Author Topic: Alaska High School Teacher Shoots Moose and Has Students Butcher It to Learn Life Skills  (Read 417 times)

Offline mountaineer

I love this!
Alaska High School Teacher Shoots Moose and Has Students Butcher It to Learn Life Skills
July 23, 2020

Hunting and trapping is still a common way of life in America’s “last frontier,” but it’s not usually included in public school curriculum.

Alaska high school teacher Brian Mason isn’t your average teacher. He recently came rolling into class with a dead moose in the back of his truck that he shot and killed himself.

He had his 30 students help him unload his kill, gave them each a four-inch boning knife, and taught them to de-bone, trim, process and package the meat properly. ...

More at Return to Now
No snowflake soyboys here.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

I would have loved to have had this teacher.

My tennis coach would take me fishing after tennis practice, to a different tank (pond), every time.  It was a great experience.  I can't see that happening with today's snowflakes.

Offline PeteS in CA

Better than dissecting frogs!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I love this!No snowflake soyboys here.
What an excellent life skills opportunity for these youngsters!

Pity there aren't more like this in the lower 48. (I remember when the pickups at the high school had full gun racks in the back windows, and first day of deer season was a school holiday.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Sweeet. Now all he needs to do is write a book:

How to Get Your Moose Cut and Wrapped for FREE.

LOL! No really, this is aright. They are Alaskan kids... Mountain kids. No doubt the most of em have done it before. But I'd be mad as hell if my teacher brought meat in to butcher.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Has PETA weighed in on this matter?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.