Author Topic: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY  (Read 22475 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: TRUMP FLOATS ELECTION DELAY
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2020, 12:29:57 pm »
I'm sure voter fraud exists.  I've heard stories of some that was done in my county some years ago.  I know it goes on.  But is it widespread?  Well, no one has definitively proven that it is. 

As far as I can tell, floating the possibility of massive voter fraud is being done in preparation for if/when Trump loses.  I'm reasonably sure that Trump will contest the results if he loses and he is setting up the possibility of voter fraud as one of his reasons for contesting.

By the way, I applied for a mail-in ballot and was just told I was approved. In this state one has to apply for a mail-in ballot and the applicant had better have a good reason for not voting in person.  With COVID, I believe these applications are being routinely approved for old people with health conditions like yours truly.  In any event, there is no blanket mailing of ballots to every Tom, Dick and Harry. 

@Applewood

What you applied for and received was an ABSENTEE BALLOT,not a "mail-in ballot". The only thing they have in common is both are to be mailed in.

The mail-in ballots are to be mailed to everybody that asks for one,with no proof of citizenship or registration required. You ask for one,they mail it to you,and it's up to you to be honest when you fill it out and state your citizenship and legal status to cast a ballot.

In fact,they will be bulk-mailed out to whole districts. ANYBODY that wants one,regardless of legal qualifications to vote,gets one. Or maybe even two or three. Depends on how many aliases they have.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2020, 12:47:03 pm »
DELAY 2020 ELECTION? - Trump says "I don't want to delay"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Applewood

« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2020, 01:00:23 pm »
@Applewood

What you applied for and received was an ABSENTEE BALLOT,not a "mail-in ballot". The only thing they have in common is both are to be mailed in.

The mail-in ballots are to be mailed to everybody that asks for one,with no proof of citizenship or registration required. You ask for one,they mail it to you,and it's up to you to be honest when you fill it out and state your citizenship and legal status to cast a ballot.

In fact,they will be bulk-mailed out to whole districts. ANYBODY that wants one,regardless of legal qualifications to vote,gets one. Or maybe even two or three. Depends on how many aliases they have.

@sneakypete

I don't know how it's done in your state, but in mine, the absentee ballot is separate from a mail-in ballot.  The absentee ballot is for the voter who will not be anywhere near where he/she usually votes on election day.  For example, a soldier deployed to Afghanistan would apply for an absentee ballot.  A mail-in ballot is for people who can't go to the polling place to vote -- I used myself as an example:  Old, high risk with health issues. 

But in both cases, obtaining an absentee or a mail in ballot must be by application and the state has to approve the application.  There is no blanket mail-in ballot scheme in Pennsylvania -- yet.  I don't know who would have the authority to do something like that. Would it take an act of congress or would the states have the authority to decide?  But in any event, until and unless the powers that be approve such a scheme, it cannot be done, at least not in Pennsylvania.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2020, 01:08:08 pm »
@sneakypete

I don't know how it's done in your state, but in mine, the absentee ballot is separate from a mail-in ballot.  The absentee ballot is for the voter who will not be anywhere near where he/she usually votes on election day.  For example, a soldier deployed to Afghanistan would apply for an absentee ballot.  A mail-in ballot is for people who can't go to the polling place to vote -- I used myself as an example:  Old, high risk with health issues. 

But in both cases, obtaining an absentee or a mail in ballot must be by application and the state has to approve the application.  There is no blanket mail-in ballot scheme in Pennsylvania -- yet.  I don't know who would have the authority to do something like that. Would it take an act of congress or would the states have the authority to decide?  But in any event, until and unless the powers that be approve such a scheme, it cannot be done, at least not in Pennsylvania.

It is my understanding that each state has their own election rules, but the states still must comply with federal election laws.  So, if Congress decided that ALL voting would be done by mail, then the states would need to comply.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2020, 01:18:48 pm »
It is my understanding that each state has their own election rules, but the states still must comply with federal election laws.  So, if Congress decided that ALL voting would be done by mail, then the states would need to comply.

Gavin Newsom has already decreed all Californians will receive vote by mail ballots. And Gavin doesn't do ANYTHING that won't serve to solidify the rat grip on this state.

