Author Topic: Karen Bass, on Biden VP shortlist, scrambles to explain remarks on Castro, Scientology  (Read 977 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Karen Bass, on Biden VP shortlist, scrambles to explain remarks on Castro, Scientology
Bass responded to video showing her speaking at a Scientology event in 2010.

By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Rep. Karen Bass, D-Caif., a contender for presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden’s running mate, is scrambling to explain past comments praising Fidel Castro and the Church of Scientology.

Bass, who is widely reported to be on Biden’s shortlist, responded Saturday to recently-emerged video that showed her speaking at a Church of Scientology opening in 2010. The organization has been accused of acting like a cult.

“The Church of Scientology I know has made a difference, because your creed is a universal creed and one that speaks to all people everywhere,” Bass said in the video obtained by the Daily Caller.

“The words are exciting of your founder, L. Ron Hubbard, in The Creed of the Church of Scientology: that all people of whatever race, color or creed, are created with equal rights,” she said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/karen-bass-on-biden-vp-shortlist-scrambles-cuba-history-scientology
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She did a well-rehearsed job of covering her butt. If I didn't know better,I might think she had a script of his prepared questions in advance,but we all know the "news" media would never do that,right?

Still,unless I missed it,she never ONCE was critical of communism. Never even critical of Castro.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Jeeessshhhh....

After looking at this Bass-feeder, "Big Stacy" from down Georgia way doesn't look half so bad after all...   (jes' teasin'...)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Karen Bass tries excusing her Castro love, makes it way worse after Wallace asked the right follow up

Far-left U.S. Rep. Karen Bass tried to walk back her past praise of Cuba’s late dictator Fidel Castro now that she is apparently on the shortlist of those under consideration to be Joe Biden’s vice presidential running mate.

In an interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday, the Los Angeles Democrat disavowed a November 2016 statement that Castro’s passing was a “great loss” for the Cuban people.

When Wallace pressed her on what took so long for her to see the light, Bass, 66, implied that Florida lawmakers educated her about what Cuba looked like under the communist regime.

“I absolutely would have not put that statement out, and I can tell you that after talking to my colleagues who represent the state of Florida, raised those concerns with me — lesson learned, would not do that again for sure,” she told Wallace.

Wallace also questioned her being a frequent flyer to Cuba in the 1970s, amounting to eight trips.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/08/02/karen-bass-tries-excusing-her-castro-love-makes-it-way-worse-after-wallace-asked-the-right-follow-up-954900
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

She explained she had been referring to that other Fidel Castro as being such a great guy. The one who lives down the street and around the corner and grows such lovely lupines in his front yard. Fidel Terwilliger Castro.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
It will not be Bass.  That is a ruse.  It will not be Rice either.  One is a communist and the other a chronic liar.  Of course, perhaps Biden is still taking orders from Obama, which would make Rice a possibility.  But I doubt that!

I think it will be Val Demings.  She is from Florida, and Biden needs to win Florida, or he loses for certain.  The other state is Texas, but who is from Texas that is a woman of consequence and of color?  No name comes to minds.

I see the greatest tsunami ever in politics in November.  Unless the Republicans step on their own foot, they will win overwhelmingly.  America does not want this anarchy/communist bullsh*t being pedaled by the Democommies.  No way!!!

Offline mountaineer

Leah Remini Rips Into Top VP Contender Karen Bass Over Praise Of Scientology
August 3, 2020
 By Jonah Gottschalk
Former Church of Scientology member and now-activist Leah Remini issued a harsh rebuke of Rep. Karen Bass (D-CA) after the congresswoman was discovered to have praised the atheist, alien-loving cult, known for cutting members off from their families and forcing them to undergo abortions.

Her rebuke was prompted by a weak statement from Bass defending her comments, and claiming the church’s action’s hadn’t been “exposed” at the time of her praise in 2010. In fact, the organization’s problems had been well-documented before 2010.

“I found an area of agreement in their beliefs — where all people, of whatever race, color, or creed are created with equal rights, which is what my remarks were about,” she wrote on Twitter, concluding, “My views have not changed.”   ...
More at The Federalist

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

It will not be Bass.  That is a ruse.  It will not be Rice either.  One is a communist and the other a chronic liar.  Of course, perhaps Biden is still taking orders from Obama, which would make Rice a possibility.  But I doubt that!

I think it will be Val Demings.  She is from Florida, and Biden needs to win Florida, or he loses for certain.  The other state is Texas, but who is from Texas that is a woman of consequence and of color?  No name comes to minds.

I see the greatest tsunami ever in politics in November.  Unless the Republicans step on their own foot, they will win overwhelmingly.  America does not want this anarchy/communist bullsh*t being pedaled by the Democommies.  No way!!!
I think you are wrong.  There is PLENTY of hate for Trump.  It may be a squeaker, but I am preparing for Trump's loss.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@jafo2010

IF Biden is picking anything,it is his nose. He is nothing but a empty vessel "figurehead". His name is used as a place-holder,nothing more.

IF he wins,the instant he wins he will resign for "health reasons",and the DNC will pick his replacement and the VP with no input from the voters.

If Biden "wins",this will be the last public election in what will no longer be called "America".

It really is THAT simple.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

Jeffrey Augustine  @JeffreAugustine
Karen Bass palled around with #Scientology boss David Miscavige & disgraced former LA Sheriff Lee Baca
Miscavige engages in horrific human rights abuses
Baca want to prison for obstructing a DoJ probe into Sheriff deputies violence against Black & Hispanic inmates in LA jails
8:54 PM · Aug 1, 2020·