Author Topic: More cheap potential Covid treatments, Ivermectin saves 50%  (Read 649 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
JoNova 7/13/2020

Coronavirus may leave a trail of benefits in its wake. Who knew that there were so many cheap antivirals around? Will people get fed up with the limited choices on offer next time there is a quarantine.

While newspapers in Australia were pretty keen to share the discovery of an antiviral role for HCQ, not so many were interested in the followup studies.

Ivermectin, like hydroxychloroquine is a kind of superdrug — in the sense of being in worldwide mass use.  Some 3.7 billion doses are estimated to have been given since its approval. It has been called the Japanese Wonder Drug. It’s the farm drench, a head lice treatment, and works against worm, mites and ticks too.

It was estimated to reduce viral loads in vitro massively but most people didn’t think it would work at lower safe doses. Then Bangladeshi doctors claim it was “astounding”. Last month US tests suggest that it reduced deaths by 40%. (Rajter)

These are all every priminary results.  [urlhttps://www.trialsitenews.com/category/ivermectin/]More studies are promised for Ivermectin[/url]. Especially in Peru, where a grassroots movement of Doctors has ensured it will be used.

A US clinical trial of the drug ivermectin found that it reduced the mortality rate of COVID-19 patients by 40%.

More: http://joannenova.com.au/2020/07/more-cheap-potential-covid-treatments-ivermectin-saves-50/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: More cheap potential Covid treatments, Ivermectin saves 50%
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 12:08:24 am »
Dexamethasone for the symptoms, ivermectin and/or HCQ to get to the root of the virus. For being at it only four months, the fact that we're developing a reliable regimen this soon is impressive.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 12:19:05 am »
I wonder what the recommended dosage is. I have an almost full 500ml bottle of 1% Ivermectin.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 01:50:30 am »
Dexamethasone for the symptoms, ivermectin and/or HCQ to get to the root of the virus. For being at it only four months, the fact that we're developing a reliable regimen this soon is impressive.
The HCQ/Z-Pack/Zinc regimen was developed very early on, and at early onset has proven a game changer. It is only the haste of the Medical community and the media to make Trump look bad that has kept it from being given to thousands who could have been saved by it.

FFS, they were giving LETHAL DOSES of chloroquine to patients in one study and when they shut down, blamed hydroxychloroquine.

Dr. Zelenko was right, and YOUTUBE CENSORED him, because he didn't fit with the WHO and CDC.  No good deed goes unpunished. https://www.recordonline.com/story/news/coronavirus/2020/03/24/kiryas-joel-leaders-urge-doctor-to-stop-making-videos-about-kj-virus-cases/111835784/

I know what it is like to be the only guy in the room who is right. Kudos to the Doctor for his efforts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 02:12:56 am »
I wonder what the recommended dosage is. I have an almost full 500ml bottle of 1% Ivermectin.
]https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1122/ivermectin-oral/details]
https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-1122/ivermectin-oral/details

Standard per pill dose is 3 mg. Mayo on dosage, based on body weight:https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/ivermectin-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20064397

The FDA has not approved the use of Ivermectin for the Coronavirus (no surprise).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 02:14:14 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 11:08:33 am »
The FDA has not approved the use of Ivermectin for the Coronavirus (no surprise).
Well, that's bureaucracy for you.

The good news is that the FDA does allow off-label use. For just about any drug, if it can be prescribed for any individual condition, it can be prescribed for every condition. So even though ivermectin and HCQ are meant to be prescribed for other illnesses, if a doctor thinks they'll be effective for a patient with COVID, it's perfectly legal to do so. (That's even without an emergency use authorization.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 04:56:59 pm »
Ivermectin has been around for about 4 decades, IIRC. HCQ works by making cells difficult for parasites to invade, and I'm guessing ivermectin does too. Which means either/both should be used early, if not prophylactically (e.g. the "day after" being around someone with the virus).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 01:48:22 pm »
So, I have had Ivermectin on my shelf for some time now, as I have been raising sheep & goats as a creative pastime, not a business.  When did this become an ok for human consumption?  The injectable rather than the cream was recommended by a vet several years back.  Now, you are telling me that this is a human drug???   ****sheep****

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 08:44:49 pm »
Ivermectin, ‘Wonder drug’ from Japan: the human use perspective

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

Abstract

Discovered in the late-1970s, the pioneering drug ivermectin, a dihydro derivative of avermectin—originating solely from a single microorganism isolated at the Kitasato Intitute, Tokyo, Japan from Japanese soil—has had an immeasurably beneficial impact in improving the lives and welfare of billions of people throughout the world. Originally introduced as a veterinary drug, it kills a wide range of internal and external parasites in commercial livestock and companion animals. It was quickly discovered to be ideal in combating two of the world’s most devastating and disfiguring diseases which have plagued the world’s poor throughout the tropics for centuries. It is now being used free-of-charge as the sole tool in campaigns to eliminate both diseases globally. It has also been used to successfully overcome several other human diseases and new uses for it are continually being found. This paper looks in depth at the events surrounding ivermectin’s passage from being a huge success in Animal Health into its widespread use in humans, a development which has led many to describe it as a “wonder” drug.

Onchocerciasis

The origins of ivermectin as a human drug are inextricably linked with Onchocerciasis (or River Blindness), a chronic human filarial disease caused by infection with Onchocerca volvulus worms. The parasites are transmitted via the bite of infected blackflies of the genus Simulium, which breed in highly-oxygenated, fast-flowing rivers and watercourses. In the human body, immature larval forms of the parasite create nodules in subcutaneous tissue, where they mature into adult worms. After mating, female worms can release up to 1000 microfilariae a day for some 10–14 years. These move through the body, and when they die they cause a variety of conditions, including skin rashes, lesions, intense itching, oedema and skin depigmentation (Fig. ​(Fig.2 ).2 ). Microfilariae also invade the eye, causing visual impairment and loss of vision, onchocerciasis being the second leading cause of blindness caused by an infectious disease.17) The disease causes visual damage for some 1–2 million people, around half of who will become blind.18)

Effectiveness against other filarial diseases

Lymphatic Filariasis, also known as Elephantiasis, is another devastating, highly debilitating disease that threatens over 1 billion people in more than 80 countries. Over 120 million people are infected, 40 million of whom are seriously incapacitated and disfigured. The disease results from infection with filarial worms, Wuchereria bancrofti, Brugia malayi or B. timori. The parasites are transmitted to humans through the bite of an infected mosquito and develop into adult worms in the lymphatic vessels, causing severe damage and swelling (lymphoedema) (Fig. ​(Fig.6 ).6 ). Adult worms are responsible for the major disease manifestations, the most outwardly visible forms being painful, disfiguring swelling of the legs and genital organs (Fig. ​(Fig.7 ).7 ). The psychological and social stigma associated with the disease are immense, as are the economic and productivity losses it causes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 09:04:50 pm »
So, I have had Ivermectin on my shelf for some time now, as I have been raising sheep & goats as a creative pastime, not a business.  When did this become an ok for human consumption?  The injectable rather than the cream was recommended by a vet several years back.  Now, you are telling me that this is a human drug???   ****sheep****

We have some sitting on the shelf as well, it is what we give our dog to prevent heartworm.

Yes, it is for human consumption:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/ivermectin-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20064397
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.