Author Topic: BREAKING...Federal judge's son shot and killed, husband injured in attack at their NJ home  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From what I've read, he apparently received a cancer diagnosis. The speculation is that he decided to take out a few people he HATED since he was not long for this world.
It's a sad deal, all around. Prayers up for the survivors, whoever they are.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

UPDATE
Roy Den Hollander reportedly had a hit list of over a dozen targets
By Lee Brown
July 26, 2020 | 12:47pm | Updated

The crazed “anti-feminist” lawyer who gunned down a New Jersey federal judge’s son had a list of more than a dozen other targets for his killing spree — including at least three other judges, according to reports.

Roy Den Hollander, 72, killed himself after posing as a FedEx driver for his July 19 ambush on Judge Esther Salas’ North Brunswick home — killing her 20-year-old son and wounding her 63-year-old husband.

Officials in California now believe he had earlier traveled to San Bernardino and killed rival men’s rights attorney Marc Angelucci on July 11 — also posing as a deliveryman and shooting him dead on his doorstep.

When Den Hollander was found dead Monday in New York’s Catskills region of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot, he left a rambling online manifesto railing against women — as well as a possible kill list, sources said.  ...
Story at New York Post

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Inside the violent and misogynistic world of Roy Den Hollander

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Inside-the-Violent-and-Misogynistic-World-of-Roy-15435721.php

Roy Den Hollander sounded bitter and angry when he bumped into a former rugby teammate in December at a library in Manhattan. He said he was so sick from a rare cancer that he could die at any moment, wondering aloud if he should sue his doctor for malpractice.

Things kept getting worse for Den Hollander, a self-described “anti-feminist” lawyer who was known for his misogynistic tirades and the dozens of lawsuits he filed, many frivolous. A Manhattan judge dismissed one of them in May, and a few weeks later, a federal judge in New Jersey named Esther Salas canceled a scheduled hearing in a different suit.

The delay followed years of resentment that he had harbored against Salas over his unfounded claim that she was moving the case too slowly. That, in turn, built upon a lifetime of seething hatred toward women: He accused his mother of preventing him from having a girlfriend, and his ex-wife of marrying him only to obtain a green card.
His beliefs swirled between the worlds of self-proclaimed anti-feminists and men’s rights activists. He ranted about what he perceived to be gender discrimination against men in family courts and other institutions, a focus of men’s rights activists, but also wrote blog posts calling for women to be killed.
But by the end of his life, he was a man alone, facing terminal cancer, financial instability and a growing ostracization from the legal community and advocates for men’s rights, according to his writings and interviews with a dozen people who spoke with him in the past four decades.

I've said it multiple ways - not that it's unique insight - nurtured anger, bitterness, and hatred destroy the one who is angry, bitter, and hates.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

Inside the violent and misogynistic world of Roy Den Hollander

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Inside-the-Violent-and-Misogynistic-World-of-Roy-15435721.php

I've said it multiple ways - not that it's unique insight - nurtured anger, bitterness, and hatred destroy the one who is angry, bitter, and hates.
True about anger and hate.
But there are some family courts with definite bias against men.
And the womyn at Social Services are programmed with that crap.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

UPDATE

In emotional video, Judge Salas asks to protect federal judges' personal information
"Now more than ever, we need to identify a solution that keeps the lives of federal judges private," said U.S. District Judge Esther Salas.
Suzanne Russell
Bridgewater Courier News
Aug. 3, 2020
NORTH BRUNSWICK – Federal Judge Esther Salas has spoken for the first time publicly about a shooting at her township home last month in which authorities say a disgruntled lawyer killed her son and seriously wounded her husband.

In a video statement issued Monday, Salas called for more privacy for federal judges in the wake of the July 19 attack at her home.

She noted that serving as judge involves “making tough calls” that sometimes leave people angry and upset. But she said judges should not have to “live in fear for our lives” because personal information, such as home addresses, can be easily obtained by anyone seeking to do them or their families harm. ...
Rest of story and video at link.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
UPDATE

In emotional video, Judge Salas asks to protect federal judges' personal information
"Now more than ever, we need to identify a solution that keeps the lives of federal judges private," said U.S. District Judge Esther Salas.
Suzanne Russell
Bridgewater Courier News
Aug. 3, 2020Rest of story and video at link.

