Author Topic: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY  (Read 22635 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY
« Reply #175 on: August 03, 2020, 04:26:45 pm »
@Liberty
@Applewood

An article said: "In an illegal late night coup, Nevada’s clubhouse Governor made it impossible for Republicans to win the state. Post Office could never handle the Traffic of Mail-In Votes without preparation. Using Covid to steal the state. See you in Court!"

LEGAL WAYS FOR MAIL BALLOTS TO BE RETURNED TO THE COURTHOUSE/ELECTION CENTER
The US Post Office is not the only way to get a mail ballot to the Election Center at the Courthouse.
1.  The voter may personally deliver the voter's ballot to the Courthouse.  A voter may only take his/her ballot, not another person's ballot.  The clerk receiving the ballot at the courthouse, checks the person's identity before taking the ballot.

2.  Registered mail carriers other than US Postal Service (USPS), may also be used to send a mail ballot to the County Courthouse Office.  These are FedEx and UPS.

Offline DB

« Reply #176 on: August 03, 2020, 04:27:55 pm »
If the vast majority of ballots are cast by mail we won't know the outcome of the election for months...

That will be a disaster all by itself.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #177 on: August 03, 2020, 04:50:14 pm »
He keeps using that word "coup" when it's not appropriate.  Aa coup would be an effort to overthrow a sitting president,  The use of mail-in ballots is not a coup.  Maybe it's not right to give everyone a mail-in ballot, maybe it's illegal, but it's not a coup.   I've  been told that while Pennsylvania has no plans to give everyone a mail-in ballot even if they don't  apply for one, the state will likely approve any application for a mail-in ballot. I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be in a possibly small room with a bunch of strangers.
@Applewood
@everyone else

1.  A voter may write a letter to ask for a mail ballot.  Certain information has to be there or a ballot will not be sent.  Voter must sign the letter, voter address has to be there, number on voter card must be there, reason for wanting mail ballot has to be there unless that state uses all mail voting, no in person voting.

2.  This is what usually happens:
Candidates sometime send an application for a mail ballot to every older person who automatically qualifies to send a mail ballot (in most states).  This application sent by a candidate, must have a place for the voter to record the required information.  Voter fills it out, sends it in and gets a mail ballot.

STORY:
When working in politics, I got a state candidate sent application for a mail ballot. It didn't have all the required information on it and not enough spaces for the voter to place required information.  These would all be rejected, voter would not get the mail ballot.  Since the candidate was a state candidate, every older person in the whole state would get this faulty application.

I phoned the woman lawyer who ran our state elections at the State Secretary of State's office and told her of the mass of faulty applications going to voters.  She called every county in Texas, 254, to tell the Director of Elections in these counties to look for these faulty applications coming in and send a real application to these voters.  Also, when an application comes in for a ballot to be sent, that name is checked to see if that person is a qualified voter
in that county.  No ballot is sent if the person is not a qualified voter for that county.

For people on this forum who are older people - you will likely get these mail applications from candidates.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 04:57:53 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #178 on: August 03, 2020, 05:10:49 pm »
@Victoria33

Thank you yet again for your valuable information and insight into the voting process. 

Yesterday, I talked to my 88-year-old aunt to tell her that I was approved for a mail-in ballot and asked if she wanted me to apply for her.  She told me she has been getting mail-in ballots for the last several years, the last one being for the primary this year.  She said she never applied for mail-in ballots, but I suspect what happened is -- she sees her state representative frequently for a number of things, including filing her income taxes.  So I believe her state representative signed her up to receive a mail-in ballot every year.  If I'm right, I'm glad her rep did that for her because going to the polls to vote is harder for her than it is for me --even when there was no COVID. 

One last thing about the malfunctioning voting machines - the ones I mentioned in my story were the old fashioned ones -- the kind with the little levers on them and two really big levers if you wanted to vote a straight ticket.    I imagine those machines went back to the beginning of the 20th century.  No wonder they broke down!  Pennsylvania, true to form, didn't advance to the modern digital age for voting machines until several years ago and I suspect only because those old machines couldn't be repaired.  Probably couldn't find parts for them anymore.  LOL

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2020, 09:24:04 pm »

http://www.facebook.com/dan.bongino/videos/290697682207509/?v=290697682207509

Dan Bongino says Dems are concerned with Biden's deteriorating mind.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #180 on: August 03, 2020, 09:38:44 pm »
If the vast majority of ballots are cast by mail we won't know the outcome of the election for months...

