Author Topic: Politico Editor Fantasizes About Trump Quitting the Race  (Read 2986 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Politico Editor Fantasizes About Trump Quitting the Race
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2020, 05:21:30 pm »
To cover your edit @sneakypete :

So the world of today, or the world of your youth - Make up your mind.

@roamer_1

The "world of today" IS the world of my youth,as opposed to the world of the mountain man.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2020, 05:26:20 pm »

@roamer_1

The "world of today" IS the world of my youth,as opposed to the world of the mountain man.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2020, 05:31:40 pm »
It is not in Trump's character to quit or to give up.  The only way I see him quitting the race is if he were to become very ill.  I wish I had his energy; he has more energy than people half his age.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2020, 06:37:26 pm »
@sneakypete
Alright... Simply reading @Absalom over these past months identifies him as a Classic Conservative... Having direct referential access to the likes of Kirk and Burke... Offering quotes from the ancients all the way up, and defending same.
I don't always agree with Absalom, but our disagreements are academic - He prefers Conservatism through its ancient root, wherein I find solace in a more 'modern' rendition through our historic adherence to Britain and its historic rise colored by Celto-Saxon Common Law...
But he is in no wise in error, and it is merely a differing of opinion. To deny his claim is a direct assault on Conservatism itself.
It is FAR too easy to discount opinion here based upon fealty to the orange horde. And it is bullshit.
------------------------
Thank you for your most gracious comments as your insights are intuitive.
Let me share some of my background w/you as it supports your comment.
My heritage is Irish, of family from its West (Galway, Mayo & Sligo ) who
emigrated here more than a century ago.
I was schooled there and later had the good fortune to lecture in Classics at
Trinity (in Dublin) for a period, which is where my attitudes, ideas and values were formed.
As I age, it is clearer than ever to me, from my background and experience, that
Principled Conservatism has absolutely nothing in common w/politics, the
pre-occupation of our 'self labeled' leaders.
Again my thanks.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2020, 06:59:21 pm »
Again my thanks.

For nothing, friend  :beer:

It was the point of order that roused my ire. I know you are perfectly capable in defending yourself.   :seeya:

Even if we were not largely in agreement, I still would have had to rise.