This was the top story this morning here, it’s being pushed off due to the hurricane. Shame, it’s important too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 06:44:56 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

Everyone with a gender axe to grind needs to do a little soul searching - both mysoginists, which society has repudiated; and misandrists, which has been made (in today’s parlance) systemic.

Offline Applewood

Yes, I know Judge Salas is an Obama appointee, but no mother deserves to lose her only son and nearly lose her husband to  senseless violence.  I'm thinking these days, judges need more than protection of their personal information.  They need 24/7 bodyguards for themselves and their families.  Plenty of loose screws out there. 

Offline Smokin Joe

Everyone with a gender axe to grind needs to do a little soul searching - both mysoginists, which society has repudiated; and misandrists, which has been made (in today’s parlance) systemic.
If you have a gender axe to grind. But how about the guy who signs his kids up for a private school, makes the payment, then is gigged by Social Services for not enrolling his kids in school. He goes back to the Private School and they hand him his check back (which was good), even though the kids had been accepted as students.
After trying to straighten that out, the kids end up in custody of the meth head mom, he ends up paying her child support.

Fifteen years later, one of the kids is doing 20 to life, and the other has a jail cell with his name on it. Mom is still alive but burnt out, and dad had spent six figures on legal fees in the meantime trying to get custody.
This isn't hypothetical, I know the people involved.  It isn't the only case, either. It is extremely difficult for the father to get custody of the children in a divorce, even if he shows cause.

The bias is real.

I'm not saying Judge Salas practiced that, nor that she deserves to lose her son or have anyone in her family harmed, including herself, just that some judges are biased.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 07:30:45 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

If you have a gender axe to grind. But how about the guy who signs his kids up for a private school, makes the payment, then is gigged by Social Services for not enrolling his kids in school. He goes back to the Private School and they hand him his check back (which was good), even though the kids had been accepted as students.
After trying to straighten that out, the kids end up in custody of the meth head mom, he ends up paying her child support.

Fifteen years later, one of the kids is doing 20 to life, and the other has a jail cell with his name on it. Mom is still alive but burnt out, and dad had spent six figures on legal fees in the meantime trying to get custody.
This isn't hypothetical, I know the people involved.  It isn't the only case, either. It is extremely difficult for the father to get custody of the children in a divorce, even if he shows cause.

The bias is real.
Of course the bias is real - I've got a handful associates who've experienced it in the courts first hand, as well. What I'm talking about is the mentally corrosive effect of carrying the hate around. Exhibit A this embittered attorney.

Offline Smokin Joe

Of course the bias is real - I've got a handful associates who've experienced it in the courts first hand, as well. What I'm talking about is the mentally corrosive effect of carrying the hate around. Exhibit A this embittered attorney.
Hate eats the hater from within, it is corrosive, as you describe. My friends who have endured this sort of bias and the life altering effects it has had on them and their children, and frankly the rest of their lives don't live and breathe their resentments, but partition them off. Mention the topic, and that door gets opened, but otherwise, you won't see it. It's how they survive.
Seeing that, and thankfully not going through it firsthand, I can see how someone who just. can't. move. on. would lose it. The effect on all the lives involved can be profound indeed, no violence needed.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Hate eats the hater from within, it is corrosive, as you describe. My friends who have endured this sort of bias and the life altering effects it has had on them and their children, and frankly the rest of their lives don't live and breathe their resentments, but partition them off. Mention the topic, and that door gets opened, but otherwise, you won't see it. It's how they survive.
Seeing that, and thankfully not going through it firsthand, I can see how someone who just. can't. move. on. would lose it. The effect on all the lives involved can be profound indeed, no violence needed.

I can only imagine.

Unfortunately the left has learned to feed off such hate. They've politicized it and turned it into the motive force of their party.

Offline Smokin Joe

I can only imagine.

