Author Topic: Trump says coronavirus will 'get worse before it gets better'  (Read 556 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says coronavirus will 'get worse before it gets better'
By Morgan Chalfant - 07/21/20 05:47 PM EDT

President Trump said Tuesday that the novel coronavirus outbreak in the United States would “get worse before it gets better” amid surges in cases in parts of the country.

“It will probably, unfortunately, get worse before it gets better,” Trump, reading from prepared remarks, told reporters at a White House briefing Tuesday evening.

Trump went on to implore Americans to wear masks, physically distance and wash their hands, and urged young Americans to avoid bars.

“We’re asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask,” Trump said. “Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact. They’ll have an effect, and we need everything we can get.”

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/508410-trump-says-coronavirus-will-get-worse-before-it-gets-better
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump says coronavirus will 'get worse before it gets better'
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 10:18:43 pm »
About time Trump takes this virus seriously. 

But I notice from a brief clip of the press conference, he wasn't wearing a mask.  He still doesn't follow the recommendations he is giving to the rest of us.  And that sort of chit from him and my state and local officials still grinds my gears.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 11:30:03 pm »

But I notice from a brief clip of the press conference, he wasn't wearing a mask.  He still doesn't follow the recommendations he is giving to the rest of us.  And that sort of chit from him and my state and local officials still grinds my gears.

I think he's always taken it seriously.  He reacted very quickly.  As for wearing a mask...if you are talking about him wearing a mask while he's doing the briefings, that to me is to be expected.  It is difficult to understand people when they are speaking with a mask on (at least that is what I have personally found).
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 11:55:54 pm »

Are you serious???!?

Trump has been taking it seriously since before he was called a racist for shutting off flights from China in January.  And get over your mask fetish.  Why should a man standing at minimum 10 feet away from the crowd wear a mask that doesn't even help at 3 feet?

Trump takes it a lot more seriously than anybody else, maybe even you.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 11:59:00 pm »
I think he's always taken it seriously.  He reacted very quickly.  As for wearing a mask...if you are talking about him wearing a mask while he's doing the briefings, that to me is to be expected.  It is difficult to understand people when they are speaking with a mask on (at least that is what I have personally found).

I watch the local news -- lately, they have been interviewing people with and without masks.  Even though I am hard of hearing, I can understand both equally well.  The tv stations have some good sound equipment which helps.   I should think at these news conferences, they would have the same or similar sound equipment, which would make Trump easy to understand.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 12:18:58 am »
I watch the local news -- lately, they have been interviewing people with and without masks.  Even though I am hard of hearing, I can understand both equally well.  The tv stations have some good sound equipment which helps.   I should think at these news conferences, they would have the same or similar sound equipment, which would make Trump easy to understand.

I have a hearing loss as well and as a result, I read lips very well.  You can't do that when people wear masks.

Sorry, but I have to give the President a pass on this one.  He's far enough away that a mask makes no sense and I like to be able to read and see people's facial  expressions while they are speaking; as President, I think that's of importance when he's speaking -- you just can't do that if he's wearing a mask. Perhaps to appease people, he might walk into the presser wearing a mask and take it off to speak and then put the mask back on as he leaves the podium.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:19:44 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 12:25:20 am »
I have a hearing loss as well and as a result, I read lips very well.  You can't do that when people wear masks.

Sorry, but I have to give the President a pass on this one.  He's far enough away that a mask makes no sense and I like to be able to read and see people's facial  expressions while they are speaking; as President, I think that's of importance when he's speaking -- you just can't do that if he's wearing a mask. Perhaps to appease people, he might walk into the presser wearing a mask and take it off to speak and then put the mask back on as he leaves the podium.

I am forced to admit that I enjoy the visuals of a bunch of leftist presstitutes tied down with masks while The Big Guy addresses them au natural.  All you can see of them are their angry/pleading eyes.  I find that amusing, am I wrong?  Two can play at this symbolism racket, dammit.

Maybe I'm in a mood because I just saw Tucker's segment on the behavior of the Press in the pressers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: