Author Topic: 86-percent of shootings in Oakland go unreported, police say  (Read 664 times)

rangerrebew

86-percent of shootings in Oakland go unreported, police say
Bay Area

by: Erica Pieschke
Posted: Jul 13, 2020 / 09:04 PM PDT   / Updated: Jul 13, 2020 / 09:21 PM PDT   

OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – More than 180 assaults with a firearm have been reported in Oakland so far in 2020, according to a report from the Oakland Police Department.

That is 34-percent up from last year.

However, police say about 86-percent of shootings across the city are not reported.

ShotSpotter, a tool that the department utilizes, shows the location where a gun was fired and alerts the department in less than 30 seconds.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/86-percent-of-shootings-in-oakland-go-unreported-police-say/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: 86-percent of shootings in Oakland go unreported, police say
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 01:42:05 pm »
1. OPD actually has a reasonable estimate on the number of shootings. They aren't pulling a number from their rectum.

2. This is what happens when police are emasculated, thugs are allowed - for years - to run free, and a significant % of the populace teaches their children and each other that police are their enemies. IOW, Oakland has been sowing this crop for years and decades.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 02:02:36 pm »
If no one showed up at the ER or in a vacant lot or dumpster, mebbe they were just practicing... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 02:13:45 pm »
If no one showed up at the ER or in a vacant lot or dumpster, mebbe they were just practicing... :shrug:

I would expect that there is a vibrant medical community serving the low-lifes... And I mean that.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 09:15:31 pm »
I would expect that there is a vibrant medical community serving the low-lifes... And I mean that.
Yeah, battlefield aid station/MASH type unit for intro work, then Oakland for advanced training...

Which is part of why so many big city docs are rabidly anti-gun, all they see is the bleeding negative side. One kid comes in with a GSW or two, and it's make most any EMS person through surgeon pissed off, it's just unfortunate they blame the tool and not the perp.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 01:23:36 am »
Yeah, battlefield aid station/MASH type unit for intro work, then Oakland for advanced training...

Which is part of why so many big city docs are rabidly anti-gun, all they see is the bleeding negative side. One kid comes in with a GSW or two, and it's make most any EMS person through surgeon pissed off, it's just unfortunate they blame the tool and not the perp.

No, I am speaking to off-license and back-door services. And I know they are there. The only gunshot wounds that wind up getting dumped at the hospital are the very critical. Many the time I was patched up by a vet or a retired doc after hours for a pittance - Now, I mean stitching and such... I ain't been shot yet. But the principle remains.The last time I was bad concussed, the whole treatment and convalescence was handled by my Cheyenne medicine man - That's how I met him, and got to know him..

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 03:38:59 am »
No, I am speaking to off-license and back-door services. And I know they are there. The only gunshot wounds that wind up getting dumped at the hospital are the very critical. Many the time I was patched up by a vet or a retired doc after hours for a pittance - Now, I mean stitching and such... I ain't been shot yet. But the principle remains.The last time I was bad concussed, the whole treatment and convalescence was handled by my Cheyenne medicine man - That's how I met him, and got to know him..
Ok, yep, that's different.
I have been lucky enough that if I needed doctoring it was either bad enough to see the quack or I could handle it myself. Never been shot, either, and I try to avoid that.

C S Lewis