Unfortunately the left has learned to feed off such hate. They've politicized it and turned it into the motive force of their party.
There is a salient difference.
The left hates because the last 1/8 of the glass isn't full, too.
No matter what they get, it isn't enough.
If their personal glass is full, they will hate for someone else, even if that someone else is happy to be making progress. It's why they want to destroy history, because with the destruction of history, every hard won milepost becomes moot, every gauge of how far they have progressed, every drop in the glass, becomes nothing. The very giants whose shoulders they stand on are erased from their saga and it becomes all about them, in this moment.
Frankly, I think they suffer from some mental disorders that I am not qualified to categorize, but recognize well enough to avoid people like that.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

There is a salient difference.
The left hates because the last 1/8 of the glass isn't full, too.
No matter what they get, it isn't enough.
If their personal glass is full, they will hate for someone else, even if that someone else is happy to be making progress. It's why they want to destroy history, because with the destruction of history, every hard won milepost becomes moot, every gauge of how far they have progressed, every drop in the glass, becomes nothing. The very giants whose shoulders they stand on are erased from their saga and it becomes all about them, in this moment.
Frankly, I think they suffer from some mental disorders that I am not qualified to categorize, but recognize well enough to avoid people like that.
:amen:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
In a video statement issued Monday, Salas called for more privacy for federal judges in the wake of the July 19 attack at her home.

She noted that serving as judge involves “making tough calls” that sometimes leave people angry and upset. But she said judges should not have to “live in fear for our lives” because personal information, such as home addresses, can be easily obtained by anyone seeking to do them or their families harm. ...

Hard to argue with that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Smokin Joe

True,but that doesn't justify murder.

The people who need to be "attacked" are the political creatures with the power to change things,but not the stones.

AND.....,the way to attack them is to vote them out of office.

Yeah,I know it's not easy to do,but it's also not easy to live a peaceful life when anarchy reigns.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, I know Judge Salas is an Obama appointee, but no mother deserves to lose her only son and nearly lose her husband to  senseless violence.  I'm thinking these days, judges need more than protection of their personal information.  They need 24/7 bodyguards for themselves and their families. Plenty of loose screws out there.

@Applewood

From EVERY "degree" of the political "circle".

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

True,but that doesn't justify murder.

The people who need to be "attacked" are the political creatures with the power to change things,but not the stones.

AND.....,the way to attack them is to vote them out of office.

Yeah,I know it's not easy to do,but it's also not easy to live a peaceful life when anarchy reigns.
I never said it did. --and chances are that hatred is misdirected, anyway.
The judge works with what testimony and evidence (if any) they have, and makes their best decision based on that. Courtroom conduct in an emotionally charged situation is everything. Not everyone is up to that task: women cry, men cuss--our nature as protector of the family unit and children works against us in the face of that threat. We, overwhelmingly want to DO something, when the best course of action is contrary to the very sort of Limbic Brain fight or flight action we're wired for.
The evidence is often provided by a spouse seeking advantage in a nasty divorce, and using social workers (or even encouraged by them to get more caseload).

If a Social Worker's lips are moving, there's a 99.99% chance they are lying. Many I have seen are childless feminists who carry their man hate in their leading hand, and when a couple stands together, they move to destroy both. I have seen that, too.

The assumption is that the male is evil, misogynistic, and a spouse/child abuser, right out of the gate.  Even when there has been no wrong done. All is viewed through that lens, and distorted to fit the narrative. It's brutal for the poor SOB stuck in it, generally patently wrong, and cause for some extreme emotional stress. Some people crack, and the ones doing the pushing are expert at making that happen, even when it ordinarily would not have.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

If a Social Worker's lips are moving, there's a 99.99% chance they are lying. Many I have seen are childless feminists who carry their man hate in their leading hand, and when a couple stands together, they move to destroy both. I have seen that, too.

@Smokin Joe

Sad,but too true too often. You would think the judges would have noticed this and taken actions to nullify it in the most obvious cases.

I guess even the judges are scared of them.

c

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Sad,but too true too often. You would think the judges would have noticed this and taken actions to nullify it in the most obvious cases.

I guess even the judges are scared of them.

c
Would you blame them? They have it all--warrantless searches, presumption of guilt, and the ever present threat of accusations of Domestic violence, or at least a restraining order, which is a disqualifier for firearm ownership.

C S Lewis