Author Topic: American Conservatism Is Fiddling While Rome Burns  (Read 9503 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: American Conservatism Is Fiddling While Rome Burns
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2020, 02:57:59 am »
Correlation is not necessarily causal. Demographics are shifting, there hasn’t been a landslide national election for nearly 40 years - Reagan’s. Since they’ve all been close. You may not have noticed but public education is cranking out legions of cookie cutter marxists and a message of ‘rugged individualism’ falls on the deaf ears of third world immigrants.

And if we choose to not participate because no candidate is ‘pure’ enough we’ll soon pass the point of equilibrium and the landslides will be going in the other direction.

I think POTUS TRUMP is just as 'perfect', as the rest of us.  I find it odd, that people, start with ' He is not perfect', .....
He is a human being like the rest of us. I bet he is more wholesome than some on here. Most old time politicians, cheated on their wives, all the time, yet they stayed married.  Look at Clintons.  Most disgusting people, yet they stay married. Both gay and pedo's. My old post below. Trump does not smoke, drink alcohol, no illegal drugs, no coffee
-------------------------
ALL KENNEDYS were horn dogs. LBJ. CLINTON! Clinton has child with black prostitute. DANNY WILLIAMS. Hillary found in hotel room with female black prostitute! Not to mention their k!ll list. Same with Kenyan obama. Married to trannie, kids belong to Dr. Anita Blanchard & Martin Nesbitt. He was a male wh0re for rich white men to get his cociane. He smokes pot, drinks, so much he had BREWERY PUT IN WH.
 Trump does not smoke, drink alcohol, no illegal drugs, no coffee! He is more wholesome than you are! WWW.MAGAPILL.COM

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2020, 03:07:51 am »
That's funny, because every time true Conservatism has been preached in my life DIRECTLY correlates to the rise of the Conservative juggernaut. Every time. The rest of the time has been loss, or bare contested wins.

When and where was this?

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2020, 03:08:28 am »
When I was first married at age 19, when we went to his parents home for a dinner, or occasion,  the MEN ate in the living room and the women ate in the kitchen.  They didn't mingle, or eat with each other as husband & wife.  I found that odd. Then it was discovered that some women were actually smart, and could think!  The men, sat in the front of the car and the little woman in the back.  That is how I 'see' these principled conservatives.  Like Xena said, an old coot.  They can't come forward into the modern world.

« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2020, 03:23:30 am »
Correlation is not necessarily causal. Demographics are shifting, there hasn’t been a landslide national election for nearly 40 years - Reagan’s.

And Reagan never ran as a "Conservative".  He was a full-throated American populist.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2020, 03:30:18 am »
@skeeter ...  Thank you!  Your posts are always excellent sir.
As are your’s.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2020, 04:37:02 am »
Correlation is not necessarily causal. Demographics are shifting, there hasn’t been a landslide national election for nearly 40 years - Reagan’s. Since they’ve all been close.

Well KINDA... But no. The Contract with America - Conservative and MASSIVE. TEA Party - Conservative and MASSIVE. Nation-wide turnover at every level.

The truth rings like a bell. And folks WILL come.

You may not have noticed but public education is cranking out legions of cookie cutter marxists and a message of ‘rugged individualism’ falls on the deaf ears of third world immigrants.

Doesn't really work. Sooner or later all them shiny new liberals come up against life, which promptly adjusts their thinking with a 2x4 upside their head. Instant Conservative. The old adage is still the same: If you are not a liberal in your youth, you have no heart... If you are not a Conservative by old age, you have no brain.

And if we choose to not participate because no candidate is ‘pure’ enough we’ll soon pass the point of equilibrium and the landslides will be going in the other direction.

Makes no difference then... because without the principles found in conservatism, ALL of them, nothing will change, and all is lost already. Not that I believe all is lost, but rather, there is only one way forward, and the longer y'all allow a non-opposition Republican party to exist, the harder it will be to return to what works - Which IS Conservatism, as proven over millennia.

All y'all are doing is wasting precious time.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2020, 04:39:39 am »
And Reagan never ran as a "Conservative".  He was a full-throated American populist.

That simply is not true.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2020, 04:46:48 am »
When and where was this?

Reagan, 94 Congress, TEA Party.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2020, 04:47:46 am »
When I was first married at age 19, when we went to his parents home for a dinner, or occasion,  the MEN ate in the living room and the women ate in the kitchen.  They didn't mingle, or eat with each other as husband & wife.  I found that odd. Then it was discovered that some women were actually smart, and could think!  The men, sat in the front of the car and the little woman in the back.  That is how I 'see' these principled conservatives.  Like Xena said, an old coot.  They can't come forward into the modern world.

