Author Topic: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY  (Read 22608 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2020, 01:28:46 pm »
Yes, absentee ballots and mail-out ballots are different. Absentee ballots are applied for by the voter and eligibility, mailing address are vetted and recordkeeping is setup. Mail-out ballots are sent to all voters without a request so eligibility, mailing address are not vetted and recordkeeping is not setup. No one knows or tracks what happens to undeliverable ballots (dead people, moved people, stolen ballots).  How will someone know for sure they were supposed to receive a ballot and did not??  How many people will complete a mail-out ballot AND vote in person?  How would a precinct know?
Many states do not have systems in place for collection and counting. --- What happens to rejected mail-out votes?   What is the criteria for rejection?  Deadlines for receipt of completed ballots and including ballots in totals will be pushed until the democrats know how many votes they need to win the state.  It's ballot harvesting to the higher power.

@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@Applewood

A voter has to send in an application for a mail ballot.  I just looked at California's law about mail ballots, and each voter must request a mail ballot to get one mailed to them.

California "AB-363 » Election Code - "Existing law provides procedures for a registered voter to apply for a vote by mail ballot..."  Texas is the same, voter must apply for mail ballot. 

For states to use mail ballots and also have polling places:
States are not mailing ballots haphazardly.  A ballot has a number.  When the ballot is sent to a voter who requested a mail ballot, that number is notated by the voter's name on the master voter list.  Beginning with early voting, each county polling place has a copy of the master voting list for that polling place.  A clerk registering the voter will see by that name, the voter has already voted by mail, so the voter is rejected.

There is a By-Mail Board with a name, such as "Early Voting Ballot Board".  Each mail ballot is checked this board to determine if it is a valid mail ballot.  Rejected ballots are placed in a box and locked.  This box is locked up with the rest of ballots,everything related to this election, and kept for several years before they can be destroyed.

The Judge of this Board must send a letter to every voter whose mail ballot was rejected, informing the voter why the ballot was rejected.

A state that uses only mail ballots, the system works the same way with the ballots being checked for validity just as they are with states that use mail ballots and personal voting.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 01:32:26 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2020, 02:15:24 pm »
@Victoria33

Actually, in California the governor ordered mail-in ballots be sent to all registered voters.  Doesn't appear that the voters need to apply for them.  Sadly, in California, I believe a "registered voter" means anyone and everyone, including illegals and felons. 

This is the Fox News article about California's mail-in ballots for all scheme:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-order-mail-in-ballot

Offline aligncare

« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2020, 02:18:27 pm »
Yes, absentee ballots and mail-out ballots are different.

Absentee ballots are applied for by the voter and eligibility, mailing address are vetted and recordkeeping is setup.

Mail-out ballots are sent to all voters without a request so eligibility, mailing address are not vetted and recordkeeping is not setup. No one knows or tracks what happens to undeliverable ballots (dead people, moved people, stolen ballots).  How will someone know for sure they were supposed to receive a ballot and did not??  How many people will complete a mail-out ballot AND vote in person?  How would a precinct know?

Many states do not have systems in place for collection and counting. --- What happens to rejected mail-out votes?   What is the criteria for rejection?

Deadlines for receipt of completed ballots and including ballots in totals will be pushed until the democrats know how many votes they need to win the state.  It's ballot harvesting to the higher power.

Quoted for well covering the bases.

Changing the voting system in the run up to an election, without significant study, time, and public consideration and comment, is a recipe for disaster, no matter the election’s outcome. There will be unacceptable uncertainties and delays, and chaos and violence will ensue.

That’s no way to run an election when you consider the current system is time-tested and least susceptible to fraud—especially if you attach photo identity to voting like the rest of the world does.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #153 on: August 01, 2020, 02:26:13 pm »
Quoted for well covering the bases.

Changing the voting system in the run up to an election, without significant study, time, and public consideration and comment, is a recipe for disaster, no matter the election’s outcome. There will be unacceptable uncertainties and delays, and chaos and violence will ensue.

