Author Topic: John Brennan blocked from accessing classified information  (Read 1438 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Brennan blocked from accessing classified information
« on: July 29, 2020, 01:49:35 pm »
by Daniel Chaitin, Breaking News Editor & Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter |
 | July 29, 2020 08:21 AM

Former CIA Director John Brennan, a vocal critic of President Trump, has been blocked from accessing his classified notes and records.

He writes in his forthcoming book, Undaunted: My Fight Against America’s Enemies, at Home and Abroad, that after months of "haggling" he discovered the CIA was abiding by the directive Trump gave in August 2018 "that purportedly forbids anyone in the intelligence community from sharing classified information with me."

The White House confirmed the directive was being enforced, which is news considering the New York Times reported in May of last year that the president never revoked Brennan's security clearance.

“The President has constitutional authority to control access to classified information, which he exercised here in view of Mr. Brennan’s erratic behavior and the President’s belief that access to classified information should be solely for the benefit of the government and the American people,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/john-brennan-blocked-from-accessing-classified-information
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: John Brennan blocked from accessing classified information
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 01:52:47 pm »
The SOB never should have had any access to begin with!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 02:59:55 pm »
Even if Brennan still has "Clearance," that does not mean he has "Access."  And kudos to the people who blocked his.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 05:16:24 pm »
His access should have ended when he left. This is normal practice in the computer hardware and software business, so why should the CIA do differently?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 05:23:36 pm »
His access should have ended when he left. This is normal practice in the computer hardware and software business, so why should the CIA do differently?

That's the way it used to be back in the day. My last clearance expired years ago so I have no idea about today's rules and regs.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 05:31:07 pm »
Didn't the President yank Brennan's clearance a year or two ago?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 05:35:01 pm »

I think so but he should not have to do that! In my day, the second you no longer had a need to know you were cut off from knowing that instant.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 05:37:48 pm »

That is a bit of a a question, because a year after the President announced he was yanking the Clearance, he still had it according to stories at the time.  Probably still does, but that doesn't mean he has Access.  Apparently he didn't retain that part. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 05:41:20 pm »
That is a bit of a a question, because a year after the President announced he was yanking the Clearance, he still had it according to stories at the time.  Probably still does, but that doesn't mean he has Access.  Apparently he didn't retain that part. :shrug:

Merely having a clearance has never been what grants one access to anything.  Need to know has always been the criteria   in my experience.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2020, 05:45:18 pm »
Merely having a clearance has never been what grants one access to anything.  Need to know has always been the criteria   in my experience.

Exactly, and it appears that did indeed get cut off back when, as it should have been!  A clean former CIA Director would have had that access cut off the minute the door hits his ass on the way out, and this cretin should have had that too.  I still want him in jail, as he is number one on my conspirators list.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 05:55:18 pm »
Exactly, and it appears that did indeed get cut off back when, as it should have been!  A clean former CIA Director would have had that access cut off the minute the door hits his ass on the way out, and this cretin should have had that too.  I still want him in jail, as he is number one on my conspirators list.

You and me both!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 01:05:10 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

Washington Examiner, Jul 29, 2020

He writes in his forthcoming book, Undaunted: My Fight Against America’s Enemies, at Home and Abroad, that after months of "haggling" he discovered the CIA was abiding by the directive Trump gave in August 2018 "that purportedly forbids anyone in the intelligence community from sharing classified information with me."

The White House confirmed the directive was being enforced, which is news considering the New York Times reported in May of last year that the president never revoked Brennan's security clearance.

“The President has constitutional authority to control access to classified information, which he exercised here in view of Mr. Brennan’s erratic behavior and the President’s belief that access to classified information should be solely for the benefit of the government and the American people,” White House spokesman Judd Deere said.

Brennan, who acknowledges he is in the "crosshairs" of the criminal inquiry into the Russia investigation led by U.S. Attorney John Durham, claimed he asked the CIA for his official records including his personal notes and any classified CIA documents that he had signed, but the agency denied his request.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/john-brennan-blocked-from-accessing-classified-information?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=widget&utm_campaign=midarticle_rec

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2020, 01:56:52 pm »
Brennan, who acknowledges he is in the "crosshairs" of the criminal inquiry into the Russia investigation led by U.S. Attorney John Durham, claimed he asked the CIA for his official records including his personal notes and any classified CIA documents that he had signed, but the agency denied his request.

