Author Topic: Chicago deputy chief dies by apparent suicide at facility targeted recently by BLM protesters  (Read 388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago deputy chief dies by apparent suicide at facility targeted recently by BLM protesters
July 29, 2020 | Tom Tillison

Being a law enforcement officer has always been fraught with risk, as the next call a cop takes has the potential to be the last call. But the danger doesn’t stop there, as the stress of the job results in a high number of suicides within the profession.

With police under siege in America following the death of George Floyd, a top ranked member of the Chicago Police Department command staff has been found dead.

Deputy Chief Dion Boyd was found Tuesday morning at the Homan Square facility on the West Side, an apparent victim of suicide, according to CBS Chicago.

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Megan Hickey
@MeganHickeyTV
Chicago Police Supt. Brown confirms officer who died is Deputy Chief Dion Boyd.

Says he died by suicide.

Boyd had been promoted less than two weeks ago to Deputy Chief of Criminal Networks. @cbschicago

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/07/29/chicago-deputy-chief-dies-by-apparent-suicide-at-facility-targeted-recently-by-blm-protesters-953182
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sometimes we forget the mental toll of abuse that our  LEO's are seeing of late.  This occupation has taken an unneedless beating from the worst in our society.  I hope the tables are turned soon.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Lando Lincoln

CPD Deputy Chief Dion Boyd

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:23:41 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From the article linked in the OP:

In a series of tweets, Lightfoot talked about bolstering the support network for first responders and told officers they “are deserving of help and healing.”

I hope she rots from the inside out and runs down her legs.
She has a lot of damned gall after the way she treats Chicago's police.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Heartbreaking because he was one of the good guys, that puts it ALL on the line.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LottieDah

May he rest in peace and may his family find strength and solace in God's love.