Author Topic: People in several states mailed unsolicited packets of seeds that may be from China, officials say  (Read 607 times)

Offline libertybele

People in several states mailed unsolicited packets of seeds that may be from China, officials say

Officials in several states said residents have reported receiving unsolicited packages of seeds in the mail that appear to be sent from China and are urging the public not to plant them.

The agriculture departments in Washington, Louisiana, Kansas and Virginia have recently issued statements warning residents that the seeds may be invasive or otherwise harmful to local plants or livestock. People in Utah, Arizona and Ohio have also reported receiving the mysterious packages, local news outlets reported.

Some of the packages were labeled as jewelry and may have Chinese writing on them, according to agriculture officials.

Lori Culley, who lives in Tooele, Utah, told Fox 13 she was excited to find two small packages in her mailbox that appeared to contain earrings.

“I opened them up and they were seeds,” Culley said. “Obviously they’re not jewelry.”

Culley told the outlet she posted about the strange incident on Facebook, and “at least 40 people” reached out to her saying something similar happened to them.

Mike Strain, commissioner of the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry,  asked residents to notify his department if they receive unsolicited packages of seeds, he said in a statement Friday.

“Right now, we are uncertain what types of seeds are in the package,” Strain said. "We need to identify the seeds to ensure they do not pose a risk to Louisiana’s agricultural industry or the environment.”

The Washington State Department of Agriculture warned residents not to plant or open the sealed packages and urged them to report the incident, known as "agricultural smuggling" to the U.S. Agriculture Department in a statement. The USDA did not immediately respond to a request for comment. ..............

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/27/unsolicited-packets-seeds-may-mailed-china-states-warn/5516852002/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've seen this before!  They're magic beans, capable of growing a stalk that reaches up into the cloud, where there be Giants. 

Be careful out there, everybody.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is some creepy stuff.  I wouldn't put it past the Chicoms sending bio-weapons this way.

Our local news states that if you get a packet, contact USDA.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

I've seen this before!  They're magic beans, capable of growing a stalk that reaches up into the cloud, where there be Giants. 

Sure but where else can I get me an enchanted goose?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:40:37 pm by skeeter »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline LadyLiberty

Nooooo! My sister and I (about 7 & 5 years old) saw that movie and had nightmares about the "tree monster" for years!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 07:53:21 pm by LadyLiberty »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sure but where else can I get me an enchanted goose?

@skeeter

Attend the "right" parties,and that is sure to happen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

Monday, July 27, 2020
Agricultural smuggling - a threat to farms, gardens, and our ecosystem
Karla Salp
Communications

WSDA received a report of seeds mailed from China that the recipient did not order.
On Friday, July 24, WSDA received two separate reports of residents receiving seeds from China that they did not order. The package labeling indicated that jewelry was inside, but instead the residents found seeds.

We have also received reports of people who purchased seeds from an online retailer thinking the seeds were from the United States, only to learn when the package arrived in the mail (also usually listing something other than seeds on the mailing labels) that the seeds were from another country.

Avoiding plant import regulations and bypassing customs (for example, by mislabeling a package and identifying its contents as something else) to get plant material into the United States is known as agricultural smuggling and is not only illegal, but poses a serious threat to our farms, gardens, animals, and environment.

They could be invasive. Some plants are not allowed to enter the country because they are known to be invasive, and could outcompete native plants. 

They could harbor pests and diseases. Plants and seeds can have insect or disease pests that could devastate native plants that have no defense against them. This could lead to the loss of plants or require increased pesticide use to manage.

They could harm livestock. Some plants are toxic to livestock and other animals – even humans. If they are planted, they could be harmful to livestock and other animals.  ...

More from Washington Dept. of Agriculture
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline skeeter

Nooooo! My sister and I (about 7 & 5 years old) saw that movie and had nightmares about the "tree monster" for years!

I thought I had to be the only kid in the world who had recurring tree monster nightmares.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
China plant seeds mystery solved? Police, officials think packages sent to US homes could be tied to scam reviews

https://www.foxnews.com/us/china-plant-seeds-mystery-us-homes
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What really creeped me out was

Offline verga

We got a packet the other day. I had ordered some seeds from an American Co. a couple of months ago. threw these right out.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.