That’s no way to run an election when you consider the current system is time-tested and least susceptible to fraud—especially if you attach photo identity to voting like the rest of the world does.

We'll know we have officially reached Turd World status when we start dipping fingers into purple dye.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #154 on: August 01, 2020, 02:34:27 pm »
@bigheadfred

For the record, I knew some people who died in the towers, and I knew many more who spent years in therapy, haunted by nightmares of running out of collapsing buildings, going down stairwells, getting outside and breathing fetid air, full of smoke and ash. Marriages eventually crumbled because of nigh terrors and guilt.

I know people who, by some weird twist of fate, Missed their bus or train that day and by being late, missed being there by minutes. People who had doctors appointments uptown. Etc. I was one of them. My appointment was two blocks away from the Towers, but a week before it was changed to the 18.

When I finally went into the city about a fortnight later, it was surreal. Missing people posters all over like lost dog posters. People who normally rushed weren’t. People were being kind to strangers, and several strangers hugged me. I regret it took 3,000 deaths to bring us all together.

No, I wept when the second tower fell. I was in shock when the first tower fell. When the plane fell into the Pentagon, I was standing up by my computer and collapsed. And when the plane went down in Pennsylvania I called my parents and told them if we all die today, I wanted them to know how much I love and appreciate all they’ve done for me. And if they survive, please take care of my cat.

@Gefn

As horrible as it all was,and it WAS pretty damn horrible,I would say you,and no doubt others,gained some profound insights into life,living,and what is important in life that day.

The Ying and Yang of life.

Do yourself a favor and save your humanity by never forgetting the impact it had on you,while doing your best to put the actual events behind you.

You have both my sympathy and my gratitude for that post. We all need these occasional reminders that the world is "about more than us as individuals."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #155 on: August 01, 2020, 02:47:44 pm »
@Victoria33

Actually, in California the governor ordered mail-in ballots be sent to all registered voters.  Doesn't appear that the voters need to apply for them.  Sadly, in California, I believe a "registered voter" means anyone and everyone, including illegals and felons.  This is the Fox News article about California's mail-in ballots for all scheme:
@Applewood

Thanks for posting that.  Here is the critical part:

"California Republicans have pointed to problems in the state with voter rolls and a 'motor voter' program to register new voters that led to hundreds of thousands of discrepancies -- although the errors reviewed did not allow anyone to vote who shouldn’t have been allowed to."

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2020, 04:00:08 pm »
@Gefn

As horrible as it all was,and it WAS pretty damn horrible,I would say you,and no doubt others,gained some profound insights into life,living,and what is important in life that day.

The Ying and Yang of life.

Do yourself a favor and save your humanity by never forgetting the impact it had on you,while doing your best to put the actual events behind you.

You have both my sympathy and my gratitude for that post. We all need these occasional reminders that the world is "about more than us as individuals."

Bless you @sneakypete

I may not always agree with some opinions here but I’ll fight for everyone’s right to say them. And I’ll always try to learn something new. The day I stop learning is the day I’ll get planted six feet under.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2020, 09:11:15 pm »
@Victoria33

Actually, in California the governor ordered mail-in ballots be sent to all registered voters.  Doesn't appear that the voters need to apply for them.  Sadly, in California, I believe a "registered voter" means anyone and everyone, including illegals and felons. 

This is the Fox News article about California's mail-in ballots for all scheme:

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday signed an executive order that will send every registered voter in the state a mail-in ballot for November’s presidential election -- immediately raising concerns from Republicans that it could lead to fraud and abuse.
>snip<
Newsom emphasized that Californians will continue to have access to in-person voting sites.

Add in "Motor Voter" registrations...

The potential for fraud in enormous, as is the potential for enormous fraud.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2020, 09:33:08 pm »
Add in "Motor Voter" registrations...
The potential for fraud in enormous, as is the potential for enormous fraud.
@Smokin Joe

One can fill out an voter application at a "Motor Voter" place but that is only the application.  The application is sent to the Secretary of State's Office, Election Division, and it is checked to assure the person is an American citizen, records are checked like present address, birth place, birth date, police records, death records, passport information.  If the name is determined to be qualified to be a voter, the info. is sent to the County Clerk of that county with approval to include this voter on their voter list.

