Author Topic: Houston doctor behind hydroxychloroquine drug video was sued in Louisiana woman’s death  (Read 3854 times)

Offline skeeter

Many other studies have shown no effect—while its safety is not in dispute (after 65 years that much is clear), its efficacy is unclear because the evidence is conflicting so much. You haven't seen death rates spike in areas where HCQ's usage has been curtailed.

Plus the addition of antibiotics to the regimen adds a layer of risk of drug interactions when it is known that antibiotics have no effect on viruses. HCQ and a z-pack may be safe individually, but together (and/or misused) they could cause problems, and there is some evidence that the anti-inflammatory effects may be better achieved with steroids like dexamethasone (a study out of Michigan showed impressive promise for an HCQ-dexamethasone combination).

But so far, this HCQ-Zpack-zinc combo has been promoted mainly through Youtube videos hawked by sketchy "doctors" as opposed to vetted research. Zelenko has known ties to fraudster Jerome Corsi and Immanuel, as previously noted, is essentially a faith healer. Raoult's credentials are stronger but his preliminary study had major flaws, most glaringly a lack of a control.
Thanks for the info. We’ll have to see how ongoing studies shake out. It’s too damn bad everything has been so f’ing politicized it’s hard to know who to believe.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hydro has not been definitely proven to be effective against CVID.  For every study or claim that it is effective, there are others which say it isn't and some that say it could cause more harm than good. 

By the way I'm not the only one who could die if this drug was administered.  These doctors and so-called experts (among them a discredited researcher and a pediatrician who deals in whacked conspiracy theories) are doing everyone a disservice by pushing a drug that has not been proven to be effective and may actually be harmful to a significant segment of the population.

More bovine fecal matter!

Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

Quote from: jmyrlefuller on Today at 09:25:00 PM

Many other studies have shown no effect—while its safety is not in dispute (after 65 years that much is clear), its efficacy is unclear because the evidence is conflicting so much. You haven't seen death rates spike in areas where HCQ's usage has been curtailed.

Plus the addition of antibiotics to the regimen adds a layer of risk of drug interactions when it is known that antibiotics have no effect on viruses. HCQ and a z-pack may be safe individually, but together (and/or misused) they could cause problems, and there is some evidence that the anti-inflammatory effects may be better achieved with steroids like dexamethasone (a study out of Michigan showed impressive promise for an HCQ-dexamethasone combination)
But so far, this HCQ-Zpack-zinc combo has been promoted mainly through Youtube videos hawked by sketchy "doctors" as opposed to vetted research. Zelenko has known ties to fraudster Jerome Corsi and Immanuel, as previously noted, is essentially a faith healer. Raoult's credentials are stronger but his preliminary study had major flaws, most glaringly a lack of a control.

SKEETER;
Thanks for the info. We’ll have to see how ongoing studies shake out. It’s too damn bad everything has been so f’ing politicized it’s hard to know who to believe.

------------------------
Don't believe JIMY. Jerome Corsi...is Ok. They tried to get him to lie about TRUMP, and he is suing DEEP STATE. Antibiotic is NOT for COVID.  It is for the bacteria in the lungs,  created from covid. ZINC..allows cells to 'open' and allow in medication. One gets pneumonia from covid.  LUNG ISSUE. Antibiotic's help kill bacteria.  The hydro,  is for covid.  The 3 combo, has saved many lives. 

Use google to find all kind of information on CORSI.

Jerome Corsi suing Amazon’s Jeff Bezos, Washington Post and Mueller.  1 year ago

Fox Business
Conservative author Jerome Corsi discusses how he is suing Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, The Washington Post and special counsel ...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 03:34:37 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Applewood

And like I said, there are others that say the drug is not effective and may actually be harmful. 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Plus the addition of antibiotics to the regimen adds a layer of risk of drug interactions when it is known that antibiotics have no effect on viruses. HCQ and a z-pack may be safe individually, but together (and/or misused) they could cause problems, and there is some evidence that the anti-inflammatory effects may be better achieved with steroids like dexamethasone (a study out of Michigan showed impressive promise for an HCQ-dexamethasone combination).

@jmyrlefuller

Yeah, this is about where I stand, I don't think this drug really pushes the needle one direction or the other. I have seen studies that say this and that and really it is a crapshoot if you ask me (except possible side effects that may complicate things futher)... Right now, I would not risk taking it. Trump is no more a doctor than I am, and I certainly am not taking medical advice from him.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Guerrilla journalism. The doctors past history has nothing to do with the video the left is so desperate to censor.

The left are determined to shitcan hydroxychloroquine no matter how many lives it could possibly save. They’re willing to fight for the White House to the last drop of our blood.
Correct. Independent events. No mention of the patient's culpability for using illegal iv drugs...
Seems to me the primary responsibility lies right there. If it took several days to die from a bit of needle removed fro her arm, then maybe something else was at play.
(My daughter spent over a month with a needle stuck in her arm (in ICU) and got better.)

