Author Topic: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY  (Read 22480 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2020, 04:34:52 pm »
I think the point that is missing is the big 5 or so states are paying people to fill out ballots so it does not matter what the law says, it is what they can get away with to either muddy the election or sway it.
Politicians are crooks and will do anything to keep power.
Very good point.
Of course it is always about winning.
But if the Democrats cannot outright win, then they move to Plan B.
Plan B is always (excuse me please) to F**K IT All UP.
If Dems can't win, then they seek to tear the whole system down.
There is nothing so low-down, dishonorable, and downright vulgar, that a Democrat will not do to win.
Including destroying, selling out, and subverting everything, the whole country.
They simply do not care. As long as they stay in power, every American 'disaster' is a blessing to them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2020, 04:49:26 pm »
Very good point.
Of course it is always about winning.
But if the Democrats cannot outright win, then they move to Plan B.
Plan B is always (excuse me please) to F**K IT All UP.
If Dems can't win, then they seek to tear the whole system down.
There is nothing so low-down, dishonorable, and downright vulgar, that a Democrat will not do to win.
Including destroying, selling out, and subverting everything, the whole country.
They simply do not care. As long as they stay in power, every American 'disaster' is a blessing to them.

And if there isn't a disaster, they make one!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2020, 05:03:14 pm »
Not that hard here. Maybe because I am registered with the state as disabled, but I did the whole thing over the phone... I kinda recall some query to identify that I was who I claimed to be... But they already know I am disabled (smurf parking), so perhaps they merely have to check their own records for verification.

Like I said, I guess it depends on the state where you live.  Now when I first became disabled, I received a mail-in ballot for the primary election that spring.  Someone must have applied for me because I didn't and I doubt the lazy lumps in Harrisburg would have had one sent to me automatically based on any disability records.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2020, 05:09:55 pm »
I think the point that is missing is the big 5 or so states are paying people to fill out ballots so it does not matter what the law says, it is what they can get away with to either muddy the election or sway it.
Politicians are crooks and will do anything to keep power.

And see, this is the sort of chit that should be thoroughly investigated and clamped down on.  Where are the appropriate investigative bodies?  What about the AG?  Why won't anyone deal with known or suspected voter fraud instead of trying to do away with mail-in ballots?

Offline DB

« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2020, 09:40:12 pm »
Like I said, I guess it depends on the state where you live.  Now when I first became disabled, I received a mail-in ballot for the primary election that spring.  Someone must have applied for me because I didn't and I doubt the lazy lumps in Harrisburg would have had one sent to me automatically based on any disability records.

Aren't mail-in ballots and absentee ballots two different things? The latter requires confirming who you are before being able to receive one, signing the ballot envelope and having that signature verified when counted. Mail-in ballots are missing at least a couple of those steps if I understand correctly.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2020, 09:41:58 pm »
Aren't mail-in ballots and absentee ballots two different things? The latter requires confirming who you are before being able to receive one, signing the ballot envelope and having that signature verified when counted. Mail-in ballots are missing at least a couple of those steps if I understand correctly.
Yes, they are two entirely different things - or used to be, anyway. I remember when I was in college trying to get an absentee ballot and the innumerable hoops I had to jump through, including having my signature notarized.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2020, 12:15:45 am »
Anyone who thinks that mail in ballots are such a good thing obviously never talked to a soldier about the difficulties of getting an absentee ballot sent to them...much less getting it back on time to be counted.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:44:48 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online corbe

« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2020, 12:26:08 am »
   Recent election history has shown us that the Soldier's vote is at the top of the list for being disallowed, right after provisional.   
   Sad, indeed.  @txradioguy
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2020, 12:39:16 am »
   Recent election history has shown us that the Soldier's vote is at the top of the list for being disallowed, right after provisional.   
   Sad, indeed.  @txradioguy

I don't think in all honesty any of the absentee ballots I sent in while I was overseas ever made it to the Midland County District clerk.

And IIRC there were stories during Big Ears presidency that they were actively trying to suppress the military vote.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2020, 12:39:26 am »
Anyone who thinks that marlin ballots are such a good thing obviously never talked to a soldier about the difficulties of getting an absentee ballot sent to them...much less getting it back on time to be counted.

So where is Trump on this?  Like I said, fix the problems with the system, not try to eliminate the system altogether.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2020, 12:45:05 am »
So where is Trump on this?  Like I said, fix the problems with the system, not try to eliminate the system altogether.

Haven't heard a word.

Online corbe

« Reply #136 on: August 01, 2020, 12:47:34 am »
   Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm certain some Trumper will), but Trump campaigned heavily on Voter ID AND reform.  To his credit he pushed his Administration to accomplish this. 
   After losing a couple of early Court Battles in the first 6 months (like on all his early initiatives), he gave up and put Kushner in charge.

Now it's an ISSUE?   
   I ain't buying.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #137 on: August 01, 2020, 12:50:57 am »
   Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm certain some Trumper will), but Trump campaigned heavily on Voter ID AND reform.  To his credit he pushed his Administration to accomplish this. 
   After losing a couple of early Court Battles in the first 6 months (like on all his early initiatives), he gave up and put Kushner in charge.

Now it's an ISSUE?   
   I ain't buying.

If he indeed put Jared in charge,  nothing more needs to be said.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #138 on: August 01, 2020, 01:01:34 am »

Now it's an ISSUE?   
   I ain't buying.

Other than age and citizenship, the feds only have authority over money really.  The states run the actual voting

Offline Applewood

« Reply #139 on: August 01, 2020, 01:29:17 am »
Other than age and citizenship, the feds only have authority over money really.  The states run the actual voting

My state says the military has to apply for an absentee ballot using a federal form.  So that has made me confused (as usual) about who has authority over military voting.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #140 on: August 01, 2020, 01:36:13 am »
My state says the military has to apply for an absentee ballot using a federal form.  So that has made me confused (as usual) about who has authority over military voting.

If I remember right, and it has been several decades... lol
The military is the distribution point so the military vote tracking person tries to follow up on the ballots and make sure they get where they need to be so I think they use federal forms.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #141 on: August 01, 2020, 01:45:04 am »
If I remember right, and it has been several decades... lol
The military is the distribution point so the military vote tracking person tries to follow up on the ballots and make sure they get where they need to be so I think they use federal forms.

So then if there are problems with the military absentee ballots, it's up to the feds to address the issue?

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #142 on: August 01, 2020, 01:49:46 am »
So then if there are problems with the military absentee ballots, it's up to the feds to address the issue?
I got out in 79' so anything I said would be speculation...
Here is a website that discusses it.. https://www.fvap.gov/military-voter

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2020, 01:52:17 am »
Anyone who thinks that mail in ballots are such a good thing obviously never talked to a soldier about the difficulties of getting an absentee ballot sent to them...much less getting it back on time to be counted.
@txradioguy

I don't know how long it has been since you talked to that soldier.  Here is the way it works now; in fact I helped Florida in 2000 about military ballots with that crazy Presidential election that year.  An Election Judge in Florida was going to throw out military ballots so I talked to the Florida State Republican Party Chairman and the personal lawyer of the Florida Secretary of State, and the military ballots got counted.

Overseas now, there is an officer in each area where soldiers are, who has the task of getting ballots for the soldiers and sending them back to the US.  There are rules for where the officer in charge send these ballots, but I won't bother writing those.  Military ballots look different than our ballots so the Judge of the Early Ballot Board knows these are military ballots.  They are to be counted even if they come in a few days later than election day - that number of days is set so if they come in later than that set number of days, they are not counted. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2020, 03:52:46 am »
I remember 2000 well, and the way Democrat lawyers cheered and high-fived each other whenever they successfully challenged military votes and got them thrown out.

Good times!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2020, 05:46:23 am »
I remember 2000.

I even remember in 2001. When all you stupid mfers cried and I LAUGHED when the towers fell.

Banged the war drums.

Gave up your liberty.