Offline DB

« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2020, 09:37:12 pm »
@Smokin Joe

One can fill out an voter application at a "Motor Voter" place but that is only the application.  The application is sent to the Secretary of State's Office, Election Division, and it is checked to assure the person is an American citizen, records are checked like present address, birth place, birth date, police records, death records, passport information.  If the name is determined to be qualified to be a voter, the info. is sent to the County Clerk of that county with approval to include this voter on their voter list.

That is highly debatable in places like California. There are numerous cities where these offices are that care little about citizenship or the law.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2020, 09:40:37 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Crooked politicians control every step of that process, all Dems in Cali.  Do you foresee any Opportunity for Error there, at all?  It's not hard to imagine willing bureaucrats in any stage of that process.  I predict "record-breaking" turnout in SoCal as the ballot harvesting kicks into production mode.  We've only seen "proof of concept" tests so far.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2020, 09:44:18 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Victoria. I have the greatest respect for you. I applaud your information.

I don't mean this as a slight or insult.

Election manipulation occurs. The table has been set for massive election fraud.

There is the law. And there is reality.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2020, 10:39:21 pm »
@txradioguy

I don't know how long it has been since you talked to that soldier.  Here is the way it works now; in fact I helped Florida in 2000 about military ballots with that crazy Presidential election that year.  An Election Judge in Florida was going to throw out military ballots so I talked to the Florida State Republican Party Chairman and the personal lawyer of the Florida Secretary of State, and the military ballots got counted.

Overseas now, there is an officer in each area where soldiers are, who has the task of getting ballots for the soldiers and sending them back to the US.  There are rules for where the officer in charge send these ballots, but I won't bother writing those.  Military ballots look different than our ballots so the Judge of the Early Ballot Board knows these are military ballots.  They are to be counted even if they come in a few days later than election day - that number of days is set so if they come in later than that set number of days, they are not counted.

@Victoria33

I’m quite aware of the VAO...voting assistance officer.   What you described is not their job. As the PAO I work closely with them especially in election years.  They definitely do NOT have the task of getting the ballots for the soldiers and send them back to the states.

The soldier I mentioned was me. Everything was sent within the prescribed number of days. Everything was filled out correctly. 

And as I said all during the Obama years there was a coordinated effort to suppress the absentee ballots of soldiers serving overseas. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2020, 01:31:34 am »
@Victoria33
I’m quite aware of the VAO...voting assistance officer.   What you described is not their job. As the PAO I work closely with them especially in election years.  They definitely do NOT have the task of getting the ballots for the soldiers and send them back to the states.   The soldier I mentioned was me. Everything was sent within the prescribed number of days. Everything was filled out correctly.  And as I said all during the Obama years there was a coordinated effort to suppress the absentee ballots of soldiers serving overseas.
@txradioguy

In 2000, during the Florida mess with military ballots, I spoke with a VAO and it is he who told me how it works - he was the VAO for his group and what I described was what he had to do.  Could the year you did it have a different method than it worked in 2000?

The Florida Secretary of State, was a woman named "Harris."  Can't think of her first name right now.  We spoke while the military ballot problem was going on, and became friends during that.  I sent her a Bush Campaign badge - it was in the shape of a Texas sheriff's badge with his name on it, and she told me she wore it.  Now, I'll have to look up her first name.  It is KATHERINE HARRIS.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:35:03 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2020, 01:45:23 am »
@txradioguy

In 2000, during the Florida mess with military ballots, I spoke with a VAO and it is he who told me how it works - he was the VAO for his group and what I described was what he had to do.  Could the year you did it have a different method than it worked in 2000?

The Florida Secretary of State, was a woman named "Harris."  Can't think of her first name right now.  We spoke while the military ballot problem was going on, and became friends during that.  I sent her a Bush Campaign badge - it was in the shape of a Texas sheriff's badge with his name on it, and she told me she wore it.  Now, I'll have to look up her first name.  It is KATHERINE HARRIS.

