Author Topic: Tropical Storm Hanna Slowly Moving Toward Texas  (Read 2239 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Tropical Storm Hanna Slowly Moving Toward Texas
« on: July 24, 2020, 12:19:33 pm »
Ice Age Now  July 23, 2020 by Robert

RAINFALL: Hanna is expected to produce 3 to 5 inches of rain with isolated maximum totals of 10 inches through Monday along the Gulf Coast of the United States from Louisiana to south Texas, and inland to the Mexican states of Coahuila, Nuevo Leon, and northern Tamaulipas. This rain may result in life-threatening flash flooding, rapid rises on small streams, and isolated minor to moderate river flooding.

NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL AL082020
100 AM CDT Fri Jul 24 2020

…HANNA CONTINUES MOVING SLOWLY WEST-NORTHWESTWARD TOWARD TEXAS…

LOCATION…ABOUT 360 MI…575 KM ESE OF CORPUS CHRISTI TEXAS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS…40 MPH…65 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT…WNW OR 285 DEGREES AT 7 MPH…11 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE…1002 MB…29.59 INCHES

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for… * Mouth of the Rio Grande to San Luis Pass Texas

A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for… * San Luis Pass to High Island Texas

More: https://www.iceagenow.info/tropical-storm-hanna-slowly-moving-toward-texas/#more-32486

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Tropical Storm Hanna Slowly Moving Toward Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 12:50:52 pm »
My hay field could use some rain.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 12:51:46 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

I have a genius friend who lives in Corpus Christi.  His actual job is teaching physics in the college there.  When a storm/whatever comes to Corpus, he is in charge of communications for the main hospital.  There is a special room for him there with all possible ways of communications.  I will send him an email to find out what is happening there.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 01:18:51 pm »
Hannah Storm?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 01:21:12 pm by FeelNoPain »
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 01:28:51 pm »
LOL, I remember when she used to work for the local radio station years ago.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 01:54:26 pm »
:bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 01:26:38 pm »
Hanna becomes first hurricane of 2020 Atlantic hurricane season as it barrels toward Texas

CBS News

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane-hanna-first-atlantic-2020-season-barrels-toward-texas-coast-today-2020-07-25/

Hanna becomes first hurricane of 2020 Atlantic hurricane season as it barrels toward Texas

Updated on: July 25, 2020 / 8:57 AM / CBS/AP

Tropical Storm Hanna was upgraded to a hurricane Saturday, moving toward the Texas coast and threatening to bring heavy rain, storm surge and possible tornadoes. Hanna is now the first hurricane of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Maximum sustained winds increased to 75 mph, the hurricane center said in a Saturday morning update. The storm was centered about 100 miles east-southeast of Corpus Christi, Texas and was moving west at 9 mph.

A storm surge warning in effect from Baffin Bay to Sargent was extended south of the bay to Port Mansfield, Texas. Storm surge up to 5 feet was forecast for that area. People were advised to protect life and property from high water.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 01:29:25 pm »
Just now got hit with some heavy rain in SE Houston.

My son just txt'd he's getting hit in Boca Chica already.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:30:54 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 05:37:41 pm »
Thinking of all who live in Texas.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2020, 05:43:39 pm »
Thinking of all who live in Texas.

I live in Texas and will be lucky to get a much needed rain shower out of this.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2020, 05:51:57 pm »
I live in Texas and will be lucky to get a much needed rain shower out of this.
Same here...   We need rain badly.  We seem to have grass fires daily now.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2020, 07:23:03 pm »
And something is due to hit Hawaii too?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2020, 07:25:03 pm »
And something is due to hit Hawaii too?

"Douglas"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2020, 11:27:49 pm »
Heard Hanna just hit landfall. Stay safe folks.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2020, 11:45:31 pm »
Heard Hanna just hit landfall. Stay safe folks.

Way in the distance.  Two fairly brief storm feeder bands  couple of hours ago, and a 1/4 inch of rain.  Not getting the 2-3 they were expecting.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2020, 12:19:04 am »
Hurricane Hanna makes landfall on Padre Island, COVID-19 complicates storm response

Houston Chronicle by  Dylan McGuinness and Erin Douglas July 25, 2020

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Hurricane-Hanna-heads-for-South-Texas-coast-15433824.php

Gov. Greg Abbott issued a disaster declaration Saturday for 32 South Texas counties facing Hurricane Hanna, a dangerous storm the governor said is exacerbated by the challenge of COVID-19.

Strong wind gusts, storm surges and heavy rainfall that can cause life-threatening flash flooding threatened the lower Rio Grande Valley and Corpus Christi areas on Saturday. At the same time, emergency efforts in Texas were complicated by COVID-19, which continues to spread rapidly throughout Texas, particularly in the same South Texas regions hit by Hanna.