That will be a disaster all by itself.

So instead of blowing money on massive pork as both parties want to do in this "stimulus" bill they can't agree on, how about maybe spending more on people to count the ballots or machines to count the ballots -- whatever it takes to get the counting done?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #181 on: August 03, 2020, 09:49:22 pm »

Quote from: DCPatriot on August 03, 2020, 09:24:04 pm
http://www.facebook.com/dan.bongino/videos/290697682207509/?v=290697682207509

Dan Bongino says Dems are concerned with Biden's deteriorating mind.
Yes, of course they are. They can't have his EEG totally flatline before they can use him as a stalking horse for whoever they really want in office.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2020, 09:51:52 pm »
So instead of blowing money on massive pork as both parties want to do in this "stimulus" bill they can't agree on, how about maybe spending more on people to count the ballots or machines to count the ballots -- whatever it takes to get the counting done?

Or ... the vast majority of us can vote in person and show an ID card. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2020, 09:57:47 pm »

Examine your premises.  What makes you think the bureaucrats want the votes counted quickly and accurately?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #184 on: August 03, 2020, 11:21:26 pm »
EJ 🇺🇸 ⛳️ shared

Just The News
Trump signs order banning federal agencies from firing U.S. citizens to replace them with foreigners
The order challenges federal contractors’ use of H-1B visas to bring in temporary foreign labor for high-skilled jobs...
Read more at Twitter

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2020, 11:29:33 pm »
EJ 🇺🇸 ⛳️ shared

Just The News
Trump signs order banning federal agencies from firing U.S. citizens to replace them with foreigners
The order challenges federal contractors’ use of H-1B visas to bring in temporary foreign labor for high-skilled jobs...
Read more at Twitter
Too bad that;s not retroactive to 2018...I'd make a bundle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #186 on: August 03, 2020, 11:34:55 pm »
When you have to take action for 350 million people, you are not able to do precision legislation, unfortunately, it is similar to a huge bomb going off.
 People not "included" complain because they were left out, those that are included abuse the system, so in reality, the out of control spending legislation is on us as much as anyone.
We demand open/closed borders, free money/lower taxes, our name in lights/yet complain about doxing...

I would not run for office for anyone's money..

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #187 on: August 03, 2020, 11:35:43 pm »
EJ 🇺🇸 ⛳️ shared

Just The News
Read more at Twitter

@LegalAmerican

THAT right there is all the reason any sane America needs to convince them to vote for Trump!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2020, 11:46:03 pm »
@LegalAmerican

THAT right there is all the reason any sane America needs to convince them to vote for Trump!

Yes.  People need to go for POLICY....not PURITY in Human Beings.   This CEO paid 8 million dollars for his 'job'.   POTUS fixing it. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2020, 02:35:05 am »
@Applewood

Mail ballots are not counted by hand.  They go in machines to be counted.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2020, 04:05:47 am »
Quote from: Weird Tolkienish Figure.
I think Trump was thinking out loud which means he wasn't thinking when he made the Tweet.
[/quote
--------------------------------------------------
Rule #9. Trump and thinking are NEVER to be mentioned in the same sentence!!!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2020, 05:36:56 am »
@Applewood

Ideally.

When you get right down to it, enough market research has been done (and likely combined with GIS data) to identify what neighborhoods vote which way, which are most likely to have gun owners, how many bathrooms on average and stalls in the garage. Building permit data reveals who hasn't had a bathroom upgrade, kitchen remodel, or a new roof and how long it has been since the last one. How hard would it be to know what 'hoods, what zip codes, it would be beneficial to have underrepresented?

