Author Topic: Dow futures surge more than 500 points as vaccine hopes rise and investors cheer Goldman earnings  (Read 371 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dow-futures-up-nearly-350-points-as-vaccine-hopes-rise-and-investors-await-more-earnings-2020-07-15?mod=mw_latestnews

<snipit>
Stock-index futures pointed to a sharply higher start for Wall Street Wednesday, on optimism about progress on a COVID-19 vaccine candidate despite rising U.S. cases, while investors are digesting earnings reports and monitoring U.S.-China tensions.

What’s driving the market
Global equities were buoyed after Moderna Inc.  said its coronavirus vaccine candidate produced a “robust” immune-system response in a larger group of people and that the study would move to a decisive clinical trial in July.

Also U.K. television broadcaster ITV reported on speculation around potentially positive developments for an Oxford vaccine candidate backed by AstraZeneca.
====================================================================================
DJIA futures also up 500, equating to 27,000 market.  GS quaterlies were nice yesterday, giving some optimism to fin. sector. My take right now is that there are almost zero bargains in this market right now.  I am still expect a few shocking bad earnings report in the next month for 2Q. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.