Author Topic: Federal Judge Orders Michael Cohen Released from Prison  (Read 407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Federal Judge Orders Michael Cohen Released from Prison
« on: July 23, 2020, 05:11:56 pm »
Hannah Bleau 23 Jul 2020

A federal judge on Thursday ordered former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen released from prison and into home confinement, ruling he was sent back into federal custody earlier this month in retaliation for a forthcoming tell-all book.

Judge Alvin Hellerstein concluded Cohen, who was put back in federal custody after being temporarily released due to coronavirus-related concerns, had been returned to prison in retaliation for “failing to agree a day earlier to not to publish a book about Trump as one of multiple conditions for serving the remainder of his three-year prison term on home confinement,” according to CNBC.

“The purpose of transferring Mr. Cohen from furlough and home confinement to jail is retaliatory and its retaliatory because of his desire to exercise his first amendment rights to publish a book and discuss anything about the book or anything else he wants on social media and others,” Hellerstein ruled.

CNBC reported:

Cohen had been furloughed from prison in late May due to concerns about the coronavirus pandemic. Shortly before being taken into custody he had been posting on social media about his upcoming book, which is going to be critical of Trump.

“I’ve never seen such a clause, in 21 years in being a judge,” Hellerstein said at a Manhattan federal court hearing, where he questioned the condition that Cohen not publish a book while in home confinement.

“How can I take any other inference but that it was retaliatory? “the judge asked at the hearing, which was held in response to Cohen suing to win his re-release from prison.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/23/federal-judge-orders-michael-cohen-released-from-prison/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Federal Judge Orders Michael Cohen Released from Prison
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 06:12:07 pm »
I thought he was in Prison because he violated his house arrest?  According the CNBC the sole reason was the book deal and I just don't think that was the case made when he was put back in prison.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 06:20:38 pm »
I thought he was in Prison because he violated his house arrest?  According the CNBC the sole reason was the book deal and I just don't think that was the case made when he was put back in prison.

That's what I thought too --  he had been photographed dining out with his wife and another couple.  But I admit I hadn't followed the story since Cohen was hauled back to the slammer.    Interesting.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 06:28:11 pm »
That's what I thought too --  he had been photographed dining out with his wife and another couple.  But I admit I hadn't followed the story since Cohen was hauled back to the slammer.    Interesting.

I followed it well enough to know it was his sojourn to an upscale restaurant that triggered the Violation of Terms of Release.  It had nothing to do with any book, because that will come out regardless of Cohen's status as "incarcerated." 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 06:39:06 pm »
Oh goody another 'book'.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 08:19:04 pm »
I was just reading up on the judge in this case, Alvin Hellerstein.  He presided over the Harvey Weinstein case last year.  Plus, he was nominated to the bench by Bill Clinton.

So I expect now we will hear the conspiracy theory that the Clintons reached out to the judge to spring Cohen from jai so he could write his book.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Practical

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 11:00:40 pm »
That's favored son status right there!
If you think I suck now, you should listen to my podcast! ThePodocasts.com

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 01:29:24 am »
That's favored son status right there!

It sure is!  We're in the wrong party for graft.
I will NOT comply.