Author Topic: New study finds hydroxychloroquine ineffective at treating COVID-19  (Read 439 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New study finds hydroxychloroquine ineffective at treating COVID-19
By Jessie Hellmann - 07/23/20 05:04 PM EDT

Another study has found that an antimalarial drug touted by President Trump and his top advisers is not effective at treating COVID-19 and may cause adverse effects.

The study, published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine, found that hydroxychloroquine did not improve outcomes for the 667 COVID-19 patients participating in a randomized trial at 55 Brazilian hospitals.

In the study, patients with mild to moderate COVID-19 illness were split into three groups, in which one group received hydroxychloroquine, another group received the drug along with azithromycin — an antibiotic — and the last group received neither.

All groups received standard care for COVID-19.

The study found a 7-day course of hydroxychloroquine, with or without the antibiotic, did not result in better outcomes.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/508782-new-study-finds-hydroxychloroquine-ineffective-at-treating-covid-19
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

Re: New study finds hydroxychloroquine ineffective at treating COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 09:22:52 pm »
AGAIN with the omission of zinc.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 10:10:12 pm »
LOL!  Time for another spin on the wheel.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 02:58:32 pm »
Friday, July 24, 2020
Democrats killed thousands to get back at Trump
When President Donald John Trump said the use of hydroxychloroquine and zinc could be a game changer in fighting covid 19, Democrats panicked. Their death wish was doomed. They immediately instructed reporters at the press briefing on how to attack HCQ.

I know because I read the reporters' tweets in real time.

The arguments were that it was an unproven treatment (wrong: Dr. Didier Raoult already had success in Marseilles), that it was dangerous (wrong: we already knew the maximum amount that was safe thanks to decades of use in other applications) and that President Trump did not know what he was talking about (wrong: just as he was right about Obama spying on him, the media was in its "without evidence" denial).

Democrats succeeded in reducing HCQ use. Thousands died.

Don't take my word for it. Harvey A. Risch of Yale says we could have saved up to 100,000 people if we had used HCQ early and often.

Dr. Risch's work has been cited in 39,900 research papers. I am not saying he is an expert; the experts are. ...
More from Don Surber
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 03:04:49 pm »
Friday, July 24, 2020
Democrats killed thousands to get back at TrumpMore from Don Surber

It does not come as a surprise that the people who claim we need to break some eggs if we are to make an omelet, would be willing to make people die for political gain. 

These are truly evil people.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: