Author Topic: Is Disunion In Our Future?  (Read 337 times)

rangerrebew

Is Disunion In Our Future?
« on: July 13, 2020, 11:15:46 am »

Posted on July 12, 2020 by John Hinderaker 
Is Disunion In Our Future?

Until the last few months, the idea of disunion as anything but a historical relic had barely occurred to me. But lately, I have begun to wonder. Is there any basis on which we can share governance of America with people who hate our country and our traditions, institutions, culture and freedoms? Why, exactly, should we want to do so? Is there any set of shared assumptions and values that will allow normal Americans and leftists to work together as fellow citizens? One begins to wonder.

Last Friday, I filled in for Dan Proft on his late-night Salem network show. Dan has a great booker and producer who makes hosting easy. One of our guests was Frank Buckley, a professor at Scalia Law School and columnist for the New York Post.

We started out talking about Buckley’s column “America Held Hostage” in the Spectator, where he connects the current madness to November’s election. We then moved on to discuss Frank’s book American Secession: The Looming Threat of a National Breakup. With remarkable prescience, Buckley wrote the book last year, and it was published in January.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/07/is-disunion-in-our-future.php

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Is Disunion In Our Future?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:46:30 pm »
"Disunion" may offer the only peaceful solution for the [no longer] United States in the years to come.

Short of that, there's going to be a civil war -- either to "disunify" or to force one side from doing so.
I state this with what is now near-certainty.
It can't be avoided, it's coming. Even Ray Charles could see that.

In one scenario, the red states (and the traditional-minded Americans who live in them, mostly composed of whites) will "invade" the outlaw blue states, remove the leftist/communist officials that run those states, replace them with either civilian or military authority and then enter a "Reconstruction II" era that forcibly integrates those states "back into the fold".

The other scenario -- which we see in its actual early stages now -- is a leftist/communist insurgency which moves to overthrow the established order from within. They are weak militarily, having only a ragtag band of troops/agitators, but have their groundwork completed -- 30-40 years of pro-leftist and anti-American indoctrination in the schools and universities, and that long or longer having established the 5th column in media/communication. If the 2020 elections topple control of the government to the leftists, they are almost certainly going to strike while [they believe] the iron is hot.

In any case -- in any of the above 3 scenarios -- the "new American nations" will no longer constitute the world power that the United States was previously.

Indeed, when conflict breaks out here big time, I foresee China making its long-anticipated move on Taiwan (we won't be in any position to help them), and perhaps North Korea invading South Korea (or, in lieu of that, using a few nukes on the South). Again, we won't be able to help.

Interesting times ahead.
Which of the three scenarios will it be...?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 10:53:07 pm »
By 'disunion', you mean 'secession', right?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 11:18:56 pm »
@Fishrrman

Not so sure I would be so pessimistic....
Keep in mind the opposition is afraid of statues and guns and cannot figure out which bathroom to use, so the only concern is the thugs the sheep are following.
I am more concerned about our courts falling off the cliff of reality and not putting an end to this crap.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 05:13:27 am »
@Fishrrman

Not so sure I would be so pessimistic....
Keep in mind the opposition is afraid of statues and guns and cannot figure out which bathroom to use, so the only concern is the thugs the sheep are following.
I am more concerned about our courts falling off the cliff of reality and not putting an end to this crap.
Not so afraid of guns they aren't shooting each other in near record numbers.

Take out the mouthiest ones, just like with any crew of bullies.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 01:59:55 pm »
Joe wrote:
"Take out the mouthiest ones, just like with any crew of bullies."

It's too late for that now, Joe.
They're "in it" far deeper than that.
FAR "deeper"...