Discovery starts after being indicted and is limited to materials pertaining to the charges. Evidently the CIA dismissed Brennan's red herring.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 07:19:31 am »
That's the way it used to be back in the day. My last clearance expired years ago so I have no idea about today's rules and regs.

@Bigun

Depends on the organization,and if granting you the clearance is their idea or yours. I hadn't had an active security clearance for maybe 15 years before I took a part-time contract job working with them to teach SF students,and they just pretty much gave me a secret clearance.  Not the TS clearance I used to have,but the minimum clearance needed to be allowed access to certain types of equipment and methods. I am sure they ran the standard police records checks for arrests,but I doubt it went any further than that.

For someone in  his position,it would normally be a slam-dunk,but not in his case.

Has there EVER been a former CIA director that even considered writing a "tell all book"? WTH even suspected such a thing would ever happen?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2020, 07:21:05 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

That right there pretty much says everything that needs to be said about Brennan.

Speaking of "unheard of"!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 07:23:24 am »
I think so but he should not have to do that! In my day, the second you no longer had a need to know you were cut off from knowing that instant.

@Bigun

"Need to know" has always been the prime requirement to access ANY classified info. Even stuff as mildly classified as "Confidential" or "Noforn".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 07:28:25 am »

@Cyber Liberty

Having your name on the access list is the prime concern. If it's not,you don't get in the facility or get briefed on anything going on,regardless of how high your clearance level is.

The basic rule of thumb is if you don't NEED to know something in order to do your job,you don't get access to it. Period.

I had good friends in the army,people I had known for years and hadn't seen in a while tell me,"Sorry,can't say." when I would bump into them and ask them what they were doing on their current assignment. It has to be that way. It is nothing personal and nothing to take offense at.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 07:30:17 am »

@Bigun

Yup! Your name is on the access list,or you don't get in the door,period. Doesn't matter who you are,who you know,or what rank you are.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 01:54:33 pm »
@Bigun

Yup! Your name is on the access list,or you don't get in the door,period. Doesn't matter who you are,who you know,or what rank you are.

@sneakypete I once witnessed a leg buck sergent become a staff sergent overnight because he would not allow a full bird entry into a facility. (Not on entry list.)  The Colonel was very insistent that he be let in and things escalated from there to the point that the Colonel was at risk of serious bodily injury had not the MPs showed up at that precise moment and took him into custody.  Never saw that Colonel again either.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 02:48:21 pm »
@sneakypete I once witnessed a leg buck sergent become a staff sergent overnight because he would not allow a full bird entry into a facility. (Not on entry list.)  The Colonel was very insistent that he be let in and things escalated from there to the point that the Colonel was at risk of serious bodily injury had not the MPs showed up at that precise moment and took him into custody.  Never saw that Colonel again either.

@Bigun

I miss that world where people understand and do their duty regardless of possible consequences because they know it is the right thing to do.

I had people I had never met and who I will never meet freely put their own lives at SERIOUS risk to rescue me and my team to save our lives,and most of my own relatives would let me starve to death before they would reach into their own pockets to buy me a sandwich.  "Good Christians" too. If you didn't believe it,all you had to do was ask them and they would have been happy to invite you to "Praise the Lord" with them.

Civilians don't know a single damn thing about "honor" or "duty".

I will always be grateful the army taught me about both.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 02:55:03 pm »
@Bigun

I miss that world where people understand and do their duty regardless of possible consequences because they know it is the right thing to do.

I had people I had never met and who I will never meet freely put their own lives at SERIOUS risk to rescue me and my team to save our lives,and most of my own relatives would let me starve to death before they would reach into their own pockets to buy me a sandwich.  "Good Christians" too. If you didn't believe it,all you had to do was ask them and they would have been happy to invite you to "Praise the Lord" with them.

Civilians don't know a single damn thing about "honor" or "duty".

I will always be grateful the army taught me about both.

I'll buy you a sandwich any time @sneakypete No strings attached!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 03:41:27 pm »
I'll buy you a sandwich any time @sneakypete No strings attached!

@Bigun

Right back atcha!