Author Topic: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY  (Read 22655 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2020, 12:03:30 am »
That's about where I am with it, and I have developed a low tolerance for people who root for the fall, just so they can waltz in and claim "I todya so!" They are rooting for the destruction of this Nation, for such shallow reasons.

@Cyber Liberty

They are doing it because  personal ego gratification is more important to them than the survival of America as a free nation.

They just want to shout "TOLD YOU SO!" from the rooftops.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #226 on: August 06, 2020, 12:09:46 am »
I am not so easily disheartened... One thing that always happens when the left gets its way is a monumental backlash... by rights, we may well see it now... But then I hold both sides responsible for 'now'... and would prefer a  general 'throw the bastards out' theme from end to end.

And if the Republic does not survive, then we did not deserve it anyway. If we are the ones to let it slip away, the we never really had it in the first place.

But then I hold both sides responsible for 'now'...

This is the key, imo.

There isn't a choice anymore. Of waiting it out. To see which side "wins".

BTW.

Petco has also lowered prices.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #227 on: August 06, 2020, 12:10:36 am »
@roamer_1

Uh,huh. What color is the sky in this fantasy world where you live?

In the REAL world,either Trump or Biden is going to be elected. End of story.

You're pretty optimistic.

There's probably a 50% chance Biden doesn't make it to election day...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:11:53 am by DB »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #228 on: August 06, 2020, 12:13:07 am »
You're pretty optimistic.

There's probably a 50% chance Biden doesn't make to election day...

Right.  But the chance of him making it to his inauguration is probably close to zero.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #229 on: August 06, 2020, 12:14:34 am »
He keeps using that word "coup" when it's not appropriate.  Aa coup would be an effort to overthrow a sitting president,  The use of mail-in ballots is not a coup.  Maybe it's not right to give everyone a mail-in ballot, maybe it's illegal, but it's not a coup. 

I've  been told that while Pennsylvania has no plans to give everyone a mail-in ballot even if they don't  apply for one, the state will likely approve any application for a mail-in ballot.  I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be in a possibly small room with a bunch of strangers.

IMHO I feel an attempted coup has been going on since Trump took the oath of office.  Members of the GOP (Mitch McConnell being one of them) and the DEM party vowed that he would be a one term president.  The DEMS have obstructed just about every attempt Trump has made to swing this country in a more positive direction. Members of the GOP have not stood behind him. Russian collusion, impeachment, COVID, BLM/Antifa, and now mail-in voting are all attempts to take this president down.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #230 on: August 06, 2020, 12:35:42 am »
I"ll be incredibly disheartened when/if Trump loses. I've prepared myself for it, but it won't be easy.

Biden will be a dopey ineffective President IMO, but the population that would vote for him over Trump is something we won't survive as a republic. The doomers were right IMO. Hate to be negative.

I guess I am one of those "doomers".  I definitely believe IF Trump loses, we lose our Republic. It's a simple as that.  To lose our Republic will be absolutely devastating.  I don't fear for myself...but I definitely fear for what my children and grandchildren are going to have to endure. 

There are so many chances that the GOP just threw away and it sickens me and disgusts me.  I've said it before but I believe the bulk of the responsibility lies in the hands of failed leadership; McConnell and Ryan.  We had a full majority in both Houses and they absolutely failed us.

The other responsibility lies in the hands of We the People who have voted time and time again for the same RINO's, same failed leadership and for failing to hold them accountable. 

The voters made a choice during the primary to elect Trump as the GOP nominee.  All of us whether or not we voted for Trump in the primary have to deal with that choice.  Each and every one of use has to vote our conscience.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #231 on: August 06, 2020, 12:45:50 am »
I guess I am one of those "doomers".  I definitely believe IF Trump loses, we lose our Republic. It's a simple as that.  To lose our Republic will be absolutely devastating.  I don't fear for myself...but I definitely fear for what my children and grandchildren are going to have to endure. 

There are so many chances that the GOP just threw away and it sickens me and disgusts me.  I've said it before but I believe the bulk of the responsibility lies in the hands of failed leadership; McConnell and Ryan.  We had a full majority in both Houses and they absolutely failed us.

The other responsibility lies in the hands of We the People who have voted time and time again for the same RINO's, same failed leadership and for failing to hold them accountable. 

The voters made a choice during the primary to elect Trump as the GOP nominee.  All of us whether or not we voted for Trump in the primary have to deal with that choice.  Each and every one of use has to vote our conscience.

The Republic as founded has been gone since 1865 and even liberal historians like Shelby Foote have admitted the fact.  What to call what we were left with at that point is debatable (I like Commercial Empire myself) and even that is in great jepardy of being lost forever real soon.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 12:46:59 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #232 on: August 06, 2020, 12:54:11 am »
I've known that for years, @roamer_1.  I was speaking of another few.

