Author Topic: Tommy Tuberville defeats Jeff Sessions in Alabama GOP Senate runoff  (Read 1347 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Alabama Republicans Tuesday night decided to send former Auburn head football coach Tommy Tuberville to face U.S. Sen Doug Jones in November.

Tuberville, a first-time political candidate who had the backing of President Donald Trump, defeated former U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who was seeking to return to the seat he held for 20 years. As of 8:19 p.m., Tuberville had received 73,767 votes (62 percent) while Sessions received 45,378 votes (38 percent) in unofficial returns.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2020/07/14/tommy-tuberville-defeats-jeff-sessions-alabama-gop-senate-runoff-results/5429365002/

---------

Glad to see do-nothing Sessions take a dive and get 'recused' from the race.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Re: Tommy Tuberville defeats Jeff Sessions in Alabama GOP Senate runoff
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 01:38:29 am »
Alabama Republicans Tuesday night decided to send former Auburn head football coach Tommy Tuberville to face U.S. Sen Doug Jones in November.

Tuberville, a first-time political candidate who had the backing of President Donald Trump, defeated former U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who was seeking to return to the seat he held for 20 years. As of 8:19 p.m., Tuberville had received 73,767 votes (62 percent) while Sessions received 45,378 votes (38 percent) in unofficial returns.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2020/07/14/tommy-tuberville-defeats-jeff-sessions-alabama-gop-senate-runoff-results/5429365002/

---------

Glad to see do-nothing Sessions take a dive and get 'recused' from the race.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 01:43:40 am »
30% in and only 118K votes in a high profile runoff? That extrapolates to only about 360K votes total.  There were 717K GOP votes cast in initial primary

COVID fear?
Voter anger?
Voter Apathy?
Single Ballot, no local issues?

Hope the tepid turnout is not indicative of voter sentiment.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 01:44:47 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 01:51:04 am »
30% in and only 118K votes in a high profile runoff? That extrapolates to only about 360K votes total.  There were 717K GOP votes cast in initial primary

COVID fear?
Voter anger?
Voter Apathy?
Single Ballot, no local issues?

Hope the tepid turnout is not indicative of voter sentiment.

Unfortunately it's usually voter burnout by the time the runoff hits.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 01:55:22 am »

Well, I think the citizens of AL picked the wrong guy, but it's their call, and I respect that.  Now time to zap a liberal dim Jones who has no business representing a state as red as AL is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 02:00:50 am »

FWIW, back on Mar 3 POTUS received 696,832 votes in the Alabama primary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_the_2020_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 02:04:18 am »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Wow, just called! @TTuberville - Tommy Tuberville WON big against Jeff Sessions. Will be a GREAT Senator for the incredible people of Alabama. @DougJones is a terrible Senator who is just a Super Liberal puppet for Schumer & Pelosi. Represents Alabama poorly. On to November 3rd.

9:43 PM · Jul 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1283215676488986628

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 02:20:51 am »
My congratulations to Mr. Tuberville.  I sincerely hope he makes the good folks of Alabama proud of their votes for him.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 02:47:48 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 02:30:05 am »
My congratulations to Mr. Tuberville.  I sincerely hope he makes the goof folks of Alabama proud of their votes for him.
He owes the pres. hope he doesn’t forget it.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2020, 02:54:08 am »
The   The nation and the President needed a functioning AG  while a   Coup d 'etat was underway.

Sadly Sessions got caught in the crossfire.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2020, 02:55:10 am »
Well I voted (only two on the ballot in my area)... Sessions got stomped pretty back and the lady judge I voted for won by a more narrow margin (both running were good candidates but Mary had more experience).

Sorta disappointed, but what else is new.

My voting area had only 1/4th the voters it had last election. Wife and I were only ones there about 3pm ... One other showed up about time we left. Got a free mask and ink pin.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 02:56:45 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2020, 03:08:20 am »
Well I voted (only two on the ballot in my area)... Sessions got stomped pretty back and the lady judge I voted for won by a more narrow margin (both running were good candidates but Mary had more experience).

Sorta disappointed, but what else is new.

@Sighlass

So the big question in November is, 'Will BAMA fans vote for Tuberville?'
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2020, 03:19:09 am »
@Sighlass

He was pretty mild mannered his time at Auburn... I don't think they will hold it against him. I am more worried about his secret amnesty position that he only revealed once (and who he surrounded himself with that were also pro-illegal)....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2020, 03:30:01 am »
So how long before some of Tuberville's former football players start saying Tuberville said racist things?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2020, 06:13:43 am »
Well, I think the citizens of AL picked the wrong guy, but it's their call, and I respect that.  Now time to zap a liberal dim Jones who has no business representing a state as red as AL is.

