Author Topic: James Comey: Trump’s Portland Crackdown ‘the Stuff of American Nightmares Since 1776’  (Read 1118 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joshua Caplan 21 Jul 2020

Fired FBI director James Comey on Tuesday criticized the Trump administration’s crackdown on ongoing riots in the Democrat-controlled city of Portland, branding it “the stuff of American nightmares since 1776.”

“With some protesters itching for street confrontations with officers in full tactical gear, federal officials are giving a small group of violent people what they want,” Comey wrote in an op-ed for the Washington Post. “[T]hey are giving the citizens of Portland — and the rest of us, no matter our politics — what we don’t want: the specter of unconstrained and anonymous force from a central government authority. It has been the stuff of American nightmares since 1776.”

“Is televised conflict the goal?” Comey then asked.

“What better way for Trump to demonstrate to his followers that he is ‘your president of law and order’ than to deploy highly visible federal officers, and in a way that is sure to invite violent conflict, which, of course, demonstrates the need for a law-and-order president?” he added.

Comey’s remarks come as Trump administration officials have defended sending badgeless federal officers to quash coordinated violence in Portland.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/21/james-comey-trumps-portland-crackdown-the-stuff-of-american-nightmares-since-1776/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hey Comey aren't you about to get indicted for treason?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How did this guy get to become the Feeb director?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Serious question:

How is it even possible that this man is not in custody behind bars yet?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
A few targeted and relatively peaceful arrests is "unconstrained and anonymous force"?

I disagree.  Real "unconstrained and anonymous force" would be JDAMs from 20,000 ft.

This is pretty effing mild compared to what much of America would outright stand up and cheer, and well within the law.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hey Comey aren't you about to get indicted for treason?

I doubt that. The American way is for underlings to take fall for the bigs.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Smokin Joe

Just imagine one of these filled with capsacin...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

William Jefferson Clinton.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

"Badgeless" officers? Oh, the humanity.

Andy Ngô @MrAndyNgo
.@CBPMarkMorgan shuts down antifa lie that DHS officers are "unidentified." Every officer is identified clearly on the front, back & sides. They no longer display a name because of doxing that endangers their families. Instead, they wear an ID patch. https://youtube.com/watch?v=TbEyc11EpY8&feature=youtu.be
10:11 PM · Jul 21, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.

Affirmative Action?  :tongue2:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline andy58-in-nh

I am really beginning to think that we ought to remove the Federal troops from Portland and give it over to the Zombies and the Zulus.

Let it burn. And when it does: screw 'em.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline skeeter

William Jefferson Clinton.

Does anyone else find it galling that a guy who with a few others attempted to overturn the results of a duly constituted presidential election says something as ludicrous as this?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Does anyone else find it galling that a guy who with a few others attempted to overturn the results of a duly constituted presidential election says something as ludicrous as this?

I find it galling that I was half a world away fighting Communist in a foreign land at age 19 and now have to fight them here at age 71! 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

“Is televised conflict the goal?” Comey then asked

You should ask the a__holes that have been tearing everything down for the last 50 days.

Actually, longer than that.

Portland was a basket case long before George Floyd.

Online Smokin Joe

Affirmative Action?  :tongue2:
Peter Principle: They rise to their highest level of incompetence.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

I find it galling that I was half a world away fighting Communist in a foreign land at age 19 and now have to fight them here at age 71!
Fighting them is one thing, it's just that the rules of engagement suck.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

I am really beginning to think that we ought to remove the Federal troops from Portland and give it over to the Zombies and the Zulus.

Let it burn. And when it does: screw 'em.
I'm beginning to think we are building fences in the wrong places.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Peter Principle: They rise to their highest level of incompetence.

Nope!  Absolute loyalty!  That SOB had zero law enforcement background when Slick Willie elevated him!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Fighting them is one thing, it's just that the rules of engagement suck.

:yowsa: Definitely!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Calling all 18-wheelers ...

Offline mountaineer

James Comey @Comey
New book coming. I hope it will be useful as our country works — starting in 2021 — to restore faith in Justice.
10:31 AM · Jul 22, 2020

Online Smokin Joe

Can we just use this?

