Author Topic: Planned Parenthood Attack Ads Calls Hispanic Senator a “Dirty Mexican”  (Read 1222 times)

rangerrebew

Planned Parenthood Attack Ads Calls Hispanic Senator a “Dirty Mexican”

The left loves to smear its opponents as “racist” even when it’s obviously not true.

Yet, when their own leaders are caught actually being racist, the silence is deafening.

Which is why you probably haven’t heard about this disgusting Planned Parenthood ad – until now.

Planned Parenthood showed its true colors by leading a racist smear campaign against a staunchly pro-life senator in Texas.

https://christianlifedaily.com/planned-parenthood-attack-ads-calls-hispanic-senator-a-dirty-mexican/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They are attacking his religion, not his ethnicity.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

The anti-Lucio campaign has launched a website and digital ads that refer to the Senator as “Sucio Lucio” – a derogatory name that essentially means “dirty Mexican.”
That is not a comment on his Catholic faith.
Planned Parenthood Uses Racial Slur in Campaign Efforts Against Democratic State Senator
Several Democrats are criticizing Planned Parenthood Texas Votes for using the phrase “sucio” in attack ads against state Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr., since the term carries derogatory connotations in Spanish slang.
Daniel FriendJuly 3, 2020

As early as January 15 of this year, Planned Parenthood Texas Votes — the state political arm of the widely known pro-choice organization — has resorted to using the phrase “Sucio Lucio” in attacks against state Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr. (D-Brownsville). ...

Perhaps ironically, some uses of the term “sucio” are said to be “slang for one who’s ill-moraled in a sexual nature” and is compared to the use of the homosexual-disparaging term “fag.” ...

Lucio III likewise called on the organization to stop using the term “Sucio” against his family for similar reasons, emphasizing the word’s racial connotations.

“Mexican-Americans are hard-working, family-oriented individuals, never should the word dirty or its Spanish-language equivalent be used to describe one of us,” said Lucio III. ...
The Texan News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Attempting alliteration in a foreign tongue is risky business....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

They could have said "loco Lucio," but no, they had to take the low road.  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

The last sentence in the OP article:

The anti-Lucio campaign has launched a website and digital ads that refer to the Senator as “Sucio Lucio” – a derogatory name that essentially means “dirty Mexican.”

No, it does NOT "essentially mean" "Dirty Mexican" Or anything remotely close. The State Senator's family name is Lucio, and PP's ad means Senator Lucio is "dirty", sexually immoral or politically corrupt. Clickbait headlines are bad enough when they exaggerate, but that clickbait article's title is false, a lie.

I did not see a date for the article, but apparently Lucio beat his PP-backed opponent in the Primary.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The last sentence in the OP article:

No, it does NOT "essentially mean" "Dirty Mexican" Or anything remotely close. The State Senator's family name is Lucio, and PP's ad means Senator Lucio is "dirty", sexually immoral or politically corrupt. Clickbait headlines are bad enough when they exaggerate, but that clickbait article's title is false, a lie.

I did not see a date for the article, but apparently Lucio beat his PP-backed opponent in the Primary.

Not even close?  "Sucio" translates directly to "Dirty."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

Not even close?  "Sucio" translates directly to "Dirty."

And "Lucio" is the State Senator's name. Not any name or nickname for the nation of Mexico or people of Mexican heritage.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And "Lucio" is the State Senator's name. Not any name or nickname for the nation of Mexico or people of Mexican heritage.

A common epithet hurled at Mexicans is they are "dirty."  Remember the bitching about Abercromby and Fitch's T-shirt that said "New Mexico:  A lot cleaner than the old one?"  It's not a stretch for someone to see the alliteration employed by PP is a very poor attempt at cleverness, and comes across as a racial slur, especially when uttered by non-Mexicans.

Try this test:  Would you use the phrase "Sucio Lucio," knowing what "Sucio" means in English?
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That is not a comment on his Catholic faith. The Texan News
That is what you are meant to believe.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Planned Parenthood Attack Ads Calls Hispanic Senator a “Dirty Mexican”

[/quote]

@rangerrebew

Really?

That's just mind-boggling.

Given the FACT that Mexican-Americans as a group tend to be Catholics who are against abortion,NOT a good way to convince them they should vote for your candidate.

This is almost a new bottom-class of "stoopid".
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 01:07:41 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They are attacking his religion, not his ethnicity.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Either way,it's lose/lose for the left. For all practical purposes,the typical Mexican-American IS a Catholic.
You can't attack one without attacking the other.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Night Hides Not

Over 40 years ago, I entertained the owner of a hotel in Lutjenberg, back when it was called West Germany. I spent many evenings during the summer of ‘79 in his bar, drinking beer and improving my German. He liked the way I converted American terms into German. About the only one I can remember after all these years is “damentotschlager”: lady killer.

Usually, I helped him close the bar at daybreak, around 4 AM. I then drove over to my girlfriend’s house for breakfast: coffee and zweibelrost on toast...raw hamburger with diced onions. On German bread, it paired nicely with coffee. She worked as a waitress, and finished work around 4.

Apologies for going off topic...blame it on Covid.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline PeteS in CA

The discussion above aside, it occurred to me that PP's campaign line was clearly not written by someone who speaks even a little Spanish. Why, here's an example, using corrent Spanish grammar:

"Black Cat" = "Gato Negro"

IOW, noun first, then the adjective. Not adjective before the noun as in English grammar.  888high58888 Planned Parenthood! 888high58888  :sarc:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The discussion above aside, it occurred to me that PP's campaign line was clearly not written by someone who speaks even a little Spanish. Why, here's an example, using corrent Spanish grammar:

"Black Cat" = "Gato Negro"

IOW, noun first, then the adjective. Not adjective before the noun as in English grammar.  888high58888 Planned Parenthood! 888high58888  :sarc:

We can't expect Planned Parenthood to understand English, let alone Spanish.  I am not about to give these Godless heathens the benefit of the linguistic doubt.
I will NOT comply.