I'm not casting aspersions upon anything you are connected with directly, just saying that a tremendous amount of money has been poured into coup attempts already, and this sort of organization and research is not beyond anyone with the determination, money, and motive to carry it out.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 05:39:14 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2020, 06:00:03 am »
[quote author=Weird Tolkienish Figure.
I think Trump was thinking out loud which means he wasn't thinking when he made the Tweet.

--------------------------------------------------
Rule #9. Trump and thinking are NEVER to be mentioned in the same sentence!!!

OH PLEASE. The TRUMP ENVY IS JUST DRIPPING OFF YOUR POST.  Many males have your envy. YOU are not a billionaire.  YOU are not POTUS and never will be.  YOU do not have an ABSOLUM TOWER.  YOU are not married to a high fashion model who is gorgeous.  I doubt you own a MAR A LAGO.  YOU have not received awards and accolades by ELLIS ISLAND, or Jessie Jackson.  I doubt you have gorgeous & successful children as POTUS does.  NONE OF THEM SMOKE, DO DRUGS, DRINK ALCOHOL, and neither does POTUS. POTUS DOES NOT EVEN DRINK COFFEE. He is more wholesome than you are. Did you ever have hostages released from foreign country's?  POTUS HAS.  POTUS works 100 hour weeks, sleeps 4 hours,  gets lied about & slandered  24/7 and does it all for ZERO PAY!   WWW.MAGAPILL.COM  ( Oh, and he is a good lover, as said by women. He does everything well, why not great at that too?) 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2020, 07:21:46 am »
Many males have your envy.

YOU are not a billionaire.

So what? Where I am from wealth is measured in health, friends,  and family... Money don't mean sh*t to me.

YOU are not POTUS and never will be.

Again, so what? IS that to be envied somehow? I wouldn't take that job for nothing. It is enough for me that I have captained my own ship since I was 18 years old.... I been rich, and I been poor. And I been happy in both conditions.

YOU do not have an ABSOLUM TOWER. 

What is your fixation with THINGS? Who the hell would want such a thing, in the middle of a sh*thole city? Good God, but I would not want that. You couldn't give me that crap.

YOU are not married to a high fashion model who is gorgeous. 

Meh. not my kind. Too high maintenance, and she sure as hell ain't going to be happy to be up in the holler. I wouldn't have her. The kind of woman that WOULD be happy up in the holler is the kind for me. And believe me, there are some damn fine hilljillies up there in the sticks. And any one of them can kick her ass and give you change.

I doubt you own a MAR A LAGO.

Again, wouldn't want it.

YOU have not received awards and accolades by ELLIS ISLAND, or Jessie Jackson. 

The only paper on the wall that means anything to me is over in the outhouse, so...

I doubt you have gorgeous & successful children as POTUS does.  NONE OF THEM SMOKE, DO DRUGS, DRINK ALCOHOL, and neither does POTUS.

As a matter of fact yes I do... Other than the alcohol part, which doesn't matter, as none are alcoholic. None do drugs, and never have.

POTUS DOES NOT EVEN DRINK COFFEE. He is more wholesome than you are.

Wholesomeness is defined by whether one drinks alcohol or coffee? Are you kidding me? Not around here it ain't. And if I have a beer or some shine now and then, hell even if I kick up my heels a bit at a shindig somewhere, what the hell does that have to do with the measure of a man? That I do no HARM in it is all that matters. The rest is no business of yours. And so what if I drink coffee?

Did you ever have hostages released from foreign country's?  POTUS HAS. 

Nope. But I have defended my share of fair maidens... Have held out my hand to help folks up, have done right by folks that needed it. Which is the same damn thing.

POTUS works 100 hour weeks, sleeps 4 hours, 

Sp he's a lightweight. S'alright I won't hold it against him. No really - ANYONE who has their own business burns the candle at both ends. It's how it works. It is not admirable, but merely expected.

gets lied about & slandered  24/7

He reaps what he sows.

and does it all for ZERO PAY!   

HAHAHAHA! Oh he's getting paid alright. Just because he ain't picking up his gubmint check don't mean he ain't getting paid.

( Oh, and he is a good lover, as said by women. He does everything well, why not great at that too?)

Never had a complaint myself in that regard.