I met her once, back in 2001.  Nice lady.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2020, 01:51:52 am »
@txradioguy

Not likely. I’ve worked with VAO’s as part of my job since then both stateside and overseas.  It could be the one you talked to was just overzealous in his job.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2020, 01:55:14 am »
Not likely. I’ve worked with VAO’s as part of my job since then both stateside and overseas.  It could be the one you talked to was just overzealous in his job.

It was a hectic time.  Might have had to work outside of his normal assignment? :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2020, 06:14:51 pm »
It was a hectic time.  Might have had to work outside of his normal assignment? :shrug:

It’s always an additional duty position.  Usually given to a senior 1st lieutenant or a junior captain. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2020, 10:54:09 pm »
Victoria. I have the greatest respect for you. I applaud your information.
I don't mean this as a slight or insult.  Election manipulation occurs. The table has been set for massive election fraud.  There is the law. And there is reality.
@bigheadfred
@mystery-ak
@Gefn
@Applewood
@Cyber Liberty
@DB
@rangerrebew
@roamer_1

Fred, my friend, and you are my friend, you do not know what happens to a ballot before it is counted.  Just because a ballot is in Central Counting, does not mean it is counted.  Below are methods counties use to hold fair elections.  (The Texas Election Code book is about 450 pages and the book is a large size.)

Every ballot, and I mean every ballot, mail ballot, early voting ballot, ballot cast on voting day, is checked to be sure it is a legal ballot.  The following actions take place in every county/parish in the country.  They have a method, just as Texas has a method to hold an honest election.  The following explains some of  “The Texas Election Code”.   Each state has its own election laws similar to the above to hold fair elections.  You can read your state’s Election Code, by going to your legislature on line and reading the laws.

1. Every mail ballot info. is checked by the Early Voting Ballot Board (whatever a county names their board).  Those rejected are not counted.

2. Every early voting polling place has the voter list which tells them if the voter who shows up is a registered voter and if the voter has already voted by mail as  that is listed beside his/her name.  If the voter is not listed on the master list at that polling precinct, that person cannot vote there; if the voter insists on voting there, the voter votes a Provisional Ballot, which is a paper ballot.  That ballot is evaluated by the Early Voting Ballot Board and is rejected if it is determined the voter should not have voted at that polling place.  As I have said, I was the Judge of our Early Voting Ballot Board and in ten years, not a single Provisional ballot was accepted – we examined each one and all of them were not eligible to vote in that precinct.

3.  Ballots voted at precincts on voting day go through the same steps as on early voting days.  Each voter must be a registered voter at that voting precinct.  If the voter should not vote there but insists on it, again, the voter may vote a Provisional Ballot.  It must be checked to be sure it is a legal ballot, and if not, it is not counted.

This story below may come up again this election as it did the last election:

Two men said they changed a voting machine.  They got into it and scrambled its insides so they said voting machines can be changed and people reading that got upset, thinking the machines are being changed.

The two men surely could do that, however, before an election, the two party county chairmen, plus the election administrator examine every machine for accuracy.  Once checked, the voting machines are locked in a room and there are two locks on the door.  One key is with the Election Administrator and the other is kept by the Sheriff.
(See the problem with the two men who changed a machine?  They can’t get a county machine to change – the machines are locked up.)

On election day, the room with machines is unlocked and the Sheriff’s deputies take the machines to each polling place.  Before they are put into service, the Election Judge of one party and the Alternate Judge of the other party, check that each machine is set at 0 before used.

