Author Topic: Teachers’ unions are upping their demands before they’ll agree to teach  (Read 451 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 31, 2020
Teachers’ unions are upping their demands before they’ll agree to teach
By Andrea Widburg

Teachers’ unions, which invariably hew hard left, have seen the Wuhan virus as an opportunity. They’ve insisted that, before their members return to school, communities need to make some promises, such as shutting down the competition (i.e., charter schools), giving illegal aliens full medical benefits, testing everyone in the entire community around the school for free, and so on.

Now, though, they’re going one better: The unions are insisting that teachers shouldn’t be required to teach either in the classroom or, if at all possible, online although they should still get paid. I am exaggerating only slightly.

First, let me state my bias: My dad, a Democrat, was a public school teacher from the 1960s through the 1980s. He routinely came home from union meetings apoplectically angry because the union wanted to dumb down the curriculum. (Teaching in Ebonics was already bruited about then.)

I was an urban public school student in the 1960s and 1970s, which meant I saw incompetent teachers get lifetime sinecures thanks to the unions. I was also the parent of public school students for most of the last two decades . . . and nothing had changed.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/07/teachers_unions_are_upping_their_demands_before_theyll_agree_to_teach.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

It's anybody's guess what all comes of it, but a lot of the American people are getting a very up close and personal view of what their kids are being taught, what it takes to teach them, and of teacher union intransigence in which children are the union's human shields. Parents' relationships with their kids' PSs will never be the same, and the estimates of the number of families who will continue to homeschool vary wildly. I've seen the word "millions" tossed out, but my WAG is 50K-150K families will find the means to switch. I've not seen any guesses on the websites for CA's statewide homeschooling organizations, HSLDA.org, or NHERI.org.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Everyone knows the way to stop this is with a counter-offer of unemployment with no benefits.

The only problem is nobody in a position to do that has the stones to do it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!