Author Topic: But Eat Goya brand?  (Read 3407 times)

Online Hoodat

Re: But Eat Goya brand?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2020, 04:39:20 pm »
Beans in Chilli???  Sacrilege!!!

I must admit, the Texas chili that they serve every once in awhile on the platform is awesome (primarily because it is made with leftover tenderloin or prime rib from the night before)., but the current camp boss on my rotation ain't from Texas.  And I am stuck on that rotation until at least January. 

For mine, I use ground beef (or turkey), and that requires beans (pinto, kidney, and black).  The only thing I ever got from my father's side of the family was the chili recipe (Amish country - PA).  Bell peppers, onions, cumin, chili powder, coriander, allspice, soy sauce, tomatoes, beans.  And garlic.  Lots of garlic.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:41:24 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 04:40:09 pm »
I know it is, but I refuse to turn in my Texas Card because I occasionally add dark red kidneys......    :cool:

Good chilli does not require the use of cheap extenders! Unless you have a bunch of uninvited guest show up. THEN it's ok!   wink777
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 04:47:43 pm »
I must admit, the Texas chili that they serve every once in awhile on the platform is awesome (primarily because it is made with leftover tenderloin or prime rib from the night before)., but the current camp boss on my rotation ain't from Texas.  And I am stuck on that rotation until at least January. 

For mine, I use ground beef (or turkey), and that requires beans (pinto, kidney, and black).  The only thing I ever got from my father's side of the family was the chili recipe (Amish country - PA).  Bell peppers, onions, cumin, chili powder, coriander, allspice, soy sauce, tomatoes, beans.  And garlic.  Lots of garlic.

Since I have been a married adult (long time ago), I have always used our Thanksgiving and Christmas Turkey leftovers to make Chili.   Pretty much a traditon, that spouse, kids, and grandkids for that matter would be disappointed if I didn't use it that way.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 05:27:56 pm »

Deciding how to make proper Chili entails yet another decision point, ground or cut meat--steak of course.

This is dealt with on the package for Carroll Shelby's kit fixins, aka "kits"

e, I'd go for pinto beans with cheap chuck steak cut into small pieces. And Shelby flavor "kit"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline berdie

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 07:52:18 pm »
I know it is, but I refuse to turn in my Texas Card because I occasionally add dark red kidneys......    :cool:

I do too. :laugh: In addition to the "normal" ingredients I add a pinch of cloves. Dang! I can't wait for cool weather. The thought of chili right now just doesn't flick my bic, lol.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2020, 01:30:57 am »
Harumpf!  22222frying pan

While spicy food, in and of itself is good,
What fun is eating spicy food if you don't have the 'gas drive' to share the experience?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2020, 09:44:03 am »
I like chili with beans.

I also like it without. I like chili period.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:44:58 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2020, 10:11:59 am »
Make
America
Great
Again
      by
         Getting
         Off
         Your
         Ass

999alarm

888high58888

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2020, 11:36:51 am »
I like chili with beans.

I also like it without. I like chili period.

Same here.  First time I ever had chili without beans was sometime in the 1990s.  A coworker and I decided to have lunch at this little café that was owned and operated by a culinary school.  It had a limited menu which changed daily and the day we were there, chili was on the menu.  So I ordered it.  I was surprised when it came that it didn't have any beans -- just big chunks of beef -- and I remember the sauce had wine in it, not the usual tomato sauce.  I told the waiter that it was quite good, but that I was surprised it had no beans.  He must have told the head chef because he came out and explained to me that authentic chili does not have beans.  The chef was nice enough to give me the recipe too.  So I learned something new that day and had a great bowl of chili besides.

These days I'm not allowed red meat or alcohol, so I use beans and maybe some chicken plus the tomato sauce.  I often will mix light red and dark red kidney beans and often add other beans such as black or cannellini beans.  Chili is one of my favorite comfort foods when it's cold outside.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2020, 01:30:41 am »
Best chili I ever enjoyed was Smoked Turkey chili, which had black beans, sour cream, chopped green onions, and who knows what spices at a restaurant in downtown Pittsburgh.  I do not think the restaurant is there any longer, but it was to die for it was so good.