Author Topic: Power Forward: While Everyone Else Around Him Kneels, the NBA's Jonathan Isaac Stands  (Read 585 times)

Offline bilo

Reporter to Isaac: “So you didn’t kneel during the anthem, but you also didn’t wear a Black Lives Matter shirt? Uh, do you believe that black lives matter?”

Isaac, who is black, handled the ridiculously biased question gracefully.

“Absolutely. I believe that black lives matter. A lot went into my decision,” Isaac responded. “And part of is, my first thought, is that kneeling while wearing a Black Lives Matter t-shirt don’t go hand in hand with supporting black lives.”...

“My life has been supported through the Gospel, Jesus Christ” Isaac said, “and that everyone is made in the image of God and that we all fall short of God’s glory and that each and every one of us, each and every day do things that we shouldn’t do. And say things that we shouldn’t say. We hate and dislike people that we shouldn’t hate and dislike. Sometimes it gets to a point where we point fingers about whose evil is worse. And sometimes it comes out as whose evil is most visible. So I felt like I just wanted to take a stand on, I felt like we all make mistakes but the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that there’s grace for us. That Jesus came and died for our sins and that if we all would come to an understanding of that and understand that God wants to have a relationship with us, that we can get past skin color, we can get past all the things in our world that are messed up, jacked up. I think we need to look around. Racism isn’t the only thing that plagues our society, that plagues our nation, that plagues our world.”

https://pjmedia.com/culture/bryan-preston/2020/08/01/power-forward-while-everyone-else-around-him-kneels-the-nbas-jonathan-isaac-stands-n739161
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

I can't believe a 22 year old had this level of maturity and courage. God Bless him!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So...of scant importance...how did he do in the game? Ya know, what's he's paid for?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Profile in Courage

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

I can't believe a 22 year old had this level of maturity and courage. God Bless him!

Those are some guts. One standout in an organization full of pampered self important prima donnas.

Offline bilo

Offline bilo

Those are some guts. One standout in an organization full of pampered self important prima donnas.

This young man should be held up as a role model for everyone. I can only imagine the pressure he is under from the "woke" crowd. Who knows maybe some of the others who kneeled when they knew they shouldn't will stand up (how about you Brees?).