Principle things ARE principle things. Always TRUE. Modernity changes nothing

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2020, 04:52:37 am »
That simply is not true.

Of course it is. He ran as a "God, Country, Family" America Firster. 

Seriously, name one domestic accomplishment that was conservative.  Hell, Reagan even told us not to worry about the debt he was creating.

I think after three decades we can at least begin to separate fact from fiction, legend from reality. Don't you?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:06:42 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2020, 04:54:53 am »
Reagan, 94 Congress, TEA Party.

You've GOT to remove Reagan from this list.  It's the one that hurts us the most because it's seeped in fiction.

The '94 Congress was a thing a beauty.  And yet, never duplicated.  What did you princiiples do wrong?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2020, 05:12:52 am »
Of course it is. He ran as a "God, Country, Family" America Firster. 

Seriously, name one domestic accomplishment that was conservative. 

He revived Goldwater and  gave social conservatives a seat at the Conservative table, bringing Pro-Life and the Judeo-Christian Ethic into defined American Conservatism. If for no other thing, that makes him the Father of the modern Conservative movement and that without stepping on Goldwater. No hyphenation, and straight out of the Goldwater wing, like every Conservative.

And had he not, he would not have won.

Hell, he even told us not to worry about the debt he was creating.

Disrespect him all you like, you will not knock hm down.

I think after three decades we can at least begin to separate fact from fiction, legend from reality. Don't you?

It is obvious to me that you  are incapable thereof... having proven to be tone deaf wrt Conservatism as long as I have known you.  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2020, 05:15:56 am »
You've GOT to remove Reagan from this list.  It's the one that hurts us the most because it's seeped in fiction.

No.

The '94 Congress was a thing a beauty.  And yet, never duplicated.  What did you princiiples do wrong?

Corruption even as the TEA Party... Largely by the machinations of the Moderate wing. Still the only net gains AT ALL for the Right of any mention.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2020, 05:32:46 am »
@ Roamer,
you can assert and argue w/these types till you turn blue, yet nothing will come of it as they're
stuck of stupid.
As Kirk pointed out: CONSERVATISM HAS NOTHING TO DO W/POLITICS. N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!!!
Yet this is all they know (and want to know).
Ideas are far to burdensome for them as that requires reflection and reasoning, which are
incompatible w/table pounding, noise and insults.
It's a dead end.

Yet if one does not rise to defend, then one allows the Republicans to devolve into the same soulless masturbatory glee club as the Democrats. Without reason and consequence, the end is self evident,

If for no other reason, then to stand in the breach and preach repentance. And when  that does not work, I can shake the dirt off my shoes with confidence.  :beer: Even as my friend @INVAR before me.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 05:33:34 am by roamer_1 »

« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2020, 06:00:07 am »
He revived Goldwater and  gave social conservatives a seat at the Conservative table, bringing Pro-Life and the Judeo-Christian Ethic into defined American Conservatism. If for no other thing, that makes him the Father of the modern Conservative movement and that without stepping on Goldwater. No hyphenation, and straight out of the Goldwater wing, like every Conservative.

And had he not, he would not have won.

I know how candidate Reagan used the Christian Right ..... my question is what did he accomplish for them?  What was Ronald Reagan's legislative legacy for the Christian Right that helped elect him?

Disrespect him all you like, you will not knock hm down.

This is one of the interesting differences between you and me.  I don't think it disrespects Ronald Reagan to say he was the American populist needed to return America to sense of world confidence and restore belief in the America Dream.  Reagan was also VERY pro-American worker ... even slapping tariffs to level playing fields and creating debt to help them dig out from the Carter years.

Reagan loved this country but after he defeated the Soviet Union (a stellar legacy) and tax cuts the man pretty much coasted ... especially in his second term. 

But I give him overall high marks as President for how he helped repair the American psyche when repair was so needed.

What I am questioning, though, is the pedestal others -- not he --- built out of whole cloth and sand for Reagan to stand on into perpetuity. I think Reagan would be quite disappointed with how he's been used by a small group of "principled" who have yet to see him as he really was. And if I had to guess I'd say Reagan would be especially disappointed when these devotees use him as a sword against the current President; especially since the current President, out of the two of them, is actually trying to and often does govern as a conservative.

But I'm sensing this is a very sensitive subject for you.  So, I'll say no more and just wish you good night.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2020, 06:47:20 am »
-------------------------------
Obviously you have zero awareness of the embarrassing ignorance of your posts.
If you ever pass by a library (it's the stone building w/the books inside) suggest
you look up Plato, William of Ockham and Edmund Burke, whose writings might
acquaint you w/the meaning of Principled Conservatism.