An Act in Addition to the Act, Entitled "An Act for the Punishment of Certain Crimes Against the United States

SECTION 1. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America, in Congress assembled, That if any persons shall unlawfully combine or conspire together, with intent to oppose any measure or measures of the government of the United States, which are or shall be directed by proper authority, or to impede the operation of any law of the United States, or to intimidate or prevent any person holding a place or office in or under the government of the United States, from undertaking, performing or executing his trust or duty, and if any person or persons, with intent as aforesaid, shall counsel, advise or attempt to procure any insurrection, riot, unlawful assembly, or combination, whether such conspiracy, threatening, counsel, advice, or attempt shall have the proposed effect or not, he or they shall be deemed guilty of a high misdemeanor, and on conviction, before any court of the United States having jurisdiction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding five thousand dollars, and by imprisonment during a term not less than six months nor exceeding five years; and further, at the discretion of the court may be ho]den to find sureties for his good behaviour in such sum, and for such time, as the said court may direct.

SEC. 2. And be it farther enacted, That if any person shall write, print, utter or publish, or shall cause or procure to be written, printed, uttered or published, or shall knowingly and willingly assist or aid in writing, printing, uttering or publishing any false, scandalous and malicious writing or writings against the government of the United States, or either house of the Congress of the United States, or the President of the United States, with intent to defame the said government, or either house of the said Congress, or the said President, or to bring them, or either of them, into contempt or disrepute; or to excite against them, or either or any of them, the hatred of the good people of the United States, or to stir up sedition within the United States, or to excite any unlawful combinations therein, for opposing or resisting any law of the United States, or any act of the President of the United States, done in pursuance of any such law, or of the powers in him vested by the constitution of the United States, or to resist, oppose, or defeat any such law or act, or to aid, encourage or abet any hostile designs of any foreign nation against United States, their people or government, then such person, being thereof convicted before any court of the United States having jurisdiction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand dollars, and by imprisonment not exceeding two years.

SEC. 3. And be it further enacted and declared, That if any person shall be prosecuted under this act, for the writing or publishing any libel aforesaid, it shall be lawful for the defendant, upon the trial of the cause, to give in evidence in his defence, the truth of the matter contained in Republication charged as a libel. And the jury who shall try the cause, shall have a right to determine the law and the fact, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.

SEC. 4. And be it further enacted, That this act shall continue and be in force until the third day of March, one thousand eight hundred and one, and no longer: Provided, that the expiration of the act shall not prevent or defeat a prosecution and punishment of any offence against the law, during the time it shall be in force.

APPROVED, July 14, 1798.

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/sedact.asp

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

No, unless amended:

SEC. 4. And be it further enacted, That this act shall continue and be in force until the third day of March, one thousand eight hundred and one, and no longer: Provided, that the expiration of the act shall not prevent or defeat a prosecution and punishment of any offence against the law, during the time it shall be in force.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

No, unless amended:
Well, let's strip that out of it and run it through as an amendment or rider in the next big money bill.... 888bravo

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
When will it be "time"?

The Constitution contains (Article 4, Section 4):
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence.

We are approaching a point -- at least in Portland -- where the actions (or inactions, if you wish to call them that) of the municipal authorities are now in direct conflict with Article 4, Section 4.

That is to say, persons such as:
- The mayor of Portland
- The police commissioner of Portland and other high police department officials
- The city council of Portland, and others
- The district attorney of Portland, and others in that office
... may be considered as conspiring to violate the civil rights and equal protection of the laws that are guaranteed to the citizens of Portland.

As such, it has become necessary to call them out on this...
By ARRESTING them and charging them with violating Article 4, section 4 and the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.

And if the federal "agents" operating in the vicinity of the Federal building in Portland aren't enough to control the area, it's time to "send in the troops" to restore order on the streets. With the use of all options to force as required.

The Portland police rank-and-file should be placed under temporary command of the feds -- since the "current authority" over them (mayor and police commissioner) seem to be ordering them NOT to perform the duties that police are sworn to do.

If there is a deputy mayor, and if that person also refuses to get the city under control, then he/she too should be removed from that position.

If need be, a federal or military administrator should be installed until order is restored.

---------------------------------------------

It's easy to sit back and say, "let it burn".
And I really wouldn't care if every building owned by every leftist there burnt to the ground (with them inside).
BUT...

Our inaction will only encourage the communists to escalate their anarchy/insurgency. What we consider "restraint", they perceive as "failure".
After all, from their position, our side is unwilling, unable, or simply afraid to fight back.
Not only do the communists see this, so do many of the American people, too.

The left has a goal, and right now, they're winning.
What do we have?