Author Topic: 25-car caravan drives through Fort Myers neighborhoods encouraging to register to vote  (Read 492 times)

Offline libertybele

The DEMS are organized and mobilizing in the black communities to get people registered.  The DEMS WILL find a way that most of the voting will be done by mail. Anyone question the outcome?? I find it interesting that the article said that they've gone into the White and Hispanic communities, but the caravan was a "black lives matter" caravan.

25-car caravan drives through Fort Myers neighborhoods encouraging to register to vote

A caravan of about 25 cars drove through Fort Myers neighborhoods Saturday, encouraging people to register to vote and vote by mail.

The Black votes matter caravan was hosted by the Blue Gator Initiative, an activist group based in Bonita Springs, in partnership with the Democratic Election Committee of Lee County and civic leaders in Fort Myers.

"The past two caravans we've gone to Hispanic and white communities, so now we are going into our Black communities and again encouraging our neighbors to get out and vote," said Joan Burton, one of the event organizers.

On the heels of Representative John Lewis' death, they said the event held a special significance.

"He was one of the great leaders in the modern civil rights movement," said Janice Cass, the president of the Lee County Democratic Black Caucus. "We need to make changes in our country, our community needs to be represented and it’s important to me personally to do whatever I can to have my voice heard."

Participants handed out flyers and pre-stamped vote by mail applications, encouraging everyone to vote in the upcoming elections.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/42384607/25car-caravan-drives-through-fort-myers-neighborhoods-encouraging-to-register-to-vote
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.