Offline Mod5

« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2020, 05:19:53 pm »
 :im waiting:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #142 on: August 07, 2020, 05:27:35 pm »
-------------------------------
Obviously you have zero awareness of the embarrassing ignorance of your posts.
If you ever pass by a library (it's the stone building w/the books inside) suggest
you look up Plato, William of Ockham and Edmund Burke, whose writings might
acquaint you w/the meaning of Principled Conservatism.

You persuasive smooth talker you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #143 on: August 07, 2020, 05:56:34 pm »

Pure bullsh*t.

Once again RIV is showing she knows absolute nothing about Conservatism or Reagan.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #144 on: August 07, 2020, 06:22:06 pm »
I know how candidate Reagan used the Christian Right ..... my question is what did he accomplish for them?  What was Ronald Reagan's legislative legacy for the Christian Right that helped elect him?

Don't remember, doesn't matter. The primary point being that he legitimated the Christian Right, and their cause, and welcomed them to the Conservative table, and therefore into political existence.

This is one of the interesting differences between you and me.  I don't think it disrespects Ronald Reagan to say he was the American populist needed to return America to sense of world confidence and restore belief in the America Dream.  Reagan was also VERY pro-American worker ... even slapping tariffs to level playing fields and creating debt to help them dig out from the Carter years.

Reagan loved this country but after he defeated the Soviet Union (a stellar legacy) and tax cuts the man pretty much coasted ... especially in his second term. 

But I give him overall high marks as President for how he helped repair the American psyche when repair was so needed.

Yeah whatever. Incidental. That he springs from the Goldwater wing, That he brought unity to the Conservative factions thereof, and that he gave the Christian Right a seat at the Conservative table... That's his accomplishment. That is why he is revered.

What I am questioning, though, is the pedestal others -- not he --- built out of whole cloth and sand
for Reagan to stand on into perpetuity. I think Reagan would be quite disappointed with how he's been used by a small group of "principled" who have yet to see him as he really was.

Your understanding of Conservatism is sorely lacking... As is underscored by this statement.

And if I had to guess I'd say Reagan would be especially disappointed when these devotees use him as a sword against the current President; especially since the current President, out of the two of them, is actually trying to and often does govern as a conservative.

If he was indeed governing as a Conservative, I would be FOR him. I am not. Should tell you plenty. You keep insisting he is Conservative, when he is not. Perhaps more understanding as to what Conservatism actually is might be helpful.

His alignment is with NYC liberal Democrats and the left wing of the Republican party... He is in up to his lips with Turtle and the globalist moderates. Any feigning of Conservatism is highly suspect right from the get go. And rightly so, as it turns out.

But I'm sensing this is a very sensitive subject for you.  So, I'll say no more and just wish you good night.

Missed this till now... Sorry... Consider the best wishes returned.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2020, 06:29:33 pm »
Pure bullsh*t.

Once again RIV is showing she knows absolute nothing about Conservatism or Reagan.

Easy there...

Compared to anyone else on the political scene, Ronald Reagan was the 'Moses' of Conservatism.

But we all know he was quite happy with getting 75% of what the GOP was after. 

Ergo, he went back on his Conservative Principles many times to reach that 75%.

...which is a foreign concept to a few among us here.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2020, 06:32:30 pm »
Easy there...

Compared to anyone else on the political scene, Ronald Reagan was the 'Moses' of Conservatism.

But we all know he was quite happy with getting 75% of what the GOP was after. 

Ergo, he went back on his Conservative Principles many times to reach that 75%.

...which is a foreign concept to a few among us here.

You’re so cute when you’re wrong.

Bless your heart.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #147 on: August 07, 2020, 06:59:09 pm »
You’re so cute when you’re wrong.

Bless your heart.

From Reagan's 1990 autobiography

“If you got seventy-five or eighty percent of what you were asking for, I say, you take it and fight for the rest later, and that’s what I told these radical conservatives (in CA) who never got used to it.”

Doh! Looks like Reagan agreed with @DCPatriot
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 06:59:56 pm by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2020, 07:12:16 pm »

“If you got seventy-five or eighty percent of what you were asking for, I say, you take it and fight for the rest later, and that’s what I told these radical conservatives (in CA) who never got used to it.”

If there was anywhere near 75% performance *FOR* Conservatism, you would not be  getting guff from me.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2020, 07:33:27 pm »

Actually not really.  But thanks for playing.