Yeah, I misspoke and said billions instead of trillions.

Nothing from nothing means nothing.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2020, 10:02:00 am »
I remember 2000.

I even remember in 2001. When all you stupid mfers cried and I LAUGHED when the towers fell.

Banged the war drums.

Gave up your liberty.

Yeah, I misspoke and said billions instead of trillions.

Nothing from nothing means nothing.

@bigheadfred

For the record, I knew some people who died in the towers, and I knew many more who spent years in therapy, haunted by nightmares of running out of collapsing buildings, going down stairwells, getting outside and breathing fetid air, full of smoke and ash. Marriages eventually crumbled because of nigh terrors and guilt.

I know people who, by some weird twist of fate, Missed their bus or train that day and by being late, missed being there by minutes. People who had doctors appointments uptown. Etc. I was one of them. My appointment was two blocks away from the Towers, but a week before it was changed to the 18.

When I finally went into the city about a fortnight later, it was surreal. Missing people posters all over like lost dog posters. People who normally rushed weren’t. People were being kind to strangers, and several strangers hugged me. I regret it took 3,000 deaths to bring us all together.

No, I wept when the second tower fell. I was in shock when the first tower fell. When the plane fell into the Pentagon, I was standing up by my computer and collapsed. And when the plane went down in Pennsylvania I called my parents and told them if we all die today, I wanted them to know how much I love and appreciate all they’ve done for me. And if they survive, please take care of my cat.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2020, 10:11:42 am »
@Gefn

WTH?????

What kind of cretin would write or believe such a damn fool statement? NO theory is proven until it has been been put into action and seen to fail.

However,there IS such a thing as common sense,and anyone who seriously thinks that allowing mail-in ballots won't lead to ballot-box stuffing by the left is a certified cretin.

@sneakypete
@Victoria33

I never said that unless it was from the original article I posted.  I grabbed the first story that broke, from Drudge. About half hour later it was on all the other news outlets. I just went with the first outlet who broke the story.

As for voting for president by mail in ballot, I did that when I was a Freshman in college for my first time voting. Presidential election 1980. And that will always be my favorite election because you never forget your first election, lol. I had the best congresswoman ever. She would have made a great president
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2020, 10:35:52 am »

In PA they are separate.  Maybe in some states they aren't because people are telling me I'm getting an absentee ballot and in this state, that's not so.  Absentee ballots are for those who will be absent on election day; mail-in ballots are for those who cannot vote in person -- elderly, sick, disabled and so on.  But I do believe the application process for both is similar.  I had to provide my state ID number (drivers, of course, would provide their license number).  But I believe the reasons for application would be different  For an absentee ballot, I suppose the applicant would have to verify that he/she won't be available to vote in person and why.  For the mail-in ballot, I had to give contact information for my physician to verify that I have age and health issues which prevent me from getting to the polls.

Now what the mail-in ballot looks like -- I won't know till I get it which may not be till October.  If I remember the one I received several years ago, I did have to sign it, but I can't say whether I needed my signature notarized.  I do know that when the state tried to require voter ID some years ago, the courts struck it down.  So maybe there are no safeguards like notarization.  I won't know till I get the ballot.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2020, 11:02:11 am »

Yes, absentee ballots and mail-out ballots are different.

Absentee ballots are applied for by the voter and eligibility, mailing address are vetted and recordkeeping is setup.

Mail-out ballots are sent to all voters without a request so eligibility, mailing address are not vetted and recordkeeping is not setup. No one knows or tracks what happens to undeliverable ballots (dead people, moved people, stolen ballots).  How will someone know for sure they were supposed to receive a ballot and did not??  How many people will complete a mail-out ballot AND vote in person?  How would a precinct know?

Many states do not have systems in place for collection and counting. --- What happens to rejected mail-out votes?   What is the criteria for rejection?

Deadlines for receipt of completed ballots and including ballots in totals will be pushed until the democrats know how many votes they need to win the state.  It's ballot harvesting to the higher power.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 11:04:09 am by Right_in_Virginia »