You threw this same bullcrap on me before. I told you then, and I meant it: There ain't a damn thing I want that he has. I abhor his lifestyle. I can't stand cities and pompous mansions, or tennis courts and fancy balls. Good lord, but I shudder at the thought of living that way in a sh*thole city. I find fault in a man that needs all that, and consider it weakness. So why would you accuse me of envy of that which I abhor? 1000 dollar suits? The guy is a dumass for spending that kind of money on something I wouldn't use if you gave it to me. Might as well cut it up for shop rags.

So don't impose your shallow measure of a man on others. you have no idea what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 07:40:18 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2020, 07:40:30 am »
So what? Where I am from wealth is measured in health, friends,  and family... Money don't mean sh*t to me.

Again, so what? IS that to be envied somehow? I wouldn't take that job for nothing. It is enough for me that I have captained my own ship since I was 18 years old.... I been rich, and I been poor. And I been happy in both conditions.

What is your fixation with THINGS? Who the hell would want such a thing, in the middle of a sh*thole city? Good God, but I would not want that. You couldn't give me that crap.

Meh. not my kind. Too high maintenance, and she sure as hell ain't going to be happy to be up in the holler. I wouldn't have her. The kind of woman that WOULD be happy up in the holler is the kind for me.

Again, wouldn't want it.

The only paper on the wall that means anything to me is over in the outhouse, so...

As a matter of fact yes I do... Other than the alcohol part, which doesn't matter, as none are alcoholic. None do drugs, and never have.

Wholesomeness is defined by whether one drinks alcohol or coffee? Are you kidding me? Not around here it ain't. And if I have a beer or some shine now and then, hell even if I kick up my heels a bit at a shindig somewhere, what the hell does that have to do with the measure of a man? That I do no HARM in it is all that matters. The rest is no business of yours. And so what if I drink coffee?

Nope. But I have defended my share of fair maidens... Have held out my hand to help folks up, have done right by folks that needed it. Which is the same damn thing.

Sp he's a lightweight. S'alright I won't hold it against him. No really - ANYONE who has their own business burns the candle at both ends. It's how it works. It is not admirable, but merely expected.

He reaps what he sows.

HAHAHAHA! Oh he's getting paid alright. Just because he ain't picking up his gubmint check don't mean he ain't getting paid.

Never had a complaint myself in that regard.

You threw this same bullcrap on me before. I told you then, and I meant it: There ain't a damn thing I want that he has. I abhor his lifestyle. I can't stand cities and pompous mansions, or tennis courts and fancy balls. Good lord, but I shudder at the thought of living that way in a sh*thole city. I find fault in a man that needs all that, and consider it weakness. So why would you accuse me of envy of that which I abhor? 1000 dollar suits? The guy is a dumass for spending that kind of money on something I wouldn't use if you gave it to me. Might as well cut it up for shop rags.

So don't impose your shallow measure of a man on others. you have no idea what you are talking about.
Funny how some folks' idea of "success" would be pure Hell for some of us. Even funnier that they would be as miserable in our shoes as we'd be in theirs. :shrug:
Money is a tool, not an end, and while enough is nice, ridiculous amounts likely wouldn't do a heck of a lot of good. I don't drink, smoke, (although I like a bit of smokeless tobacco from time to time), love coffee, but seldom take so much as an aspirin otherwise. I don't want a building named after me, a statue in the park, or to be POTUS with all the hassle involved. That much power involves equal temptation to abuse it, and with the increase in the number of folks out there I'd admittedly be content to slap, It'd be a sore temptation, indeed.
Better to live a humble life and be at peace with myself, my family, my friends, and my God.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2020, 08:01:00 am »
Funny how some folks' idea of "success" would be pure Hell for some of us. Even funnier that they would be as miserable in our shoes as we'd be in theirs. :shrug:
Money is a tool, not an end, and while enough is nice, ridiculous amounts likely wouldn't do a heck of a lot of good. I don't drink, smoke, (although I like a bit of smokeless tobacco from time to time), love coffee, but seldom take so much as an aspirin otherwise. I don't want a building named after me, a statue in the park, or to be POTUS with all the hassle involved. That much power involves equal temptation to abuse it, and with the increase in the number of folks out there I'd admittedly be content to slap, It'd be a sore temptation, indeed.
Better to live a humble life and be at peace with myself, my family, my friends, and my God.