4.  What happens at the end of election day?
Both the Election Judge and Alternate Judge remove the disks from the voting machines or from whatever method they are using, and they take the disks/other methods, with a deputy's car behind their car, and deliver the disks to the Central Counting Station.  I wrote the part of a law that determines who is in the Central Counting Station in every county in Texas.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 10:55:26 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2020, 11:29:22 pm »
@bigheadfred
@mystery-ak
@Gefn
@Applewood
@Cyber Liberty
@DB
@rangerrebew
@roamer_1

Fred, my friend, and you are my friend, you do not know what happens to a ballot before it is counted.  Just because a ballot is in Central Counting, does not mean it is counted.  Below are methods counties use to hold fair elections.  (The Texas Election Code book is about 450 pages and the book is a large size.)

Every ballot, and I mean every ballot, mail ballot, early voting ballot, ballot cast on voting day, is checked to be sure it is a legal ballot.  The following actions take place in every county/parish in the country.  They have a method, just as Texas has a method to hold an honest election.  The following explains some of  “The Texas Election Code”.   Each state has its own election laws similar to the above to hold fair elections.  You can read your state’s Election Code, by going to your legislature on line and reading the laws.

1. Every mail ballot info. is checked by the Early Voting Ballot Board (whatever a county names their board).  Those rejected are not counted.

2. Every early voting polling place has the voter list which tells them if the voter who shows up is a registered voter and if the voter has already voted by mail as  that is listed beside his/her name.  If the voter is not listed on the master list at that polling precinct, that person cannot vote there; if the voter insists on voting there, the voter votes a Provisional Ballot, which is a paper ballot.  That ballot is evaluated by the Early Voting Ballot Board and is rejected if it is determined the voter should not have voted at that polling place.  As I have said, I was the Judge of our Early Voting Ballot Board and in ten years, not a single Provisional ballot was accepted – we examined each one and all of them were not eligible to vote in that precinct.

3.  Ballots voted at precincts on voting day go through the same steps as on early voting days.  Each voter must be a registered voter at that voting precinct.  If the voter should not vote there but insists on it, again, the voter may vote a Provisional Ballot.  It must be checked to be sure it is a legal ballot, and if not, it is not counted.

This story below may come up again this election as it did the last election:

Two men said they changed a voting machine.  They got into it and scrambled its insides so they said voting machines can be changed and people reading that got upset, thinking the machines are being changed.

The two men surely could do that, however, before an election, the two party county chairmen, plus the election administrator examine every machine for accuracy.  Once checked, the voting machines are locked in a room and there are two locks on the door.  One key is with the Election Administrator and the other is kept by the Sheriff.
(See the problem with the two men who changed a machine?  They can’t get a county machine to change – the machines are locked up.)

On election day, the room with machines is unlocked and the Sheriff’s deputies take the machines to each polling place.  Before they are put into service, the Election Judge of one party and the Alternate Judge of the other party, check that each machine is set at 0 before used.

4.  What happens at the end of election day?
Both the Election Judge and Alternate Judge remove the disks from the voting machines or from whatever method they are using, and they take the disks/other methods, with a deputy's car behind their car, and deliver the disks to the Central Counting Station.  I wrote the part of a law that determines who is in the Central Counting Station in every county in Texas.

@Victoria33 thank you for this information.  You are obviously more knowledgeable than most on election processes and laws.

Many safeguards are in place, but a problem still exists for mail-in ballots.  Reports in the past of mail "lost" and later found in back of people's cars, locked in closets, etc.  Who knows how many ballots are destroyed.  All methods to ensure a political party's win.  I don't see any way to avoid this.  Tampering with the U.S. mail is a felony, but it still doesn't prevent it from happening.

You have enlightened me as to the safeguards in TX, but if we look at the mid term election in FL, obvious fraud  took place when the Supervisor of Elections either lost or destroyed ballots.  She was in that capacity for 15 years.

IMHO the potential for mail in ballots to be either lost or destroyed is even greater.

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/19/18102781/brenda-snipes-broward-county-resignation-2018-elections

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2020, 11:31:45 pm »
@Victoria33

We've had a few elections where the voting machines mysteriously malfunctioned and could not be used.  I believe there has to be a supply of paper ballots on hand in the event the machines don't work or if there is a power failure.  But once where I used to vote, when the machines coughed and died, there were no paper ballots.  People were told to come back later.  I wasn't working that day and at the time the polling place was across the street from my house, so no problem for me to come back later.  But I expect those who had to go to work or just could not return later didn't get to vote that day. 

