst Joe Lockhart, who used to be Bill Clinton’s press secretary, is now arguing that Joe Biden should skip the debates with Trump. It’s obvious why he is saying this.

Like all Democrats, he is terrified that the public is going to see Biden melt down in real time.

From Newsweek:

Democratic strategists and supporters of Vice President Joe Biden are urging him not to debate President Donald Trump in the lead-up to Election Day, citing Trump’s publicity stunts and disregard for the rules in 2016. Meanwhile Biden backers, including some conservatives, applauded the University of Notre Dame and the University of Michigan for cancelling their scheduled debates over COVID-19 concerns.

Former White House Press Secretary Joe Lockhart joined several Democratic Party strategists in bluntly advising Biden, “whatever you do, don’t debate Trump.” Speaking on CNN Saturday, Lockhart said Trump shouldn’t be given another platform which will enable him to “repeat lies,” which he said occurred in the 2016 debates against Hillary Clinton…

“We saw in the debates in 2016 Hillary Clinton showed a mastery of the issues, every point she made was more honest and bested Trump,” Lockhart told CNN. “But Trump came out of the debates doing better I think because he just kept repeating the same old lies: ‘we’re going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,’ ‘we’re going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,’ and ‘we’re going to make great trade deals’ — none of these things have come to pass.”

See the video below:

More:  https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/panicked-cnn-analyst-suggests-joe-biden-refuse-debate-president-trump-video/

Online Right_in_Virginia

I agree with the part about setting the bar so low it will be impossible for Joe not to meet and surpass it.

(Although Lockhart's clearly panicked   888blackhat   )

Online rustynail

Why should he?  The votes are already in the mail.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I admit I can be wrong, but I can't see this Biden remaining the candidate.

--Slip and falls in the shower hitting head

--stroke or seizure

--Voters

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

‘we’re going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,’ and ‘we’re going to make great trade deals’ — none of these things have come to pass.”
  ****slapping

So,the DNC is complaining that Mexican rapists aren't being kept out of the country?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

Huckabee: 'Joe's got to show up' for debates as Democrats lay groundwork for Biden exit
Washington Times, Aug 2, 2020,  Valerie Richardson   -

The groundwork is being laid on the left for former Vice President Joseph R. Biden to skip the presidential debates, but former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Sunday that the presumptive 2020 Democratic nominee needs to take the stage.

Leading the calls for Mr. Biden to drop out is former Clinton White House spokesman Joe Lockhart, who tweeted Sunday that debating President Trump is like “debating the last drunk in a bar at closing time.”

Mr. Huckabee countered that “Joe’s got to show up,” even though he said Mr. Trump, a well-known teetotaler, would be a formidable debate opponent.

“If I were Joe Biden, I’d want to stay off the stage. There’s no way he can stand on the stage with President Trump and survive,” said Mr. Huckabee on “Fox & Friends.”

Mr. Lockhart, who also served previously as spokesman for the NFL, said Saturday it was “worth the risk” for Mr. Biden to drop out of the debates, alleging that Mr. Trump is “incapable of telling the truth,” which Mr. Huckabee dismissed as an excuse.

“It’s just a way of trying to justify Joe [Biden] pulling out of the debates because they know that it would be a cratering moment for him,” said Mr. Huckabee.

Also advising Mr. Biden to skip the debates are former Hillary Clinton senior adviser Zac Petkanas, who tweeted last week that Mr. Trump is not a “legitimate candidate,” and New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman, who said last month that Mr. Biden should only debate if Mr. Trump releases his 2016-18 tax returns and agrees to a real-time fact-check.

Mr. Huckabee disagreed, saying “you can’t run for president, you can’t be president and just say, let me know when this is all over because right now I’m in the hidey-hole, I plan to stay there until this all blows over.”

More:  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/aug/2/huckabee-joes-got-show-debates-democrats-lay-groun/

Online Right_in_Virginia

--stroke or seizure

--Voters

This could be the real reason behind the delay in choosing the VP candidate @truth_seeker   ----  They could be choosing TWO candidates, one a replacement for Biden.   :whistle:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats Urging Biden Not to Debate Trump
By Rick Moran Aug 02, 2020 10:35 AM EST

Democrats around the country have begun to pressure the Biden campaign to call off all debates with Donald Trump due to the coronavirus pandemic, they say.