That's just about right. I ain't made for power. I know, as I have been there. All I got was a fat head. Money? Been both ways, with it and without it... makes no real nevermind. I can be happy as a dog on the porch living out of a school bus back up in the sticks, and wanting for nothing. I guess that's where the perspective is different - When a man has liberty, he can make do about anywhere and be alright.,, So all that pomp and circumstance comes of little value.

That's a thing for a speculation exercise... A little navel gazing... If you walked out on the porch tomorrow morning and tripped over a million bucks in gold bricks, what would change in your life?

Me, if I had all that, I might have a nicer truck... maybe a 4 wheeler or a side-by-side... maybe a bitchin jeep for banging around on the backroads... I might could buy the rest of that land up in the holler... I'd have a hella fine shop outfitted I suppose... But it really wouldn't change all that much.

Heck, the most of it would be sitting on the shelf, waiting on the grand kids, I suppose.

And that says something I think. What you are at your core, should not be amenable to change. And that mere money would do little says I am pretty well where I am supposed to be,

Offline Applewood

« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2020, 08:20:15 am »
@Applewood

@Victoria33

So then how would there be an inordinate delay in counting the votes and declaring a winner if the ballots are mail-in? 

This is all baloney.  By fighting mail-in voting, Trump seeks to deny a segment of the population the right to vote.  And it won't just be the old, sick or disabled either.  Plenty of younger and healthier people don't relish being in a room with strangers who could potentially infect them.  Ans if he thinks most of them would be Democrat voters. he's wrong. 

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2020, 08:20:35 am »
That's just about right. I ain't made for power. I know, as I have been there. All I got was a fat head. Money? Been both ways, with it and without it... makes no real nevermind. I can be happy as a dog on the porch living out of a school bus back up in the sticks, and wanting for nothing. I guess that's where the perspective is different - When a man has liberty, he can make do about anywhere and be alright.,, So all that pomp and circumstance comes of little value.
Oh, I wouldn't mind not having to scrounge so much here and there for materials, but I get by. It's a challenge, and the Mrs. is a wicked good horse trader, so I picked up a couple of pointers. It's what you value, I guess.

That's a thing for a speculation exercise... A little navel gazing... If you walked out on the porch tomorrow morning and tripped over a million bucks in gold bricks, what would change in your life?
Well, I'd likely wax less than poetic about stubbing my toe, and then I'd have to move that heavy stuff so I wouldn't do that again. I would be relieved of worry about small things, but have to worry about getting ripped off if anyone found out about it. Some stuff would be a mite nicer (mostly for Mrs. Joe who is pretty easy going), I admit, and I think I'd find an old Rolls Royce to graft on a good Power Wagon chassis...well, you get the idea, but it'd be fun to go back East and visit in a ride like that.

I'd be further out in the weeds, with a couple of shops, well set up, and I know where there is a machine shop set up to run off DC, off grid. I think I'd lean that way and try to pick it up as it hasn't been used in years and would need to be refurbished.  I'd just have more room to do the sort of things I'd like to do, year round.
Me, if I had all that, I might have a nicer truck... maybe a 4 wheeler or a side-by-side... maybe a bitchin jeep for banging around on the backroads... I might could buy the rest of that land up in the holler... I'd have a hella fine shop outfitted I suppose... But it really wouldn't change all that much.

yep

Heck, the most of it would be sitting on the shelf, waiting on the grand kids, I suppose.

A distinct possibility, I admit, but I have enough projects scattered around that they'd be challenged, and at least one would rise to that, mebbe two or three. I'd likely invest some of that in seeing that if they had a passion, they could pursue that technical or even STEM education. No money for 'studies' programming.