I can't say whether these malfunctions were just one of those things or someone deliberately tampered with the machines.  However, Trump is railing about mail-in ballots -- the possibility of corruption and things going wrong.  But in-person voting has its problems and the potential for fraud as well. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2020, 12:02:10 am »
@Victoria33

We've had a few elections where the voting machines mysteriously malfunctioned and could not be used.  I believe there has to be a supply of paper ballots on hand in the event the machines don't work or if there is a power failure.  But once where I used to vote, when the machines coughed and died, there were no paper ballots.  People were told to come back later.  I wasn't working that day and at the time the polling place was across the street from my house, so no problem for me to come back later.  But I expect those who had to go to work or just could not return later didn't get to vote that day. 

I can't say whether these malfunctions were just one of those things or someone deliberately tampered with the machines.  However, Trump is railing about mail-in ballots -- the possibility of corruption and things going wrong.  But in-person voting has its problems and the potential for fraud as well.
@libertybele
@Applewood

ABOUT HAVING ENOUGH BALLOTS
Here is how "more ballots" get to a polling place when there are no more ballots:
Plus, here is another way valid ballots can be proved to be valid ones:
An Election Judge does this:
He/she signs the back of every ballot.  A ballot without his/her signature is not valid and is rejected - that takes care of a person who manages to sneak ballots into an election.  I have not heard of such happening in modern times - however, a ballot without the Judge's signature on the back gets thrown out.

Ballots are different from one voting precinct to another.  One precinct will be voting for a County Commissioner in that precinct. and another precinct will have a different group of candidates for their County Commissioner.  It is also different from precinct to precinct for Constables running for election.  There should be extra ballots for each precinct.  I won't go into how to determine how many ballots to order for a precinct, but there is a way to do that.

So, we are at a precinct using paper ballots and we are out and there are no more paper ballots available for that precinct.  Remember the Judge and his/her signature on the back of every paper ballot?  Any kind of paper will do - the candidates are written on the paper and a voter marks which ones he/she wants - then the JUDGE SIGNS THAT PIECE OF PAPER ON THE BACK AND IT BECOMES A VALID BALLOT.  Ballots like that are hand counted by the "Resolution Committee" in Central Counting.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2020, 12:11:33 am »
@Victoria33
We've had a few elections where the voting machines mysteriously malfunctioned and could not be used. 
@Applewood

If a machine malfunctions, and it does happen, that machine is taken out of service and not used again that day.  If a voter was voting when it happened, that voter votes on another machine.  The disk from that machine is checked once it gets to Central Counting and the good numbers are taken off it.  The machine itself, of course, is not used again until the machine company sends a technician to fix it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2020, 01:25:26 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

In an illegal late night coup, Nevada’s clubhouse Governor made it impossible for Republicans to win the state. Post Office could never handle the Traffic of Mail-In Votes without preparation. Using Covid to steal the state. See you in Court!

Ronna McDaniel
@GOPChairwoman

@realDonaldTrump’s supporters are out in force today protesting Nevada Dems’ attempts to ram through mass mail-in voting & ballot harvesting.

Dems want to use the pandemic to destroy election integrity.

Help us fight back and http://ProtectTheVote.com!

4:49 PM · Aug 2, 2020·Sprout Social

7:37 AM · Aug 3, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1290250416278532096

Offline Applewood

« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2020, 03:44:42 pm »
He keeps using that word "coup" when it's not appropriate.  Aa coup would be an effort to overthrow a sitting president,  The use of mail-in ballots is not a coup.  Maybe it's not right to give everyone a mail-in ballot, maybe it's illegal, but it's not a coup. 

I've  been told that while Pennsylvania has no plans to give everyone a mail-in ballot even if they don't  apply for one, the state will likely approve any application for a mail-in ballot.  I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be in a possibly small room with a bunch of strangers.