Author Topic: 'I will go to jail before I close my church': Pastors prepare for renewed battle over church closure  (Read 405 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'I will go to jail before I close my church': Pastors prepare for renewed battle over church closures
by Nicholas Rowan, Staff Writer
 | August 02, 2020 06:30 AM

When California Gov. Gavin Newsom in July announced revamped restrictions on worship, churches statewide resisted, drawing the attention of pastors nationwide as they prepare for a renewed struggle over church closures.

Newsom’s restrictions require all churches to suspend singing during services and most to hold their churches outside. Citing already burdensome restrictions placed on them in the spring, many church leaders refused to comply, most notably John MacArthur, a celebrity pastor who declared in a Sunday sermon that “Christ, not Caesar, is head of the church.”

MacArthur’s sermon won widespread approval from many evangelicals. Greg Locke, a Tennessee pastor with a large social media following, in a video this week cited MacArthur to make clear to his congregation that he has no plans to close again if shutdowns return to the state.

“Churches should be open,” he said. “There should be no excuses. I will go to jail before I close my church.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/i-will-go-to-jail-before-i-close-my-church-pastors-prepare-for-renewed-battle-over-church-closures
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As the article notes, these same Dem govs are ignoring protests in the streets, even in places like NJ where the virus has subsided.

Whether church or something else, that hypocrisy should not be allowed to pass.
The Republic is lost.