In truth, the reason they don’t want Biden to debate Trump is that they don’t think Trump will play by their rules. The president would take over the debate and make it about what he wants, not what Biden wants.

Democrats are also worried about Biden’s mental stamina and his ability to remain engaged for an hour and a half during a debate.

Newsweek:

Democratic strategists and supporters of Vice President Joe Biden are urging him not to debate President Donald Trump in the lead-up to Election Day, citing Trump’s publicity stunts and disregard for the rules in 2016. Meanwhile Biden backers, including some conservatives, applauded the University of Notre Dame and the University of Michigan for cancelling their scheduled debates over COVID-19 concerns.

Former White House Press Secretary Joe Lockhart joined several Democratic Party strategists in bluntly advising Biden, “whatever you do, don’t debate Trump.” Speaking on CNN Saturday, Lockhart said Trump shouldn’t be given another platform which will enable him to “repeat lies,” which he said occurred in the 2016 debates against Hillary Clinton.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/rick-moran/2020/08/02/democrats-urging-biden-not-to-debate-trump-n741112
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Trump will have a "Field Day" if Biden refuses to debate.

Offline EdinVA

Trump will have a "Field Day" if Biden refuses to debate.
Even if he debates it will be a train wreck

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Basement Joe strategy isn't going to win for the Dems.

They think they can fearmonger and pearl clutch their way into the White House with their coronavirus scare hysteria, but unless this thing comes back in serious force, that's going to backfire on them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Democrats Urging Biden Not to Debate Trump
By Rick Moran Aug 02, 2020 10:35 AM EST

Democrats around the country have begun to pressure the Biden campaign to call off all debates with Donald Trump due to the coronavirus pandemic, they say.

In truth, the reason they don’t want Biden to debate Trump is that they don’t think Trump will play by their rules. The president would take over the debate and make it about what he wants, not what Biden wants.

@mystery-ak

Ya think?

Democrats are also worried about Biden’s mental stamina and his ability to remain engaged for an hour and a half during a debate.

Dims are always worrying about non-existent things.

Sure as hell,Trump is going to pull something shiny out of his pocket,wave it around,and Biden will be lost.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This could be the real reason behind the delay in choosing the VP candidate @truth_seeker   ----  They could be choosing TWO candidates, one a replacement for Biden.   :whistle:

I just read a little on Karen Bass; scientology, Castro.

Not VP material

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

The Basement Joe strategy isn't going to win for the Dems.

They think they can fearmonger and pearl clutch their way into the White House with their coronavirus scare hysteria, but unless this thing comes back in serious force, that's going to backfire on them.

The only way that they are going to win is by using fraud, corruption and mail-in voting.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

--stroke or seizure

--Voters

I think he'll conveniently step down after he accepts the nomination and names his VP.  That way the VP slides into his place and selects their VP.  Michelle & Valerie Jarrett
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The only way that they are going to win is by using fraud, corruption and mail-in voting.

The problem they got is the electoral college. They can cheat all they want in CA, IL, and NY with mail-in voting, but it won't change the numbers.

They're going to need red and swing states to adopt it as well, and I'm suspicious that they have the votes in the legislatures to make those changes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RinVa wrote:
"This could be the real reason behind the delay in choosing the VP candidate   ----  They could be choosing TWO candidates, one a replacement for Biden."

After Biden boxed himself in with the "female person-of-color" rule for VP, and after the powers-that-be are finding there ARE NO suitable candidates to be found from that restriction, they may now be arguing amongst each other as to how to override Biden's self-imposed criteria, and pick a male "person-of-non-color" and force him to run with same.

Or perhaps they're going to go further, and issue "the ultimatim" to Mr. Biden:
Withdraw, and get a BIG payoff
or
(there is no alternative -- this is truly "an offa he can't refuse"...)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think he'll conveniently step down after he accepts the nomination and names his VP.  That way the VP slides into his place and selects their VP.  Michelle & Valerie Jarrett

@libertybele

I don't think so. AFAIK,IF he is elected and has to step down AFTER the election but BEFORE he is sworn in,the party he represents gets to pick the replacement because there isn't enough time left to have another campaign.

Can you say "President Bubbette!"

You just KNOW I will be calling Bubba "The First Bitch".