Author Topic: Perspective: Government orders Tesoro Pipeline to shut down, pay landowners millions  (Read 558 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Perspective: Government orders Tesoro Pipeline to shut down, pay landowners millions

https://www.buffalosfire.com/perspective-government-orders-tesoro-pipeline-to-shut-down-pay-landowners-millions/

In a long awaited, yet surprising turn of events, the federal government recently ordered the Tesoro High Plains Pipeline in North Dakota to shut down and pay a group of landowners on the Fort Berthold Reservation millions of dollars for trespass violations.

A mediation was being scheduled to take place in August between representatives of Tesoro and American Indian landowners given years of failed negotiations and two federal lawsuits. But, on July 2, the U.S. Interior Department’s Bureau of Indian Affairs, preempted the meeting and served a formal notification of trespass to Tesoro officials.

“The BIA has determined that a pipeline owned and utilized by Andeavor/Tesoro Pipeline is encroaching on trust lands without an approved right of way, resulting  in trespass,” wrote Tim LaPointe, regional director for the BIA.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Not really any history brought forward in article concerning this pipeline.

It is hard to believe anyone would construct one without a detailed title assessment to satisfy its owner meets its row rights.

there is more to this than meets the eye.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not really any history brought forward in article concerning this pipeline.

It is hard to believe anyone would construct one without a detailed title assessment to satisfy its owner meets its row rights.

there is more to this than meets the eye.
It sounds like there may have been a deal cut with the tribe (or some key members) that left the landowners out, and the case from the landowners has been bounced from Tribal to White Man's courts for years.

Similar stuff happens when probate is settled in tribal court and Operators refuse to pay the heirs royalties because the probate wasn't recorded in a Circuit or district or county courthouse.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis