Author Topic: MLK: Good Guy or Bad?  (Read 3262 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2020, 03:49:46 am »
@Applewood

Uh,huh. THIS,written about a black preacher that liked to get drunk and beat white whores that also plagiarized his doctoral thesis.

Good catch!

He was obviously a very moral man for a preacher.

There is a black & white picture with MLK...sitting at a communist meeting.  Then ,  FBI started looking into him. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 03:53:21 am by LegalAmerican »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2020, 08:45:46 pm »
There is a black & white picture with MLK...sitting at a communist meeting.  Then ,  FBI started looking into him. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Well, Martin Luther was a name even white protestants could identify with.

Mike Lewis not so much.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: MLK: Good Guy or Bad?
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2020, 08:55:08 pm »
I do not know if MLK was a commie or not.
Hoover thought he was, and did a good enough job convincing the Kennedy's of such that they agree to the surveillance of MLK.

For what any of that is worth....

Say what you want about the JFK and RFK, but they were staunch anti-communist, Bay of Pigs, October Missile Crisis, the ramp-up in Vietnam....
Hoover may not have had to try very hard to convince them.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2020, 09:02:32 pm »
I do not know if MLK was a commie or not.
Hoover thought he was, and did a good enough job convincing the Kennedy's of such that they agree to the surveillance of MLK.

For what any of that is worth....

Say what you want about the JFK and RFK, but they were staunch anti-communist, Bay of Pigs, October Missile Crisis, the ramp-up in Vietnam....
Hoover may not have had to try very hard to convince them.
Right, back in the days when Democrats were not completely anti-American...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2020, 09:06:43 pm »
Right, back in the days when Democrats were not completely anti-American...

Bay of Pigs was a failed attempt, Vietnam didn't work out as planned, and LBJ ramped it up even further.

Hey, these guys may not have been really good at being anti-communist,but they were, in fact, that.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2020, 09:13:34 pm »
David: Good guy or Bad?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2020, 09:15:48 pm »
David: Good guy or Bad?

Interesting...

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2020, 10:05:46 pm »
Bay of Pigs was a failed attempt, Vietnam didn't work out as planned, and LBJ ramped it up even further.

Hey, these guys may not have been really good at being anti-communist,but they were, in fact, that.
Bay of Pigs failed because the air strikes, loaded, on the ramp, didn't get the 'go' order. That was held back because the NYT and State Department had convinced people that Castro was going to establish Democracy.
Apparently, CIA had been trying to convince people in State of reality.
Unfortunately, the Cuban air force and armor were not removed from the equation, with disastrous results.

Anyone who believes the NYT should be immediately and permanently disqualified from government service.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 10:59:48 pm »
@Easy Ace

Ok,bubba. Please tell us all how many black hookers Trump hired to beat and humiliate.

While you are at it,tell us about how hypocritical he is for being a preacher that is a mean drunk,a whoremonger,and a liar that cheated to get his degree?

Not that I really care. If you want to admire a hypocrite,that's on you,not me.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 11:01:49 pm »
Well, Martin Luther was a name even white protestants could identify with.

Mike Lewis not so much.

:thumbsup:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2020, 11:23:08 pm »
I had to stop reading.  You are wrong.  We are talking about MLK....not my POTUS.  MLK..was supposed to be a reverend.  .  He was into all kind of debauchery. I never understand marriages like CLINTONS.  NO DIVORCE...but both cheat and both go both ways. Yet stay together, as if, that is some kind of virtue.   So people who their whole life CHEAT on the wife., get a pass, yet those who, don't want that, get blasted for wanting a better relationship.
They stay together because they are working toward a common goal of wealth and power and believe they can achieve that together. They are useful to each other. The rest has no significance except that each tolerates the well concealed (from the public) sins of the other for the purpose of keeping that alliance going. Neither is holy enough to use those sins as grounds for divorce, anyway. Hillary rode his coat tails to power. She is far more dangerous than he is.

So they cover each other's sins and backs, and keep the prize (money and power) in mind.

It is not a marriage made in heaven, except to keep others free of being married to them.

C S Lewis

Offline mrclose

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2020, 09:54:18 pm »

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self