Author Topic: St. Louis couple who brandished weapons at protesters charged  (Read 3179 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
St. Louis couple who brandished weapons at protesters charged
by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter |
 | July 20, 2020 05:02 PM

The St. Louis couple who made national news for brandishing firearms at protesters who were approaching their house have been charged.

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner filed charges against Mark and Patricia McCloskey on Monday, including unlawful use of a weapon/flourishing, according to KSDK, local NBC affiliate. The weapons charge is a class D felony, and they are facing anywhere from one to four years in prison and fines up to $5,000 if convicted.

The McCloskeys drew their weapons on June 28 outside their home as protesters marched through their gated neighborhood, demanding the resignation of St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson. They have defended themselves and claimed the protesters were threatening to kill them and take over their property.

“That couple had every right to protect their property. They had the ability to do that as private citizens, like everyone else. What they should not go through is a prosecutor attempting to take their constitutional rights away by filing charges against them for protecting their property,” Gov. Mike Parson said days before the charges were filed.

The governor also teased pardoning the couple over the weekend, saying, "I don't think they're going to spend any time in jail."

Al Watkins, the attorney for the McCloskey's, transferred one of their firearms to the police. Authorities reportedly wanted the gun in their possession to be sure that it wasn't operable.

President Trump has also weighed in on the case, calling the treatment of the McCloskeys a "disgrace."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/st-louis-couple-who-brandished-weapons-at-protesters-charged
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: St. Louis couple who brandished weapons at protesters charged
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 09:19:06 pm »
Ubelievable.  Arrested for protecting their property.  This case is going to determine what happens across this country if they are convicted.  It would mean that anyone defending themselves against the "noise" that is going on will be punished and the thugs will be free to do as they please.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 09:41:50 pm »
Gardner needs a major legal smack down.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 09:42:32 pm »
Pure idiocy, but what do we expect of a Soros-funded prosecutor?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 10:10:16 pm »

the thugs will be free to do as they please.
They already are. Soros is doing his Fourth Reich thing.
Jews, when they were fighting Nazi rape/abduction/murder were portrayed as insurgents/terrorists in the press.

Once the press is dominated and controlled by politicians, up becomes down, black is white, and all 'White People' become Jews.

Including all the White People funding, controlling, and pushing the BLM agenda. We are currently reliving 1930 Germany which is exactly what Soros wants. He is at home in Nazi Germany.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 10:17:05 pm »
Jews, when they were fighting Nazi rape/abduction/murder were portrayed as insurgents/terrorists in the press.

Once the press is dominated and controlled by politicians, up becomes down, black is white, and all 'White People' become Jews.

Including all the White People funding, controlling, and pushing the BLM agenda. We are currently reliving 1930 Germany which is exactly what Soros wants. He is at home in Nazi Germany.

:thumbsup:SOROS IS HUNGARIAN JEW.  HE DID TURN IN, HIS OWN PEOPLE, to NAZI'S.   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 10:18:00 pm »
The man is an attorney, I hope he fights back. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 10:19:21 pm »

The press is already dominated and controlled by the leftists (politicians as well). Right now Carlson and Hannity on Fox are being accused of sexual harassment.  Once those two are forced out, it's game over.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 10:23:47 pm »
St. Louis couple who brandished weapons at protesters charged
by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter |
 | July 20, 2020 05:02 PM

The St. Louis couple who made national news for brandishing firearms at protesters who were approaching their house have been charged.

St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner filed charges against Mark and Patricia McCloskey on Monday, including unlawful use of a weapon/flourishing, according to KSDK, local NBC affiliate. The weapons charge is a class D felony, and they are facing anywhere from one to four years in prison and fines up to $5,000 if convicted.

>snip<
"flourishing"? I do not think that means what they think it means.

flour·ish·ing
/ˈflərəSHiNG/

adjective
adjective: flourishing

developing rapidly and successfully; thriving.

I guess thriving is against the law now.
What will the Marxists think of next?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 10:46:30 pm »
Well, the governor of Missouri went on the record in the past day or so, saying that he would pardon the McCloskeys if Gardner charged them.

