Author Topic: Reaction: Adam Calhoun - 'Racism' (vanity)  (Read 504 times)

Online roamer_1

Reaction: Adam Calhoun - 'Racism' (vanity)
« on: July 19, 2020, 05:28:59 am »
Alright y'all,

I have stated a time or two that I became addicted to a pass time, watching black folks react to country music on the yootoobs.... This is in that vein:

Now, I am not a fan of hick-hop, and the ladies might want a pass... This is just as raw as rap, and the language is awful (but then, it is meant to be), But I would like an honest reaction from all y'all and then I invite you on an odyssey: After having heard the tune, go to youtube, type 'Reaction: Adam Calhoun 'Racism' , and wander though the results, looking to see how it is received by black folks (and the odd redneck here or there). I believe you will find reason for a surprising hope in these days of division.

I  think this speaks truth the liberals can't hear. AGAIN, WARNING: This is rough.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Lyrics: https://genius.com/Adam-calhoun-racism-lyrics

Editorial pause: Hey @Cyber Liberty... This might be a little racey (HA, that's a pun)... Put it where you will, or give it the heave ho... I get the controversy, but this needs said.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:30:07 am by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Reaction: Adam Calhoun - 'Racism' (vanity)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 07:33:05 am »
Stoopid is stoopid,regardless of skin color.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

Re: Reaction: Adam Calhoun - 'Racism' (vanity)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 06:54:47 pm »
Stoopid is stoopid,regardless of skin color.

@sneakypete
Well, yeah, but he's looking at that the other way around... There's plenty that are dirt floor poor that are trying to do it right - That's more what he is saying... 'N*ggas' and 'white trash' are the wrong things to lean on for the stereotype from either direction.

I am not much for this style, but the thing that is mesmerizing to me is the reach this has with blacks - Nword, rebel flags and all... I have listened to dozens of reactions, and it is but a very few  that won't give him credz as 'spittin facts'.

It's still a little lopsided - they all have to say something about 'n*gger' but not a peep about how 'cracker' wrong too...  That being said, many said the nword doesn't bother them - they stop the tape to say so - depending on the context. Which is right and fair. HOW you call me hillbilly is going to matter wrt my reaction. But they still have to stop and preach bit on that.

But right across the board, their reaction to the song was very positive.