Author Topic: Contested Flynn dismissal to go before full appeals court as legal saga drags on  (Read 768 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Contested Flynn dismissal to go before full appeals court as legal saga drags on

By Tyler Olson, Bill Mears | Fox News

The dispute over the Department of Justice's move to dismiss criminal charges against former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn will get a rehearing by the entire District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals, the latest twist in the long-running legal drama that stemmed from the FBI's investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia in 2016.

The order was issued Thursday by the court. Called an "en banc" hearing, all 11 judges on the appeals court will sit in on a rehash of arguments that were made before a three-judge panel in June, which led to a 2-1 ruling in favor of Flynn. The former Trump aide had requested the appeals court to order the judge in the case to approve of a Department of Justice (DOJ) motion to dismiss charges against him.

D.C. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan, however, did not immediately grant the unusual request motion by the DOJ to drop the charges of lying to investigators after Flynn pleaded guilty. Flynn had sought to withdraw the guilty plea. Sullivan made his own unusual move of his own to appoint an "amicus curie" -- Latin for "friend of the court" -- to argue against the position taken by Flynn and the DOJ.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flynn-to-go-before-full-appeals-court-as-legal-saga-drags-on
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The DC circuit as making a mockery of the law and they should be held to account for doing so! 

Since when do presiding judges become a party in any case?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The DC circuit as making a mockery of the law and they should be held to account for doing so! 

Since when do presiding judges become a party in any case?

Sullivan certainly is a party to the case, he even lawyered up for it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sullivan certainly is a party to the case, he even lawyered up for it.

Yep!  Which makes him less that the impartial arbitor he is supposed to be.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien