Author Topic: Louisville Businesses Threatened: Cave To ‘Demands’ For Racial Reparations Or Get Bad Online Reviews  (Read 1483 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Louisville Businesses Threatened: Cave To ‘Demands’ For Racial Reparations Or Get Bad Online Reviews
By  Ryan Saavedra
•
Jul 31, 2020   DailyWire.com

Businesses and non-profits in the East Market District of downtown Louisville, also referred to as NuLu (New Louisville), have received letters from left-wing activists demanding that they give in to a list of racial reparations or face having their businesses get negative reviews online.

The activists “sent out a three-page contract to NuLu businesses following Friday’s protest where LMPD says 76 protesters were arrested and charged with obstructing a highway and disorderly conduct,” WAVE 3 News reported. “Some also picked up assault charges, accused of throwing bottles at police officers.”

WDRB News reported that the “demands came with a deadline of Aug. 17, or else protesters would respond by launching negative reviews and social media posts about the businesses.”

Local residents that reached out to The Daily Wire were stunned that the story was not receiving more attention in the local media and did not want to be identified because they feared “mob retaliation.” One person said that they felt that this was “criminal extortion.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/louisville-businesses-threatened-cave-to-demands-for-racial-reparations-or-get-bad-online-reviews/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Sounds like attempted extortion to me.  Where is law enforcement?  If the local police can't or won't do anything, call the FBI.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one here that is old enough to remember when extortion was a felony,and people were actually arrested and prosecuted for even conspiring to do it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Slide Rule

Our history includes a long chapter on vigilantes.

It will be revived shortly with speedy results.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline EdinVA

I remember the outrage when other countries, during difficult times, would simply shut down the internet... it should be clear now why....

Offline Applewood

Am I the only one here that is old enough to remember when extortion was a felony,and people were actually arrested and prosecuted for even conspiring to do it?

@sneakypete

Back in the day the perpetrators were white and many were of Italian descent.  Now if you're of a minority ethnicity, law enforcement turns a blind eye because...well...pursuing an action for extortion would be racist.  Or something.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Back in the day the perpetrators were white and many were of Italian descent.  Now if you're of a minority ethnicity, law enforcement turns a blind eye because...well...pursuing an action for extortion would be racist.  Or something.

@Applewood

The "Or something" was a local pol like a mayor maybe losing his next election if he prosecuted black criminals.

Which pretty much highlights WHY he should be removed from office.

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

The "Or something" was a local pol like a mayor maybe losing his next election if he prosecuted black criminals.

Which pretty much highlights WHY he should be removed from office.

@sneakypete

The politicians are in bed with the terrorists.  Even if there was some local DA willing to prosecute, he would be stopped by higher-ups in the county or the mayor of the county seat. 

Now if Bill Barr was going to go after these terrorists as he said he would, this extortion racket these terrorists are running would be investigated and the perpetrators would be prosecuted.  Federal charges would put these terrorists out of business.  But I don't see Barr doing jack.  Too much work I guess or maybe he's scared too.

This karp should have been dealt with back when Al and Jesse were shaking down businesses.  Now these terrorists figure they can threaten anyone and get away with it.  And so far, it looks like they are correct.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 03:26:20 pm by Applewood »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

This karp should have been dealt with back when Al and Jesse were shaking down businesses.

@Applewood

It was.They were encouraged because they gave kickbacks.

Which is why we are where we are today.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Time to pack up and move the business outta town.
A LONG WAY outta town.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Our history includes a long chapter on vigilantes.

It will be revived shortly with speedy results.
Bring throwdowns...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Time to pack up and move the business outta town.
A LONG WAY outta town.
Dunno. People have to take a stand somewhere.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

I don't know if it was posted here at TBR, but California voted the other day to suspend parts of their constitution that made it illegal to discriminate, watch the hiring of all minorities hit a new high. Promotion of minorities will jump other qualified.

I think there is one more vote and this is going to be reality in California and coming to the rest of "woke" America.

https://fee.org/articles/california-legislature-votes-to-strike-the-state-shall-not-discriminate-from-constitution-opening-the-door-to-legalized-discrimination/
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't know if it was posted here at TBR, but California voted the other day to suspend parts of their constitution that made it illegal to discriminate, watch the hiring of all minorities hit a new high. Promotion of minorities will jump other qualified.

I think there is one more vote and this is going to be reality in California and coming to the rest of "woke" America.

https://fee.org/articles/california-legislature-votes-to-strike-the-state-shall-not-discriminate-from-constitution-opening-the-door-to-legalized-discrimination/
Aside from signs that say "Whites need not apply", what more is there?
I don't mind if I'm beat out of a position by someone more qualified, but on the basis of color? (That's Racism!)
Already happening to set the equal opportunity balance in some places.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

When actually, according to the actual facts, 'Get Woke Go Broke'.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Aside from signs that say "Whites need not apply", what more is there?
I don't mind if I'm beat out of a position by someone more qualified, but on the basis of color? (That's Racism!)
Already happening to set the equal opportunity balance in some places.

@Smokin Joe

Been happening for decades.

I worked as a file clerk in the USAF personnel records storage facility in Denver while going to gunsmith school. 1 year temporary job. The job would bore a statue.

Anyhow,there was a black woman working there with the IQ of a gnat that threatened to file a discrimination law suit and have her local Black Klan group protest for the teebbe cameras unless she was promoted to a supervisory position.

So they did. Even gave her her own office and an assistant. Created a position that had never existed before,specifically for her.

With no duties and no one under her because she was literally so stupid she almost qualified as live stock. She .sat there all day talking on the telephone to her friends or wandering around to talk with them. Had no responsibilities whatsoever

Even the other blacks were making fun of her behind her back. Not that she would have noticed if they had done it in front of her.

And this was in the early 1980's,so this is nothing new.