Author Topic: “It Is Doubtful if the Negro Loved Him”  (Read 167 times)

rangerrebew

“It Is Doubtful if the Negro Loved Him”
« on: August 01, 2020, 02:28:54 pm »
“It Is Doubtful if the Negro Loved Him”

David Cole

July 21, 2020

A reader of mine was displeased with a recent piece in which I laid much of the responsibility for the current BLM racial madness at the feet of leftist Jews in academia, politics, and the media. According to the complainant, I was failing to allow black Americans their “agency.”

“They’re not molded by Jews,” lectured the heckler.

Now, generally speaking, I reject all “extreme” worldviews, including the “hidden hand” interpretation of world events. I’m not a conspiracy guy, and the “invisible puppet-masters” Weltanschauung ain’t mine. That said, there’s an equal and opposite extreme to the “controlled conspiracy” school of thought, and that’s the correspondingly absurd belief that all human events occur organically, with no direction or influence from people in positions to direct or influence.

According to this viewpoint, on Aug. 2, 1990, upon hearing news of the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, all Americans of their own accord dropped what they were doing and said, “By God, this is the most important event of my lifetime. We must immediately mobilize our armed forces to liberate Kuwait and stop Saddam Hussein.”

https://www.takimag.com/article/it-is-doubtful-if-the-negro-loved-him/