YEP. Another RINO ascends and folks are high-fiving. It makes me sick.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2020, 01:12:58 pm »
@Sighlass

Perhaps the big question in November is: "Will Republicans remember Jones voted to remove their President?"

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2020, 01:26:08 pm »
YEP. Another RINO ascends and folks are high-fiving. It makes me sick.  *****rollingeyes*****

They had a choice between two RINOs.  Sessions did not cover himself in glory when he recused from the most important investigation of the day.  I never liked his stance on things like Civil Asset Forfeiture. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2020, 01:30:06 pm »
They had a choice between two RINOs.  Sessions did not cover himself in glory when he recused from the most important investigation of the day.  I never liked his stance on things like Civil Asset Forfeiture.

Yeah that's bullcrap, but whatever... Another RINO ascends... more friggin winning.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2020, 01:34:18 pm »
Yeah that's bullcrap, but whatever... Another RINO ascends... more friggin winning.

I am aware not all agree with my assessment of Sessions, and some call it bullcrap or whatever, but my opinion of Sessions has nothing to do with his recusal on Russia (a case can be made for that), but because I don't think allowing law enforcement to legally steal peoples assets can be called a "conservative" position.  Sessions' instincts are not correct.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2020, 01:40:11 pm »
I am aware not all agree with my assessment of Sessions, and some call it bullcrap or whatever, but my opinion of Sessions has nothing to do with his recusal on Russia (a case can be made for that), but because I don't think allowing law enforcement to legally steal peoples assets can be called a "conservative" position.  Sessions' instincts are not correct.

I am on the record agreeing with that. You are cheering the loss of a high eighties to low ninties percent Conservative with civil asset forfeiture problems for a Turtle loving RINO with what will be a high sixties to low seventies percent rating.

congratulations. more friggin winning. Butts in the seats see... That's all you need.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 01:57:13 pm »

I agree 100%.  Almost all of his woes are a result of the Trump Slime Machine.  Just ask Ted Cruz how well that mechansim worked in '16.  His small margin of reelection victory in '18, is evidence of that residual blow back.

But you are absolutley right, Session's politcal savvy was configured  in 1980's- 1990's politcal constraints. He didn't duck, juke, or adjust to the the new political realities.

I'll piss a lot of people off, but there is a significant part of his base that have become mindless echo chambered bots when it comes to buying into his "new enemy demonization" process.  IF the Orange Man says its bad, than it must be gospel.  Now that Stone is back on the street, he and Pecker can join forces again for another round of GOP character assassinations.  I'll be watching

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2020, 01:58:46 pm »

congratulations. more friggin winning. Butts in the seats see... That's all you need.

No...orange tinted butts.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2020, 01:59:55 pm »
No...orange tinted butts.

You seem to have mispelled 'tainted'.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2020, 02:01:48 pm »
I agree 100%.  Almost all of his woes are a result of the Trump Slime Machine.  Just ask Ted Cruz how well that mechansim worked in '16.  His small margin of reelection victory in '18, is evidence of that residual blow back.

But you are absolutley right, Session's politcal savvy was configured  in 1980's- 1990's politcal constraints. He didn't duck, juke, or adjust to the the new political realities.

I'll piss a lot of people off, but there is a significant part of his base that have become mindless echo chambered bots when it comes to buying into his "new enemy demonization" process.  IF the Orange Man says its bad, than it must be gospel.  Now that Stone is back on the street, he and Pecker can join forces again for another round of GOP character assassinations.  I'll be watching

That is going to be a fun thing to watch @catfish1957 since the GOP no longer has any character to assassinate so far as I can tell.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2020, 02:06:23 pm »
I am on the record agreeing with that. You are cheering the loss of a high eighties to low ninties percent Conservative with civil asset forfeiture problems for a Turtle loving RINO with what will be a high sixties to low seventies percent rating.

What if that 10-20% left-wing is stuff that's important to me?  I want somebody who will move the ball down-field, and somebody with an axe to grind against the President is not likely to move the ball.

I've long had the attitude it's up to Alabamans, and they have spoken, with a roughly 2 to 1 ratio.
I will NOT comply.