Personally I think this is overkill as they already have a supermajority for life, but you know the rats. They're going for Saddam Hussein levels of support in this state.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2020, 01:38:47 pm »
Gavin Newsom has already decreed all Californians will receive vote by mail ballots. And Gavin doesn't do ANYTHING that won't serve to solidify the rat grip on this state.

Personally I think this is overkill as they already have a supermajority for life, but you know the rats. They're going for Saddam Hussein levels of support in this state.

I would think Newsom is violating federal election laws.  Anybody call him on that? 

And yeah, where I live, the Democrats rule, so they would be silly to mail ballots to anyone and everyone.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2020, 01:39:51 pm »

Thank you for clarifying that. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2020, 01:41:53 pm »

And, in turn, the state delegates some of the rules to localities.  In LA County, 16-year-olds can vote in School Board Elections.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2020, 01:51:01 pm »
@skeeter

Ok, I read up about Governor Newsom's order.  it looks like he has ordered that all REGISTERED VOTERS get a mail-in ballot.  The ballots allegedly are not going to anyone not registered.  Now, I don't know what constitutes a registered voter in California.  For all I know, they could be registering illegals and convicts. 

Anyway, here is a link to a Fox News story on this subject from May of this year:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-order-mail-in-ballot

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2020, 01:59:04 pm »
I'm sure voter fraud exists.  I've heard stories of some that was done in my county some years ago.  I know it goes on.  But is it widespread?  Well, no one has definitively proven that it is. 

As far as I can tell, floating the possibility of massive voter fraud is being done in preparation for if/when Trump loses.  I'm reasonably sure that Trump will contest the results if he loses and he is setting up the possibility of voter fraud as one of his reasons for contesting.

By the way, I applied for a mail-in ballot and was just told I was approved. In this state one has to apply for a mail-in ballot and the applicant had better have a good reason for not voting in person.  With COVID, I believe these applications are being routinely approved for old people with health conditions like yours truly.  In any event, there is no blanket mailing of ballots to every Tom, Dick and Harry. 

Is voting by mail completely safe from fraud?  No, not 100%.  But I would not want to have it eliminated entirely.  In my case, my polling place was moved to the basement of a church with dubious ventilation.  It's way too risky for me to be packed into that small space with a bunch of strangers who potentially could be infected.  Not going to take the risk.  The same applies to others who are older and are particularly at risk.
What you describe is an "Absentee Ballot". What the Democrats want is a mail in ballot, mailed out without the usual information required for an Absentee ballot. The Democrat goal and absentee ballots are not the same thing, and Trump indicated the Absentee Ballots are okay.

If you recall, there were precincts in Philadelphia which voted well over 100% turnout, and all for Obama. There were also instances of dead people voting (it isn't just a joke, it's actually a postmortem identity theft), and there have been numerous examples of a car trunk full of uncounted votes suddenly turning up and shifting the balance in a close election. I think the amount of voter fraud in the coming election will be unprecedented.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2020, 02:01:16 pm »

The States have the authority to set the time, places and manner of elections for Congress but the Congress may "make or alter" the states' regulations at any time; except the place for choosing Senators.   

Congress has the authority to set the day of national elections for President, but not the manner. 

Congress does not have general administrative authority over any State and Local election.

In all three categories, Congress has authority over non-discrimination in voting rights.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2020, 02:12:37 pm »
@skeeter

Ok, I read up about Governor Newsom's order.  it looks like he has ordered that all REGISTERED VOTERS get a mail-in ballot.  The ballots allegedly are not going to anyone not registered.  Now, I don't know what constitutes a registered voter in California.  For all I know, they could be registering illegals and convicts. 

Anyway, here is a link to a Fox News story on this subject from May of this year:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsom-order-mail-in-ballot
Thanks for the link. Since illegal aliens can obtain drivers licenses and Motor Voter is the law of the land I can assure you illegals are receiving these ballots as well.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2020, 02:14:07 pm »
Thanks for the link. Since illegal aliens can obtain drivers licenses and Motor Voter is the law of the land I can assure you illegals are receiving these ballots as well.
Q.E.D. Voter Fraud.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2020, 02:41:47 pm »
What you describe is an "Absentee Ballot". What the Democrats want is a mail in ballot, mailed out without the usual information required for an Absentee ballot. The Democrat goal and absentee ballots are not the same thing, and Trump indicated the Absentee Ballots are okay.

There were also instances of dead people voting (it isn't just a joke, it's actually a postmortem identity theft), and there have been numerous examples of a car trunk full of uncounted votes suddenly turned up.If you recall, there were precincts in Philadelphia which voted well over 100% turnout, and all for Obama.

@Smokin Joe

IRRC,the Dims screamed with outrage about "Republican voter fraud" because one Dim candidate "Only" received  105 percent of the registered votes.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2020, 02:42:49 pm »
@sneakypete
@Applewood

I read Pennsylvania's election law last night.  When I write later today, I will include Penn.'s election law about absentee/mail-in ballots.  Anyone can find the election code of any state - will write how to find every state's election law.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2020, 02:48:02 pm »
@Applewood What you applied for and received was an ABSENTEE BALLOT,not a "mail-in ballot". The only thing they have in common is both are to be mailed in.  The mail-in ballots are to be mailed to everybody that asks for one,with no proof of citizenship or registration required. You ask for one,they mail it to you,and it's up to you to be honest when you fill it out and state your citizenship and legal status to cast a ballot. In fact,they will be bulk-mailed out to whole districts. ANYBODY that wants one,regardless of legal qualifications to vote,gets one. Or maybe even two or three. Depends on how many aliases they have.
@sneakypete

"The mail-in ballots are to be mailed to everybody that asks for one,with no proof of citizenship or registration required."

No, pete, a ballot is only mailed to a registered voter and the number of the ballot is noted by the voter's name on the mail ballot list. Will write more this evening.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2020, 02:48:23 pm »
@sneakypete

@Applewood

I believe you are confused about this. I have never heard of an instance in the US where someone physically unable to go cast a vote was denied an absentee ballot.

Correct me if I am wrong,but did you not have to produce an ID and voter registration or other proof of voting eligibility to receive the ballot you got in the mail? If you did,you received an absentee ballot.

If you could have gotten a ballot in the mail by just making a phone call and giving your name and address,you received a mail-in ballot.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2020, 02:54:02 pm »
@sneakypete
@Applewood

pete, you said: "If you could have gotten a ballot in the mail by just making a phone call and giving your name and address,you received a mail-in ballot."

No one can get a ballot mailed to him/her by making a phone call.  There must be a paper application for a mail ballot, unless it is a state where all voters vote by mail, in that case, the election's administrator mails a ballot and the number of the ballot is noted by their name.  Ballots that come in are evaluated by an Early Voting Ballot Board; checks are made by the board to be sure that is the voter who voted that ballot - signatures are evaluated to determine if that is the voter's real signature on the envelope that is mailed back to them.  Can't write anymore, going somewhere, will write more later today.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2020, 02:54:51 pm »
@Applewood

I believe you are confused about this. I have never heard of an instance in the US where someone physically unable to go cast a vote was denied an absentee ballot.

Correct me if I am wrong,but did you not have to produce an ID and voter registration or other proof of voting eligibility to receive the ballot you got in the mail? If you did,you received an absentee ballot.

If you could have gotten a ballot in the mail by just making a phone call and giving your name and address,you received a mail-in ballot.

@sneakypete

No... I am a registered voter, and registered to my address. I have in the past requested an absentee ballot over the phone which was granted. It has been a while, and I may have been asked for additional ID, like my SoSec or something... I do not recall. Seems I remember reading my DL number to them over the phone...

And they would not send the ballot to a different address than the registered address - I don't use my mailbox much, preferring my mail go to the ranch. They would not do that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 02:55:39 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2020, 02:59:24 pm »
@sneakypete
@Applewood

pete, you said: "If you could have gotten a ballot in the mail by just making a phone call and giving your name and address,you received a mail-in ballot."

No one can get a ballot mailed to him/her by making a phone call.

@Victoria33   @Applewood

That may be true NOW,but it won't be true if the Dims get the legislation they want passed. THAT is the point I,and others are trying to make.