Well... ok sir... she made her move, now it's time to make YOURS.

Pardon them NOW, before this goes one step further.
No trial, no nuthin'.

Your use of the pardon NOW will demonstrate to Mrs. Gardner and her ilk that such leftist politically/racially-motivated actions will not be tolerated under your administration (nor any subsequent Republican governorship).

And make sure you give sufficient support to the Second Amendment while doing it...!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 10:48:48 pm »
"flourishing"? I do not think that means what they think it means.

I guess thriving is against the law now.
What will the Marxists think of next?
They meant to say 'brandishing'.
But since our media outlets have been taken over by 8th grade high school dropouts...nothing means nothing anymore if you read it in media or hear it on TV. Any time I hear some 'BREAKING NEWS' the very first thing I always think is, "I wonder if that is actually true?" Everything is just bullshit these days. I am a mushroom.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 11:00:36 pm »
They meant to say 'brandishing'.
But since our media outlets have been taken over by 8th grade high school dropouts...nothing means nothing anymore if you read it in media or hear it on TV. Any time I hear some 'BREAKING NEWS' the very first thing I always think is, "I wonder if that is actually true?" Everything is just bullshit these days. I am a mushroom.
For those of us who are "mushrooms" this is our time to flourish!

(see! i knew I could use that word in a sentence!)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 11:13:09 pm »
Actually, she needs to be criminally charged by the state AG for unlawfully violating their rights.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 11:13:57 pm »
Actually, she needs to be criminally charged by the state AG for unlawfully violating their rights.
That could go Federal, really, depriving someone of their rights under color of law.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 11:16:09 pm »
For those of us who are "mushrooms" this is our time to flourish!

(see! i knew I could use that word in a sentence!)

...he says with a flourish.... :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 11:18:50 pm »
That could go Federal, really, depriving someone of their rights under color of law.

State level is the first stop.

There needs to be serious consequences for her actions.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 11:24:06 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 11:27:22 pm »
State level is the first stop.

There needs to be serious consequences for her actions.
Go big or go home..

18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law

TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242

Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, ... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both...

https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivation-rights-under-color-law

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2020, 11:36:11 pm »
Go big or go home..

18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law

https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivation-rights-under-color-law
It is better if she gets smacked down by the state government.

It needs to go up the chain. If the state drops the ball then the feds should jump in.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2020, 11:49:34 pm »
It is better if she gets smacked down by the state government.

It needs to go up the chain. If the state drops the ball then the feds should jump in.
Is there a state statute that can be brought to bear?

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2020, 12:30:16 am »
Ubelievable.  Arrested for protecting their property.  This case is going to determine what happens across this country if they are convicted.  It would mean that anyone defending themselves against the "noise" that is going on will be punished and the thugs will be free to do as they please.
Worse - Their property was taken away from them when their guns were confiscated.

There are goons waiting to take them out of their house for daring to defy them, and now they have no way to protect themselves.

This is justice St. Louis style?

What's next?  Take away their home, the stage they used to commit their crime?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2020, 12:46:09 am »
Worse - Their property was taken away from them when their guns were confiscated.

There are goons waiting to take them out of their house for daring to defy them, and now they have no way to protect themselves.

This is justice St. Louis style?

What's next?  Take away their home, the stage they used to commit their crime?

I'm sure there are provisions in RICO to do that.  Instead they'll do it old school and run up the legal expenses sky high until they're bankrupted.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2020, 01:00:47 am »

They have the right to bear arms.  I am surprised.  If a mob like that was at my door believe me I would have a gun.  What are you supposed to do?  Let them destroy your home?  Maybe even assault you?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2020, 01:04:16 am »
They have the right to bear arms.  I am surprised.  If a mob like that was at my door believe me I would have a gun.  What are you supposed to do?  Let them destroy your home?  Maybe even assault you?

Pointing the muzzles at the protestors is probably the problem here.  That was really sloppy gun safety, as I had learnt from the NRA classes of my yute.  Don't even get me started on her lack of trigger finger discipline.
I will NOT comply.

Offline DB

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2020, 01:10:32 am »