A few hours with a piece of (medical) metal should not have been fatal, especially days later. Maybe a case of "cottonball fever" from the illicit injection that put the bit of needle there in the first place? A little something extra picked up in the syringe? Less than sterile injection site? Perhaps a dash of MRSA from the hospital itself?

Over 100,000 people die every year through "medical misadventure".

As of 2016, there were over 950,000 practicing physicians in the United States. 93% have an MD degree, and 76% were educated in the United States.source

This is aimed at undermining her credentials to get at the drug regimen and discredit that.

As for that patient,
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

The article says that Dr. Immanuel and another doctor treated this woman initially, but did not order xrays or try to remove the broken needle.  The woman sough help hours later after she had gone home from the doctor's and the pain allegedly intensified.  It was then that a surgeon removed the needle from her arm.

As to Dr. Immanuel's medical status, apparently, she is a licensed pediatrician:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stella_Immanuel
THe article further says:
Knadler said Norvell died following a life-threatening infection and that her mother sought a medical malpractice panel in the case. Norvell had been using methamphetamine and her arm became infected because of the embedded needle fragment, according to documents that Knadler provided. Norvell then developed a flesh-eating disease from the wound. She died Feb. 5 of that year, the panel request reads.
Seems to me, if she had the bacteria (Vibrio vulnificus) in there and they were not community acquired from the removal operation, it is unlikely that a prompt removal would have changed the outcome. She was already infected.  Meth use seems to be the problem here (and who breaks off a needle in good shape shooting meth? Sounds like the needle was pretty sketchy, too.)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline dancer

Bovine excrement.   The ones who are touting this drug cannot be relied upon.  That is the point of the Hill article.

And as an aside, I looked at the drug to see if it would be safe for me.  Having several health issues and already taking meds, I have to be careful about what drugs I take.  Turns out that Hydro is not safe for someone like me.  It's like any other drug -- they all have the potential for side effects, contraindication or drug interactions.  In my case, taking Hydro would likely exacerbate the heart problems I already have.  I believe there was one study that had to be halted because the subjects taking the drug developed heart abnormalities that could be fatal. 

These complaints that doctors won't use or prescribe Hydro because they would rather use more expensive treatments are ludicrous.  I've been with my doctors for a lot of years.  I'm reasonably sure that because they know my health history, current health and the medication I take, they would not want to use Hydro on me.  And based on what I've learned about the drug, I wouldn't want them to

I have to wonder what motivation is behind these doctors willingly breaking their Hippocratic Oath by pushing a drug they have to know may not be safe.  Some of these so-called medical experts are actually telling people to demand Hydro and if the doctor won't prescribe it, to find a doctor who will or get the drug from some other, possibly illegal source.  That is wrong on so many levels.  I believe we are going to end up with a whole lot of people dying because they heeded these so-called experts and took a drug that harmed them.
I read that Chloraquine gives nasty heart palpitations, but did not know that the HydroxyC did.

Offline Smokin Joe

I read that Chloraquine gives nasty heart palpitations, but did not know that the HydroxyC did.
Lethal dosages of either lengthen the QT interval to the point the patient brady's out.

The important thing is to not give too large a dose. The study on Chloroquine in Brazil involved lethal amounts of the drug--something on the order of 12 g were given over a few days, the lethal dose is 5 g and the half life of the drug is long compared to many other medications. It was either shoddy pharmacology or malpractice or simply murder to make the drugs look bad. Both have been given for a long time (decades) as anti-malarials.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Here is what WebMD says about potential side effects of Hydroxychloroquine:

...slow heartbeat, symptoms of heart failure (such as shortness of breath, swelling ankles/feet, unusual tiredness, unusual/sudden weight gain), mental/mood changes (such as anxiety, depression, rare thoughts of suicide, hallucinations), hearing changes (such as ringing in the ears, hearing loss), easy bruising/bleeding, signs of infection (such as sore throat that doesn't go away, fever), signs of liver disease (such as severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine), muscle weakness, unwanted/uncontrolled movements (including tongue/face twitching), hair loss, hair/skin color changes.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-5482/hydroxychloroquine-oral/details

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Here is what WebMD says about potential side effects of Hydroxychloroquine:

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-5482/hydroxychloroquine-oral/details
If I worried about the 'potential/possible' side effects of even half the drugs I take every day I would be too scared to take them. Lifes a crap shoot and if you face dying you will grab any rope out there.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

And yet not SARS-2. Evolution. Resistance. It happens with bacteria all the time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline LegalAmerican

Correct. Independent events. No mention of the patient's culpability for using illegal iv drugs...
Seems to me the primary responsibility lies right there. If it took several days to die from a bit of needle removed fro her arm, then maybe something else was at play.
(My daughter spent over a month with a needle stuck in her arm (in ICU) and got better.)

A few hours with a piece of (medical) metal should not have been fatal, especially days later. Maybe a case of "cottonball fever" from the illicit injection that put the bit of needle there in the first place? A little something extra picked up in the syringe? Less than sterile injection site? Perhaps a dash of MRSA from the hospital itself?

Over 100,000 people die every year through "medical misadventure".

As of 2016, there were over 950,000 practicing physicians in the United States. 93% have an MD degree, and 76% were educated in the United States.source

This is aimed at undermining her credentials to get at the drug regimen and discredit that.

As for that patient,

Agree!    :amen:     :bighug: :hands: :hands: :hands: :hands:

Offline LegalAmerican

If I worried about the 'potential/possible' side effects of even half the drugs I take every day I would be too scared to take them. Lifes a crap shoot and if you face dying you will grab any rope out there.

BINGO!  Well said!   888high58888

Offline LegalAmerican

My post on page one.  « Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 09:29:27 PM »

Seems I was correct.  Woman's intuition.  Don't hate me for it.
--------------------------------------------------
Agree.  People still die, WITH or WITHOUT a doctor....  WITH or WITHOUT ..health insurance.   Why, aren't they going after the surgeon?  HE was the last to administer aid to her.  BTW. It just sounds like the I.V. needle, one has when in hospital.

I say, the woman died from her illegal drug use and maybe becoming septic after surgery. THAT IS MY OPINION. Just musing on here.  I DON'T  KNOW.   I didn't read the article.   
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 02:56:29 am by LegalAmerican »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
And yet not SARS-2. Evolution. Resistance. It happens with bacteria all the time.

Can you tell me what the hell you are talking about here @jmyrlefuller? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Not many bugs will mutate to adapt to something that stops them from replicating. THe replicating part is incredibly critical to adaptation, without it there is none.

SARS and SARS CoV-2 are related in name only (From Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome--an effect, and that they are both corona viruses). SARS CoV-2 was a laboratory product. Ultimately produced from this research, which was shut down in the US and moved to Wuhan Institute of Virology: https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

The researchers were creating chimera viruses from existing viruses in order to enhance function (contagion).
Well, that part worked, but however it happened, it got out of the BSL-4 Lab in Wuhan.

If you understand BSL-4 protocols, you understand why a cloth mask is just virtue signalling, and not an effective foil to infection, nor is an N-95 mask.

Again, Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine (the safer drug) both act as ionophores which allow zinc to pass into the Type 1 pneumocytes, where the zinc retards and interrupts the ability of the virus to replicate.
In order for that to be effective, the treatment has to be administered early, stopping the virus beofre the virus invades the pneumocytes and replicated, destroying the very cells which exchange oxygen with Carbon Dioxide in the blood. The longer you wait, the worse the lung damage, the less effective the hydroxychloroquine/Zinc/Azithromycin regimen is going to be. People wheeled into the hospital at deaths door and requiring mechanical ventilation have a poor prognosis. People treated early generally recover, commonly without requiring hospitalization.

International Journal of Infectious Diseases, Volume 97, P396-403, August 01, 2020 Treatment with hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and combination in patients hospitalized with COVID-19

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Can you tell me what the hell you are talking about here @jmyrlefuller? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

"Antimicrobial resistance (AMR or AR) is the ability of a microbe to resist the effects of medication that once could successfully treat the microbe."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimicrobial_resistance
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:26:57 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Slide Rule

Saying that someone is being sued is a common duck and weave by those without something legitimate. It is also an easy news clip for others that know nothing.

What was the basis of the suit?
When was the suit filed?
Has the trial begun?
Who are the attorneys?

Even if there is no result, news people often state there is a lawsuit as a form of slander. Often the reason for a lawsuit is to be able to slander.

It is an old and tired process. Call them out on it.

Slide Rule

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Smokin Joe

"Antimicrobial resistance (AMR or AR) is the ability of a microbe to resist the effects of medication that once could successfully treat the microbe."
It has to replicate and pass on that resistance.
Any protocol which stops the microbe from replicating thwarts the ability of the microbe to gain resistance.

The problem with bacterial resistance to antibiotics comes when people do not finish the entire course of antibiotics and quit when they are feeling better. Some of those bacteria will be more resistant than others, and those will be the ones which cause a relapse, because the patient didn't continue taking their meds and kill those, too.
That new bacterial load will be descended from the resistant bacteria and will have inherited that trait.

After a few quadrillion reproductions, those bacteria will eventually dominate the strain, because they were less susceptible to the medication, and survived to reproduce with that characteristic.
Eventually, the strain of bacillus will be resistant to the antibiotic.

Without reproduction, there will be no resistant strain.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

So why are you bringing up Bacterial infections when that has nothing at all to do with the VIRAL infection this discussion is about?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Saying that someone is being sued is a common duck and weave by those without something legitimate. It is also an easy news clip for others that know nothing.

What was the basis of the suit?
When was the suit filed?
Has the trial begun?
Who are the attorneys?

Even if there is no result, news people often state there is a lawsuit as a form of slander. Often the reason for a lawsuit is to be able to slander.

It is an old and tired process. Call them out on it.

Slide Rule
Apparently some junkie died when they acquired (provenance unknown) a strain of flesh eating bacteria allegedly from a piece of needle the doctor failed to extract (or from a subsequent visit when the needle was extracted--different doctor).  Supposedly, the eight hour delay in treatment was critical to the outcome.

C S Lewis