Author Topic: Isaias Has Regained Hurricane Strength and Will Make Landfall in Carolinas Tonight Before Tracking i  (Read 558 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Weather Channel 8/3/2020

At a Glance

•   Isaias will track into the Carolinas late Monday into early Tuesday.

•   A hurricane warning is now in effect for parts of South Carolina and North Carolina.

•   Life-threatening storm surge flooding, dangerous winds and heavy rain are all expected, there.

•   Isaias will then sweep quickly through the mid-Atlantic and Northeast on Tuesday and Tuesday night.

•   Flooding rain, damaging winds and some coastal impacts are expected in those regions.

Hurricane Isaias (ees-ah-EE-ahs) is expected to push ashore into the Carolinas late Monday or early Tuesday with life-threatening storm surge flooding, damaging winds and flooding rainfall. Isaias will only slowly weaken as it spreads those impacts up the East Coast as far north as New England through early Wednesday.
Watches, Warnings and Current Conditions

A hurricane warning has been issued for a portion of the upper South Carolina and lower North Carolina coasts since Isaias is forecast to make landfall as a Category 1 hurricane tonight. The hurricane warning includes Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and Wilmington, North Carolina.

Tropical storm warnings extend as far north as Stonington, Maine. Tropical storm watches extend north of Stonington to Eastport, Maine.

The latest warnings and watches are depicted in the map below.

More: https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2020-08-03-hurricane-warning-tropical-storm-isaias-forecast-east-coast

Offline mrclose

When I was a 'youngin', growing up in south Florida .. I couldn't wait for the hurricane to get here!
(no school)

As a young adult .. I couldn't wait for the hurricane to get here!
(Party!!!)

As an old man, living in Virginia now .. I am scared to death because .. I live in a forest and the wind and rain are coming!  8888crybaby

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 01:19:29 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Right_in_Virginia

National Hurricane Center
@NHC_Atlantic

Tropical storm force winds will spread northward through the Hurricane and Tropical Storm Warning areas this afternoon and tonight in the Carolinas, reach the mid-Atlantic states Tuesday, and arrive in New England late Tuesday and Tuesday night #Isaias http://hurricanes.gov

https://twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/status/1290312013407649792

Offline mrclose

Spooky as hell

If your mouse and pc work like mine: Right click on the picture.
In the drop down click on open/view photo.

Hold the shift button down and turn the middle wheel forward to enlarge the picture.

If you have a magnifier, use it to look closer at the picture.

The bay window to the left .. middle window, enlarge it if you can.

It's fuzzy but what do you see other than the lamp shade?

Just to the right of the shade and a little lower.

I'll tell you why I am asking after I get some answers and "If" this storm/hurricane passing through doesn't kill our electric!
(You really don't need to enlarge the picture if you have a magnifier to look closer at the picture)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:37:50 am by mrclose »
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self