Author Topic: Detroit Police Chief on Preventing Riots, Damage: ‘We Don’t Retreat’  (Read 966 times)

rangerrebew

Detroit Police Chief on Preventing Riots, Damage: ‘We Don’t Retreat’
By Andrew Davenport | July 31, 2020 | 12:23pm EDT

Explaining how the police have succeeded in preventing riots or at least limiting the damage from riots caused by Black Lives Matter protests, Detroit Police Chief James Craig said, “We don’t retreat here in Detroit.”

“We’re just not going to do it,” Chief Craig said on FNC’s Tucker Carlson Tonight, July 28.  “You saw the images, Tucker, of streets where there was lawlessness, looting, burning, no sight of police officers. We weren’t giving up ground to the radicals.”

https://cnsnews.com/index.php/blog/andrew-davenport/detroit-police-chief-preventing-riots-damage-we-dont-retreat

rangerrebew

How long before he's declared racist and fired? *hmmmm*

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The Chief says the Mayor stands with the police, the community backs the police. Those are the three legs that are needed for the city to stand.

They are not present elsewhere with the Mayors undermining law enforcement efforts and city councils calling for dissolution of the police departments, an environment that cannot fail to foster radical 'vigilante' groups 'upholding' whatever they decide to be the law against whomever they decide it applies to --or not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Good for the city of Detroit!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Good for the city of Detroit!
Well, what's left of it from the last time they had major riots, anyway.

They learned. With people like "the Rehab Addict" doing shows about buying and restoring homes which were nice places once in an urban wasteland, letting some jerks come in and destroy that narrative isn't good for the City or their jobs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cripplecreek  used to talk about Deetroit...said it's been on a long, slow turnaround.  They encourage people to carry in Detroit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote:
"Cripplecreek  used to talk about Deetroit...said it's been on a long, slow turnaround.  They encourage people to carry in Detroit."

Who woulda thunk that Detroit could have a better future in front of it than do Portland, Seattle, or Minneapolis...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Cyber wrote:
"Cripplecreek  used to talk about Deetroit...said it's been on a long, slow turnaround.  They encourage people to carry in Detroit."

Who woulda thunk that Detroit could have a better future in front of it than do Portland, Seattle, or Minneapolis...?

There hasn't been anything worth destroying in years.  Portland and Seattle still have lots of unbroken windows. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe they got help from the Doctor

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe they got help from the Doctor

Everybody can use a good Chiropractor.
I will NOT comply.