That was @bigheadfred , not me @Cyber Liberty  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #233 on: August 06, 2020, 12:56:07 am »
But then I hold both sides responsible for 'now'...

This is the key, imo.

There isn't a choice anymore. Of waiting it out. To see which side "wins".

BTW.

Petco has also lowered prices.

YUP. Uniparty.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #234 on: August 06, 2020, 12:57:23 am »
@roamer_1

Uh,huh. What color is the sky in this fantasy world where you live?

In the REAL world,either Trump or Biden is going to be elected. End of story.

A distinction without a difference.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #235 on: August 06, 2020, 01:04:38 am »
A distinction without a difference.

You're certifiable!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2020, 01:14:06 am »
IMHO I feel an attempted coup has been going on since Trump took the oath of office.  Members of the GOP (Mitch McConnell being one of them) and the DEM party vowed that he would be a one term president.  The DEMS have obstructed just about every attempt Trump has made to swing this country in a more positive direction. Members of the GOP have not stood behind him. Russian collusion, impeachment, COVID, BLM/Antifa, and now mail-in voting are all attempts to take this president down.
You feel it because it’s absolutely true. The left has gone to war and there’re only a handful of figures opposing them, trump among them. He loses and it is over. The left will be off the chain.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #237 on: August 06, 2020, 01:16:38 am »
YUP. Uniparty.
During the Bush/Clinton/Bush era, you are correct, Uniparty, but that train has left the station.

Obama brought in clear and distinct polarization driven by severe anti American actions, i. e. "I will stand with muslims".
It is to bad that you cannot comprehend the difference.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #238 on: August 06, 2020, 01:22:40 am »
During the Bush/Clinton/Bush era, you are correct, Uniparty, but that train has left the station.

Obama brought in clear and distinct polarization driven by severe anti American actions, i. e. "I will stand with muslims".

The thing with Hegel is that there are TWO polarizations... Maybe it's you that ain't looking far enough

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #239 on: August 06, 2020, 01:24:59 am »

@roamer_1 .

I think you can still apply uniparty to the existing pollys in DC.

But not to the general public.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2020, 01:27:51 am »
@roamer_1 .

I think you can still apply uniparty to the existing pollys in DC.

But not to the general public.

It ain't about the general public. It's about the levers of power. Where the F is the general public going to go? Doesn't matter. Heads I win, tails you lose. Same tired old story. And n0body's waking up.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #241 on: August 06, 2020, 01:32:33 am »
It ain't about the general public. It's about the levers of power. Where the F is the general public going to go? Doesn't matter. Heads I win, tails you lose. Same tired old story. And n0body's waking up.

The levers of power.

Right.

The Balfour Declaration.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #242 on: August 06, 2020, 01:33:25 am »
You're certifiable!

Well, yeah... You guys are better at spending printing money than the Dems are... And no liberal ever got the whole damn country shut off... Or single-handedly DESTROYED small business..

That's on you pal.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2020, 01:35:53 am »
The levers of power.

Right.

The Balfour Declaration.

DEM JOOOOOS? Nah bruh. You can look closer to home.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2020, 01:39:02 am »

"Give me control of a nations' money, and I care not who runs the government."

Meyer Rothschild (1743-1812)

They finally got all the levers in 1913 and ain't going to give them back without one hell of a fight!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2020, 01:44:05 am »
"Give me control of a nations' money, and I care not who runs the government."

Meyer Rothschild (1743-1812)

They finally got all the levers in 1913 and ain't going to give them back without one hell of a fight!

That's right. But that does not address the Hegelian dialectic we call the American political system... And because of that, it will never be reversed. We are going down the road to Globalism and collectivism, whether we like it or not... Because thesis+antithesis=synthesis.

Online DB

« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2020, 01:58:58 am »
Is he a stroke survivor @DCPatriot ??

You really think that is clever?

Pathetic.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2020, 02:08:43 am »
You really think that is clever?

So you prefer certifiable?  Okay ... I'll go with that.

Thanks for the suggestion  :beer:

Online DB

« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2020, 02:12:28 am »
So you prefer certifiable?  Okay ... I'll go with that.

Thanks for the suggestion  :beer:

Nice. Just endless personal insults against other posters and you think it is clever... All emotion. No thought.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2020, 02:12:43 am »
That's right. But that does not address the Hegelian dialectic we call the American political system... And because of that, it will never be reversed. We are going down the road to Globalism and collectivism, whether we like it or not... Because thesis+antithesis=synthesis.

Where is that Hegelian dialectic?  You argue all the time here that both sides are the same!  What am I missing here @roamer_1

- J. R. R. Tolkien