Author Topic: China fears: Scientists warn volcano extinct for 500,000 years 'appears to be recharging'  (Read 1441 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

China fears: Scientists warn volcano extinct for 500,000 years 'appears to be recharging'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1314317/china-weishan-volcano-recharging-magma-chamber-wudalianchi-eruption-fears-spt

The last eruption at the site was in 1776, but a study led by Ji Gao – published in the journal Geology last month – says there may be activity taking place under Weishan.

The team created a 3D map showing the structure beneath, apparently identifying two magma pockets.

Previously, scientists had identified a shallow magma chamber beneath the volcano.

In the latest study, the team found this shallow chamber in the upper crust, along with another deeper down, in the middle crust.

Researchers say the findings are consistent with models suggesting the magma in the middle crust may be serving as a source to "recharge the magma chamber in the upper crust."

This is in the far NE of China, about 100 miles SW of the border with Russia and about 200 miles north of the Chinese city of Harbin and a bit over 300 miles north of Changchun (i.e. significant industrial cities). But if this volcano goes Mt. St. Helens the effects will not be localized to NE China.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

If a volcano is extinct, it is impossible to recharge.

In either case, someone is lying.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

Nah, "extinct" probably should almost never be used, simply because it's a claim to knowledge we humans usually don't, and really almost can't, have. Admitting to limited knowledge doesn't come easily to many scientists, it threatens their pride.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline libertybele

China fears: Scientists warn volcano extinct for 500,000 years 'appears to be recharging'

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1314317/china-weishan-volcano-recharging-magma-chamber-wudalianchi-eruption-fears-spt

This is in the far NE of China, about 100 miles SW of the border with Russia and about 200 miles north of the Chinese city of Harbin and a bit over 300 miles north of Changchun (i.e. significant industrial cities). But if this volcano goes Mt. St. Helens the effects will not be localized to NE China.

Well...first the virus, then the flood, earthquakes, and now potentially a volcano ....  888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

"China fears: Scientists warn volcano extinct for 500,000 years"

And...

"The last eruption at the site was in 1776"

I didn't realize 1776 was 500,000 years ago... That was fast...

Who writes this stupid shit?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If a volcano is extinct, it is impossible to recharge.

In either case, someone is lying.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Maybe "Chinese engineering" brought it back to life by mistake? There ain't NOTHING they can't screw up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nah, "extinct" probably should almost never be used, simply because it's a claim to knowledge we humans usually don't, and really almost can't, have. Admitting to limited knowledge doesn't come easily to many scientists, it threatens their pride.
I agree, the 'scientist' who said it was extinct did not know enough to make that declaration, so maybe he wasn't lying but woefully ignorant.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

@IsailedawayfromFR

Maybe "Chinese engineering" brought it back to life by mistake? There ain't NOTHING they can't screw up.

Indeed; sort of like our DEMS in Congress!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

And...

Yeah, I noticed that too....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

And...

I think the confusion is due to sloppy tabloid-grade writing. The article is about the Weishan volcano, which is part of a 193 square mile "volcano field". IOW, Weishan hadn't erupted in 500K years (they have an eyewitness?) but another volcano in the field had erupted in 1776. Later in the article it references another volcano, Paektu Mountain, which is a couple hundred miles to the south, on the border with North Korea. It's a badly written, rather confusing article.

Offline DB

I think the confusion is due to sloppy tabloid-grade writing. The article is about the Weishan volcano, which is part of a 193 square mile "volcano field". IOW, Weishan hadn't erupted in 500K years (they have an eyewitness?) but another volcano in the field had erupted in 1776. Later in the article it references another volcano, Paektu Mountain, which is a couple hundred miles to the south, on the border with North Korea. It's a badly written, rather confusing article.

Thank you for the clarification.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What I wanna know, is it a "Kilauea,"  "Mt. St. Helens" or a "Yellowstone" type of volcano?  I'm not inclined to care if it's one of the first two....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
express site is often click bait.  For what ever that is worth. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

express site is often click bait.  For what ever that is worth.

I believe it's a Brit tabloid, which are a little better than the now defunct Weekly Word News (home of "Bat Boy"). As a site, Express is annoyingly slowed by auto-play video and other @#$%.