And that says something I think. What you are at your core, should not be amenable to change. And that mere money would do little says I am pretty well where I am supposed to be,

Not too far off. About all it would do is add a touch of security to all that, a little insulation from disaster. I'd probably not dress any different, and my daily driver might have a couple touch-ups, but I'm happy with vehicles I know where they begin and end and what they will do. So, aside from the projects I have, and the ability to do those better, quicker with better tools, I don't see much changing.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2020, 10:10:52 am »
and I think I'd find an old Rolls Royce to graft on a good Power Wagon chassis...well, you get the idea, but it'd be fun to go back East and visit in a ride like that.

HAHAHAHA! Up on at least 37s with a big blue bowtie on the front just to piss em off
 :silly: :silly: :silly:

I'd be further out in the weeds, with a couple of shops, well set up, and I know where there is a machine shop set up to run off DC, off grid. I think I'd lean that way and try to pick it up as it hasn't been used in years and would need to be refurbished.  I'd just have more room to do the sort of things I'd like to do, year round.

Funny how you and me think a lot the same. Always saw myself retiring to a cabin way out on the end of a two-track with a nice water driven woodshop to make truly beautiful one off furniture... You know the sort of shop, with a waterwheel connected to a mainshaft and a couple jack shafts, and the whole place belt-driven....

Winding up pretty close to that if everything rubs out alright...  The water ain't set right for a waterwheel... But it is set up with a nice year round waterfall... A couple big pipes, a couple turbines, and I will have reliable 220 at my disposal... Gotta see it in the winter though... to see where it don't freeze up... But there's about 70ft of drop that will keep at least a couple 6" pipes full without harming the rest... which means I will have indoor plumbing with pressure, as well as 110/220.

Got an old cellular microwave setup and a good line-of-sight to a buddy's place with broadband. Maybe not as good as here, but for way back up in the holler, I'll have something way better than DSL... Where even the ground lines don't go... And enough to run a WIFI tower up for my neighbors to use... There's already a HAM repeater tower nearby that I might could use, and who knows, I may even be able to tie it into actual cellular too for folks to use... That is a fun project to figure out.

Better than I would have wished for... Got a place at the bottom of the mountain for parking my gear in the winter - Gotta use a cat to get home from there... That's on the pavement and gets plowed by the county... But there's room enough for my garage there, maybe even a shop, which might be better for business...

And half of it is for a chapel, which them folks don't have close to hand... I ain't made that way, but the Father put it on my heart as a payback for what he is doing for me. I got knots in my belly already for that first sermon, and it's still at least a year off...

But it's a likely place - with the same creek as mine wandering right behind it... A nice lace to park out for weddings and shindigs and such... Enough room for a daycare and a bit of a school where folks can bring in teachers for augmenting homeschooling... Kinda like the old grange halls, you know... and a place to put up some ponies (which is how them kids will come down). I think it's all going to work right out.

Funny how things work out, ain't it? So if you want to come see me, all you have to do is go up in the holler and ask for the preacher. That'll be me, I guess...  :shrug: :whistle:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:13:21 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2020, 11:18:19 am »
@roamer_1 The shop I'd try to get was set up to run on leyden jar batteries, off mostly wind power. IIRC, the owner had a drip type waste oil heater to keep the chill off. Given the means, I'd dig the whole works in like a dugout in a sidehill, use small windmills to keep the batteries up, and the heater to keep the frost out in the winter. Everything was set up to run on DC, including a couple pretty substantial lathes. Yep, I'd have a little learning to do, and I have a couple of ideas I'd like to experiment with...but who knows where something like that could lead.  :shrug:

I'd also make room to (or have another shop for) wood and vehicle work, a place to paint things, etc. I barely have room to tear down a motorcycle engine now. (The Mrs. won't let me use the coffee table, for some reason, well, not again.)
But that's what I'd invest in, room/tools to do things, and out of town further. I lack your electronics skills, but have a grandson whose interests lean that way. He's building a computer now for gaming, and we'll see when he gets that set up. (When he gets his wifi working, I can coil up the armored CAT5 stretched through the house....) In the meantime, a fellow can dream, and there isn't any harm in that as a goal, as long as I don't make it an obsession. Making it happen, well, that depends on the resources I can muster, but the Mrs. doesn't want to go too far, because of all the family here, and I'm good with that.

But yeah, the Rolls would be fun...

C S Lewis