Author Topic: John Lewis has 'come home': Civil rights hero honored in his Alabama hometown  (Read 311 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

John Lewis has 'come home': Civil rights hero honored in his Alabama hometown
MSN, Jul 25, 2020, NBC News

A celebration of the life of Rep. John Lewis, a hero of the civil rights movement and longtime Georgia congressman, began Saturday in Troy, Alabama. The memorials will continue over six days in five cities. 

Congressman Lewis has "come home," Troy Mayor Jason Reeves said at the start of the service Saturday morning in the city where Lewis, a son of sharecroppers, was born in 1940.  [...]

His body was brought Saturday morning from an Atlanta funeral home to his hometown for the service at Troy University that four of his sibling were to attend and where gospel singer Dottie Peoples performed.

<snip>

The tribute to his life and accomplishments will continue over the next several days in Montgomery, Alabama and Washington, D.C. before he returns to Atlanta, where Lewis will be interred Thursday.

Read more:  http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/john-lewis-has-come-home-civil-rights-hero-honored-in-his-alabama-hometown/ar-BB17bo3W?ocid=ientp

Offline mountaineer

I demand at least three more non-socially-distanced funerals.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I demand at least three more non-socially-distanced funerals.

Dims are experts at funeral traveling road sideshows. Just need some barkers and someone to run concessions.

Milk it baby.....Milk it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.