The dims are talking about mass mailings of ballots to every address available,and IIRC,all it would take would be a phone call to get additional ballots mailed to any address because all the caller would have to say is there are other voters living at that address not on the rental contract or property owners lists.

The Dims were clever to try to sell this as nothing more than an extension of Absentee Ballots.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 03:02:06 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2020, 03:42:26 pm »
@Applewood

@sneakypete

Let me try this again:  In Pennsylvania, one can get an absentee or a mail-in ballot.  An absentee ballot would be for those who will not be near their usual polling places on November 3.  The mail-in ballot would be for those who physically cannot go to the polls to vote on that date.  In both cases one has to apply for the ballot, either online or by mail.  A phone call won't get you a mail-in ballot.

The application asks for a driver's license or state ID number.  For those of us claiming age or physical impairment as a reason not to vote in person, we must provide contact information for our physician who would verify that the applicant cannot vote in person because of age, disease, disability and so on.  I just talked to my doctor's secretary and asked whether he was contacted by the state to verify my health status and was told yes. 

Those looking for an absentee ballot will have to provide a valid reason why they cannot be present to vote in person on November 3.   The guy who will be working on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico -- I expect he can get an absentee ballot.  The guy whom expects to get drunk on November 2 and wake up with a bad hangover on November 3 -- no.   By the way, I found out that the military cannot use the standard PA form to apply for an absentee ballot.  Apparently, they would use a special federal form.

Now being approved for an absentee or mail-in ballot only applies to the current election.  If I want to make receiving a mail-in ballot permanent, I would have to apply for permanent mail-in ballot status. 

I agree that mail-in ballots should not be given to anyone and everyone.  What I object to are those who would only allow an absentee ballot, but do away with the mail-in ballot entirely.  There are some of us who will be in town on election day, but we cannot get to the polls to vote.  Denying us the ability to vote by mail would deprive us of our right to vote. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:19:17 pm by Applewood »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2020, 03:52:42 pm »

@Applewood

Unless I am having a senior moment,you shot me a blank. No text other than what I wrote to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »
@Applewood

Unless I am having a senior moment,you shot me a blank. No text other than what I wrote to you.

@sneakypete

Sorry, the senior moment was mine.  I hit Send before I typed the response.   I posted to you above.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2020, 04:25:15 pm »
I think the point that is missing is the big 5 or so states are paying people to fill out ballots so it does not matter what the law says, it is what they can get away with to either muddy the election or sway it.
Politicians are crooks and will do anything to keep power.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2020, 04:28:00 pm »
@sneakypete

Let me try this again:  In Pennsylvania, one can get an absentee or a mail-in ballot.  An absentee ballot would be for those who will not be near their usual polling places on November 3.  The mail-in ballot would be for those who physically cannot go to the polls to vote on that date.  In both cases one has to apply for the ballot, either online or by mail.  A phone call won't get you a mail-in ballot.

The application asks for a driver's license or state ID number.  For those of us claiming age or physical impairment as a reason not to vote in person, we must provide contact information for our physician who would verify that the applicant cannot vote in person because of age, disease, disability and so on.  I just talked to my doctor's secretary and asked whether he was contacted by the state to verify my health status and was told yes. 

Those looking for an absentee ballot will have to provide a valid reason why they cannot be present to vote in person on November 3.   The guy who will be working on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico -- I expect he can get an absentee ballot.  The guy whom expects to get drunk on November 2 and wake up with a bad hangover on November 3 -- no.   By the way, I found out that the military cannot use the standard PA form to apply for an absentee ballot.  Apparently, they would use a special federal form.

Now being approved for an absentee or mail-in ballot only applies to the current election.  If I want to make receiving a mail-in ballot permanent, I would have to apply for permanent mail-in ballot status. 

I agree that mail-in ballots should not be given to anyone and everyone.  What I object to are those who would only allow an absentee ballot, but do away with the mail-in ballot entirely.  There are some of us who will be in town on election day, but we cannot get to the polls to vote.  Denying us the ability to vote by mail would deprive us of our right to vote.

Not that hard here. Maybe because I am registered with the state as disabled, but I did the whole thing over the phone... I kinda recall some query to identify that I was who I claimed to be... But they already know I am disabled (smurf parking), so perhaps they merely have to check their own records for verification.