Abbott warned that the storm may worsen the COVID-19 pandemic in those areas, and he implored residents to keep the virus in mind as they seek to protect their lives and loved ones.

“Any hurricane is an enormous challenge,” Abbott said. “This challenge is complicated and made even more severe, seeing that it is sweeping through an area that is the most challenged area in the state for COVID-19.”

More at link.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2020, 02:40:41 pm »
Hurricane "Hanna" makes historic landfall in Texas as first rapidly intensifying named storm of 2020

https://watchers.news/2020/07/27/hurricane-hanna-makes-historic-landfall-in-texas-as-first-rapidly-intensifying-named-storm-of-2020/

Category 1 Hurricane "Hanna" made landfall on Padre Island, Texas, at around 22:00 UTC (17:00 LT) on July 25, 2020, as the first rapidly-intensifying named storm of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season. The state now has 9 hurricane landfalls in July since 1851, which is more than any other state in the U.S. As of 21:00 UTC on July 26, the storm has weakened into a depression with maximum sustained winds of about 56 km/h (35 mph). Its center was located near Monterrey, Mexico.

According to Philip Klotzbach, a meteorologist at CSU specializing in Atlantic basin seasonal hurricane forecasts, Hanna has intensified from 72 to 129 km/h (45 to 80 mph) maximum winds in 24 hours to July 25, making it the first rapidly intensifying named storm of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season.

The eye then made landfall on Padre Island with maximum sustained winds of 150 km/h (90 mph). Klotzbach added that this was the strongest July hurricane in Texas since Claudette in 2003, which also had the same maximum sustained wind speed.

Category 1 Hurricane "Hanna" made landfall on Padre Island, Texas, at around 22:00 UTC (17:00 LT) on July 25, 2020, as the first rapidly-intensifying named storm of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season. The state now has 9 hurricane landfalls in July since 1851, which is more than any other state in the U.S. As of 21:00 UTC on July 26, the storm has weakened into a depression with maximum sustained winds of about 56 km/h (35 mph). Its center was located near Monterrey, Mexico.

According to Philip Klotzbach, a meteorologist at CSU specializing in Atlantic basin seasonal hurricane forecasts, Hanna has intensified from 72 to 129 km/h (45 to 80 mph) maximum winds in 24 hours to July 25, making it the first rapidly intensifying named storm of the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season.

The eye then made landfall on Padre Island with maximum sustained winds of 150 km/h (90 mph). Klotzbach added that this was the strongest July hurricane in Texas since Claudette in 2003, which also had the same maximum sustained wind speed.

Early Sunday morning, July 26, more than 280 000 customers across South Texas were without power. Of those, 200 000 in Corpus Christi, Laredo and Rio Grande Valley districts. By Monday morning, July 26, the number of customers without power dropped down to 65 400.

More at link.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2020, 02:41:42 pm »
Hurricane "Hanna" makes historic landfall in Texas as first rapidly intensifying named storm of 2020

https://watchers.news/2020/07/27/hurricane-hanna-makes-historic-landfall-in-texas-as-first-rapidly-intensifying-named-storm-of-2020/
All we got out of it was a few clouds...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2020, 02:51:12 pm »

In what way was this landfall "historic?"
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2020, 02:52:45 pm »
I got around 3 inches in SE Houston.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 02:55:15 pm »
In what way was this landfall "historic?"

Pure bean counting: The state now has 9 hurricane landfalls in July since 1851, which is more than any other state in the U.S.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 03:01:34 pm »
Pure bean counting: The state now has 9 hurricane landfalls in July since 1851, which is more than any other state in the U.S.

:thumbsup:
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2020, 03:07:37 pm »
All we got out of it was a few clouds...

I have been watching and tracking hurricanes even well before Camille.  Calling this storm "historic" gets the Drama Queen award for the tropics so far this year.  And just beating this headlines....   "Hanna slams into COVID-19 Hotspot".
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2020, 03:09:37 pm »
I got around 3 inches in SE Houston.

2- 1/4" rains.  What a bust.  Wife even had to water the garden. 

Of course, I also witnessed a 55" rain in Harvey, so I guess I can count my blessings.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:10:26 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 12:17:06 am »
I have been watching and tracking hurricanes even well before Camille.  Calling this storm "historic" gets the Drama Queen award for the tropics so far this year.  And just beating this headlines....   "Hanna slams into COVID-19 Hotspot".
I go further back than that.  When I was a kid my dad was a meteorologist working at the Weather Bureau at the Galveston airport when Carla hit.

That one was historic due to the tide surges and high winds over a large area, with Galveston the bullseye.  It swamped our house in La Marque.

Camille was downright deadly as it was essentially an enormous tornado when it hit.  A few months after it hit I recall seeing the slab of the apartment complex where so many died having a hurricane party.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 12:27:29 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington