Author Topic: Groundbreaking: Scientists Create An Air Filter That Kills The Coronavirus  (Read 525 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Groundbreaking: Scientists Create An Air Filter That Kills The Coronavirus

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/07/13/groundbreaking-scientists-create-air-filter-kills-coronavirus/

The coronavirus is spurring on all kinds of innovation and creativity from the scientific community as well as the business community. The main focus now is on developing a vaccine and therapeutic drugs to combat the virus. Businesses have shut down normal production of products and switched to manufacturing essential medical equipment, like ventilators, as well as personal protection equipment to meet the needs of hospitals and first responders. All of this is good.

Meanwhile, researchers at the University of Houston (UH) have developed an air filter that kills the coronavirus. It is a “catch and kill” filter and it sounds really promising. It traps the virus and other pathogens and instantly kills them. The researchers teamed up with others to make it happen. Zhifeng Ren, director of the Texas Center for Superconductivity at UH and Monzer Hourani, CEO of Medistar, a Houston-based medical real estate development firm, as well as other researchers, came together to design the filter. With just one pass through the filter, 99.8% of the germs were killed.

The researchers reported that virus tests at the Galveston National Laboratory found 99.8% of the novel SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, was killed in a single pass through a filter made from commercially available nickel foam heated to 200 degrees Centigrade, or about 392 degrees Fahrenheit. It also killed 99.9% of the anthrax spores in testing at the national lab, which is run by the University of Texas Medical Branch.

Because this kills a wide variety of "bugs", it could find a wide variety of uses (airliners seems pretty attractive to me, if the filter can be safely adapted).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah... But so does passing it through an infra red light barrier, and that don't have to be kept at 500 degrees with air blowing over it...

Much ado about nothing, as infra red already works and is far more doable.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah... But so does passing it through an infra red light barrier, and that don't have to be kept at 500 degrees with air blowing over it...

Much ado about nothing, as infra red already works and is far more doable.
UV works, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

I like it.
Having  another tool in the tool box is always a good thing.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 03:15:33 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

I like it.
Having  another tool in the tool box is always a good thing.

Exactly! Have a full toolbox.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.