Author Topic: US Orders Chinese Consulate in Houston to Close  (Read 285 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
US Orders Chinese Consulate in Houston to Close
« on: July 22, 2020, 01:46:03 pm »
US Orders Chinese Consulate in Houston to Close

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us-orders-chinese-consulate-in-houston-to-close_3433789.html

The United States on July 22 said it ordered the Chinese consulate in Houston to close, according to State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus.

“The United States will not tolerate the PRC’s violations of our sovereignty and intimidation of our people, just as we have not tolerated the PRC’s unfair trade practices, theft of American jobs, and other egregious behavior. President Trump insists on fairness and reciprocity in U.S.-China relations,” Ortagus said in a statement emailed to The Epoch Times.

“We have directed the closure of PRC consulate general Houston, in order to protect American intellectual property and Americans’ private information.”...

Excerpt: rest at above link.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Re: US Orders Chinese Consulate in Houston to Close
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 01:47:56 pm »
There's more to this story... it'll be interesting to hear the details.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: US Orders Chinese Consulate in Houston to Close
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 01:53:18 pm »
There's more to this story... it'll be interesting to hear the details.

There was a local news story last night about a fire there that the Fire department was denied entrance to fight. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien