Author Topic: Trump Recovers Taxpayer Cash On A $1 Billion Obama-Backed Solar Plant That Was Obsolete Before Ever  (Read 910 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Chris White
Tech Reporter
July 30, 2020 5:13 PM ET

The Department of Energy reached a settlement Thursday to recover $200 million in taxpayer funds from a loan the Obama administration distributed in 2011 to finance a $1 billion solar power plant that was deemed obsolete before it could officially go online.

The settlement between DOE and Tonopah Solar Energy must now be approved by a bankruptcy court, the Las Vegas Review Journal reported.

The DOE provided a $737 million loan to Tonopah in September 2011 for the purposes of financing the $1.1 billion Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project in Nevada. The agency disbursed funds for the plant in 2011 and 2013 before the project experienced problems requiring improvements, rendering the Crescent Dunes obsolete by 2015, Bloomberg reported in January.

Thursday’s settlement will allow the DOE to recoup a portion of the $424 million Tonopah owes. The plant experienced an outage in 2016, forcing a shutdown lasting from October 2016 to July 2017, the Wall Street Journal Editorial Board reported in January. Another outage occurred in April 2019 and is ongoing.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/30/trump-obama-tonopah-crescent-dunes-solar-energy-solyndra/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Positive news for a change.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
$200 Million recouped from a $737 Million loan.  New slogan for the O'Bastard era:  "Pennies on the Dollar."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Anybody recall that other great wealth redistribution scheme of Barrys...................Solyndra?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

We need some journalistic work on undercovering who owned shares of Tonopah and when so it will come to light who profited from this distribution scheme.

Without facts to support me and just a hunch, I bet 100% of the ownership was in the hands of Obama supporters, at least at the time the fed cash was received.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Positive news for a change.

There's actually quite a lot of good news.  The only change is this was reported.   Save the link because it won't be picked up by the lamestream media.   happy77

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
$200 Million recouped from a $737 Million loan.  New slogan for the O'Bastard era:  "Pennies on the Dollar."

Something is better than nothing!  I' surprised that they recovered that much.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We need some journalistic work on undercovering who owned shares of Tonopah and when so it will come to light who profited from this distribution scheme.

Without facts to support me and just a hunch, I bet 100% of the ownership was in the hands of Obama supporters, at least at the time the fed cash was received.

You dream sir!  (I borrowed that line)  NEVER going to happen!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

You dream sir!  (I borrowed that line)  NEVER going to happen!
It still does not replace the need.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington