Author Topic: Top Mueller prosecutor: Barr caught in a lie about Russia investigation  (Read 963 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Top Mueller prosecutor: Barr caught in a lie about Russia investigation
by Daniel Chaitin, Breaking News Editor |
 | July 28, 2020 09:30 PM

One of former special counsel Robert Mueller's top prosecutors believes Attorney General William Barr was caught making a "false statement" about the Russia investigation.

Andrew Weissmann, who was known as Mueller's "pit bull," told MSNBC that a House Democrat cornered Barr during the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday into admitting the White House did not fully cooperate with the special counsel investigation as he had claimed more than a year ago.

"I thought Rep. Neguse did a phenomenal job in cornering the attorney general in what I think is going to come out of this is something that really is a false statement. He said, 'You said in a press conference that the White House fully cooperated in the Mueller investigation,' and the attorney general would not repeat that under oath. He said, 'No, no, what I really meant was fully cooperated only with respect to document production,'" Weissmann said.

Weissmann said he "went back" and looked at the statement from Barr and found that not to be true. "He said fully cooperated with respect to documents and witnesses," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/top-mueller-prosecutor-barr-caught-in-a-lie-about-russia-investigation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Oh great....  Guess they are going to try to impeach another one...

Offline PeteS in CA

I'm sure that were the transcript of Barr's 2019 testimony and any contemporary clarifications checked, this would be found to be a false accusation. The Dems continually lie, relying on people not remembering all that was said or done.

STSB Seen This $%^& Before.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

I'm sure that were the transcript of Barr's 2019 testimony and any contemporary clarifications checked, this would be found to be a false accusation. The Dems continually lie, relying on people not remembering all that was said or done.

STSB Seen This $%^& Before.

Rep. Neguse lied, unsurprisingly. Barr's comments were specifically about Mueller having access to documents, as Barr said.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/18/transcript-barr-press-conference-1280949

In assessing the President’s actions discussed in the report, it is important to bear in mind the context. President Trump faced an unprecedented situation. As he entered into office, and sought to perform his responsibilities as President, federal agents and prosecutors were scrutinizing his conduct before and after taking office, and the conduct of some of his associates. At the same time, there was relentless speculation in the news media about the President’s personal culpability. Yet, as he said from the beginning, there was in fact no collusion. And as the Special Counsel’s report acknowledges, there is substantial evidence to show that the President was frustrated and angered by a sincere belief that the investigation was undermining his presidency, propelled by his political opponents, and fueled by illegal leaks. Nonetheless, the White House fully cooperated with the Special Counsel’s investigation, providing unfettered access to campaign and White House documents, directing senior aides to testify freely, and asserting no privilege claims. And at the same time, the President took no act that in fact deprived the Special Counsel of the documents and witnesses necessary to complete his investigation. Apart from whether the acts were obstructive, this evidence of non-corrupt motives weighs heavily against any allegation that the President had a corrupt intent to obstruct the investigation.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline verga

Only the most voracious anti-Trump bigot would believe Weissman about anything.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

Only the most voracious anti-Trump bigot would believe Weissman about anything.
No process crime too Mickey Mouse for crime fighter Andrew Weissman to prosecute.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Oh great....  Guess they are going to try to impeach another one...

I expect this is in the works and they'll pass an impeachment vote by the end of the year.   They're like pitbulls who've tasted blood and need more. 

Offline verga

I expect this is in the works and they'll pass an impeachment vote by the end of the year.   They're like pitbulls who've tasted blood and need more.
The thing is they don't realize how much they embarrassed themselves the last time.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mrclose

The democrats destroyed any legitimacy for impeachment .. for them!

Oh they can impeach alright, it's just that.. No One Gives A Damn!

Funny isn't it?

If Trumps being impeached was such a victory for them, why haven't we heard their endless boasting about it?
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline DB

If Barr is going to do anything the time is now.

There is very little time left.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Top Mueller prosecutor: Barr caught in a lie about Russia investigation
by Daniel Chaitin, Breaking News Editor |
 | July 28, 2020 09:30 PM

One of former special counsel Robert Mueller's top prosecutors believes Attorney General William Barr was caught making a "false statement" about the Russia investigation.

Andrew Weissmann, who was known as Mueller's "pit bull," told MSNBC that a House Democrat cornered Barr during the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday into admitting the White House did not fully cooperate with the special counsel investigation as he had claimed more than a year ago.

"I thought Rep. Neguse did a phenomenal job in cornering the attorney general in what I think is going to come out of this is something that really is a false statement. He said, 'You said in a press conference that the White House fully cooperated in the Mueller investigation,' and the attorney general would not repeat that under oath. He said, 'No, no, what I really meant was fully cooperated only with respect to document production,'" Weissmann said.

Weissmann said he "went back" and looked at the statement from Barr and found that not to be true. "He said fully cooperated with respect to documents and witnesses," he added.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/top-mueller-prosecutor-barr-caught-in-a-lie-about-russia-investigation
Source: Open Secrets.org -

Money to Candidates WEISSMANN, ANDREW
 BROOKLYN, NY 11201
JENNER & BLOCK07-31-2008$1,000Obama, Barack (D)

Money to Candidates WEISSMANN, ANDREW
 BROOKLYN, NY 11201
JENNER & BLOCK08-27-2008$1,300Obama, Barack (D)
Money to Parties WEISSMANN, ANDREW MR
 NEW YORK, NY 10282
JENNER & BLOCK08-03-2006$2,000DNC Services Corp
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No process crime too Mickey Mouse for crime fighter Andrew Weissman to prosecute.
Next: He only shook it twice. Everyone knows you're supposed to shake it three times!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The thing is they don't realize how much they embarrassed themselves the last time.

@verga

A politicians ego is so large a tactical nuke couldn't harm it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

They know no shame!  It is impossible to embarrass them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien