Author Topic: Michael Shellenberger: I Was Invited to Testify to Congress on Energy Policy. Then Democrats Didn  (Read 331 times)

rangerrebew

Michael Shellenberger: I Was Invited to Testify to Congress on Energy Policy. Then Democrats Didn’t Let Me Speak – ‘I had the startling experience of being smeared by sitting members’ of House

Shellenberger: "Late in the hearing, Representatives Sean Casten of Illinois and Jared Huffman of California, both Democrats, used the whole of their allotted time to claim that I am not a real environmentalist, that I am not a qualified expert, and that I am motivated by money.

Had I been given a chance to respond, I would have noted that: I have been a climate activist for 20 years; my new book, Apocalypse Never, has received strong praise from leading environmental scientists and scholars; the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change recently invited me to serve as an expert reviewer; and that I have always been financially independent of industry interests.

But I wasn’t given the chance to say any of that. After Casten and Huffman lied about me, Rep. Garret Graves asked the committee’s chairperson, Rep. Kathy Castor of Florida, to let me respond. She refused and abruptly ended the hearing."

https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/07/29/michael-shellenberger-i-was-invited-to-testify-to-congress-on-energy-policy-then-democrats-didnt-let-me-speak-i-had-the-startling-experience-of-being-smeared-by-sitting-members-of-hou/