Author Topic: Republican Rand Paul Breaks With Trump Over Portland: 'Cannot Give Up Liberty for Security'  (Read 1243 times)

Offline skeeter

I'm worried about individuals impersonating these nameless, unidentified, fatigue-wearing Feds in unmarked vehicles kidnapping and disappearing a couple of these protesters.

I'm very worried, too.  000hehehehe

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm worried about individuals impersonating these nameless, unidentified, fatigue-wearing Feds in unmarked vehicles kidnapping and disappearing a couple of these protesters.

The more successful the leftists are at eliminating the Police, the more private "Regulators" will become a fixture of the streets.  What you describe will happen as a natural consequence of the left's actions in this regard.  The citizens WILL have law and order, one way or another.

And we, as a nation, will have taken a giant leap down the slippery slope of tyranny.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
The more successful the leftists are at eliminating the Police, the more private "Regulators" will become a fixture of the streets.  What you describe will happen as a natural consequence of the left's actions in this regard.  The citizens WILL have law and order, one way or another.

And we, as a nation, will have taken a giant leap down the slippery slope of tyranny.

If the left is successful at eliminating local police through legislative means, then isn't that a function of democracy? I wouldn't want to live in such a shithole utopia, but if that is what a majority of those citizens purport to want by voting in advocates of such insanity, then shouldn't they be left to their own de(vices)?
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If the left is successful at eliminating local police through legislative means, then isn't that a function of democracy? I wouldn't want to live in such a shithole utopia, but if that is what a majority of those citizens purport to want by voting in advocates of such insanity, then shouldn't they be left to their own de(vices)?

I agree with all of that.  If the Rats succeed in eliminating the Police, they will own the results, because of the Pottery Barn rules.  If they break it, they own it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Republican Rand Paul Breaks With Trump Over Portland: 'Cannot Give Up Liberty for Security'

Liberty does not exist when the brown shirts are in control.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
While that could happen, I'd bet the minivans have US Gov't plates.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis