Author Topic: Graham says he will call Mueller to testify before Senate panel about Russia probe  (Read 440 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Graham says he will call Mueller to testify before Senate panel about Russia probe
Jordain Carney  4 hrs ago

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said on Sunday that he will agree to a Democratic request to have former special counsel Robert Mueller testify about his investigation into Russian election meddling and the Trump campaign.

"Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee have previously requested Mr. Mueller appear before the Senate Judiciary Committee to testify about his investigation," Graham said in a statement.

"That request will be granted," he added.

The statement from Graham, which was also posted to Twitter, comes after Mueller published a Washington Post op-ed defending his team's findings on President Trump's associate Roger Stone after Trump moved to commute Stone's sentence.

Stone "remains a convicted felon, and rightly so," Mueller wrote.

He added that he felt compelled to "respond both to broad claims that our investigation was illegitimate and our motives were improper, and to specific claims that Roger Stone was a victim of our office. Stone was prosecuted and convicted because he committed federal crimes."

Graham referenced the Washington Post op-ed, saying that Mueller is "apparently ... willing-and also capable-of defending" the investigation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/graham-says-he-will-call-mueller-to-testify-before-senate-panel-about-russia-probe/ar-BB16DWd4?ocid=msedgntp
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
WHITE HOUSE

Graham delivers laughs — and loyalty — at Mar-a-Lago dinner

The event came just hours after news that special counsel Robert Mueller had completed his investigation and submitted a report to the Justice Department.

PALM BEACH, Fla. — Sen. Lindsey Graham delivered a rousing speech behind closed doors at Mar-a-Lago on Friday night, joking about the prospect of President Donald Trump opening a hotel in Jerusalem and asking the crowd whether they’d like to see former Rep. Trey Gowdy on the Supreme Court.

With Trump looking on, Graham lavished the president with praise, ticking off a list of his accomplishments, including the booming economy, the elimination of Islamic State strongholds in Syria and the moving of the U.S. Embassy in Israel to Jerusalem.

“There will be a Trump hotel there in 10 years,” Graham said, according to three people present for his remarks. Two of the people stressed that the comment was a joke and the crowd laughed in response.

The senator also gave a shout-out to Gowdy, who represented a district in Graham’s state of South Carolina until earlier this year. When Graham jokingly asked the crowd whether it wanted to see Gowdy on the Supreme Court, the guests applauded. Gowdy, the former House Oversight Committee chairman, attended the event and was seen mingling with the president.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/23/mueller-report-lindsey-graham-trump-1233186

Gotta love that guy.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
With the last appearance by Mueller in front of COngress, I thought he appeared senile, for he really was not with it.  I doubt he has improved any, so this stunt by Graham will prove or provide what?  NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Graham is such an empty suit.  I would not be surprised if he gets voted out of office this year.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

With the last appearance by Mueller in front of COngress, I thought he appeared senile, for he really was not with it.  I doubt he has improved any, so this stunt by Graham will prove or provide what?  NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Lindsey had nothing to do with it,other than approving the Dim brain fart.

Graham is such an empty suit.  I would not be surprised if he gets voted out of office this year.

Since the Dims have budgeted a gazillion dollars or so to finance the campaign of his black opponent,his losing shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. I was reading a couple of years ago that his district was "going black",and the tribal vote rules all contests.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

Graham had nothing to do with it?  Please, the Republicans CONTROL the Senate.  Nothing happens in the Senate without the majority party saying so, particularly McConnell and the chair of a committee.  The Dems can't do a damn thing without their approval.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Graham had nothing to do with it?  Please, the Republicans CONTROL the Senate.  Nothing happens in the Senate without the majority party saying so, particularly McConnell and the chair of a committee.  The Dems can't do a damn thing without their approval.

Am sick and damned tired of everything Lindsey Graham.  He is totally full of crap and a fraud.  Like everybody else in D.C..

It's been over 3-1/2 years and not a single SOB has been indicted, let alone incarcerated. No 4am FBI raids.  Not a Goddamned thing.

Graham is full of sh*t.  Mueller should already be in custody BEHIND bars in GITMO.

Instead, he's 'writing' OP-EDS in the Washington Post and New York Times still claiming the Russian/Trump connection has merit.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jafo2010

I agree DC Patriot.  I believe they should have been indicted, convicted, and publicly dispatched.  I am talking about all involved in the coup against Trump.  ALL.

And you may think me extreme to want it public, but imagine it.  If it is done publicly for all to see, then perhaps it will be another 245 years until the next effort.  As it is, the next effort could be happening right this moment, and they may have decided to up their game and make it a bloody coup.