Author Topic: Downtown Minneapolis restaurants, bars expect 'huge loss' with no Twins foot traffic  (Read 366 times)

rangerrebew

Downtown Minneapolis restaurants, bars expect 'huge loss' with no Twins foot traffic

With a fanless home opener for the Twins on Tuesday, downtown restaurants and bars are worried about business. 

— BRIAN PETERSON/Star Tribune

By Nicole Norfleet , Star Tribune
July 28, 2020 - 5:14 AM

Tim Mahoney will still be able to hear the crack of the bat from his sports bar steps away from Target Field during the Twins’ home opener Tuesday night.

But there will be no roar of the crowd, a major blow to his and other downtown Minneapolis bars, restaurants and other businesses that depend on Twins foot traffic to buoy their sales.

“The thing about it that we are all going to miss is the excitement,” said Mahoney, owner of the Loon Cafe. “For the home opener, you can sit outside and hear the fans.”

https://m.startribune.com/downtown-mpls-restaurants-bars-expect-huge-loss-with-no-twins-foot-traffic/571921442/

rangerrebew

You don't suppose the fact it looks like a war zone has anything to do with it, do you? :whistle:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sumpin' tells me it's gonna be a while before that "foot traffic" returns.
If it ever does...

Offline cato potatoe

I have only spent a week in Minneapolis, but my impression was positive.  The mayor should be ashamed of himself for allowing the city to be ruined.

Online roamer_1

You don't suppose the fact it looks like a war zone has anything to do with it, do you? :whistle:

No, it's the foot traffic... They're pretty sure...  :silly:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A place where we've went several times, Brothers, had someone shot and killed right in front of their restaurant.

Twins game or not, I wouldn't go down there without a contingent of Marines.
The Republic is lost.